Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Smoking and Lung Damage causes depression

A little known fact in the West is that smoking and lung damage causes depression.

This is of course standard TCM knowledge.

I can read these energy blockages though.

I had a coworker come into the room where I was sitting in full lotus.

He had no particular expression on his face and did not say a word but I was overwhelmed by his sadness.

I blurted out - "Why are you so sad?"

He looked at me shocked and in silence.

I then said: "You know smoking causes depression."

Soon after that he quit smoking and his depression went away.

I've read this same blockage in other people who smoke and then when I burn wood getting smoke in my lungs then I notice the sadness emotion and I have to clear it out. But when it happens to me I clearly see the cause and effect -- oh I got smoke in my lungs and now I am sad. It's not because of something that happened to me.

Of course if someone attacks someone else that can cause the person to get sad -- but the lungs switch from sadness to courage based on the deep diaphgram breathing then increasing the electromagnetic chi energy of the heart.

So when the lung energy of courage combines with the heart love energy it creates compassion.

Or in reverse compassion will turn the lung sadness into courage.

That's interesting Drew. My experience with smoking was that it was when I quit that I got hit with depression, not while I was actively smoking.

• Like 1

That's interesting Drew. My experience with smoking was that it was when I quit that I got hit with depression, not while I was actively smoking.

yeah withdrawl makes the symptoms worse -- I call it exorcism.

Ha, yeah. I do remember actually 'seeing' black smoke rise and remove itself from me at one point after I quit. I credit quitting for contributing to the k rising.

All subjective of course:-)

only problem is, second hand smoke is hard to quit, im not doing it to myself.

and there is no understanding of reason or necessity, let alone any desire or intent to quit smoking pot.

Frankly, being stoned makes it easier to "be" without attachment, or needing to "do something about" my life.
If i COULD do something "about" my life, i probably wouldnt need to get stoned :lol: But when you're boxed in and there is no escape... you go inward and escape into the mind.

So i know im crazy, but you'd think i was crazier if i tried to solve my problems at YOUR expense instead of just getting stoned.

Yeah, I quit pot before I quit smoking. I'd probably start smoking pot again, if it weren't for my fear of getting re-hooked on cigarettes.

• Like 1

I do deeply admire your conviction -K- :)

I'm very proud of my mom for quitting cigarettes and beer. Though she'll drink occasionally, she isnt an alcoholic, and i am proud that she's expressed that much self control.

It's inspiring :)

Now if my dad had a brain, and an ounce of will power.... :lol:

It's not so much a conviction as a 'this doesn't work for me' conclusion. I've experimented with things somewhat;-)

This makes sense to me. I don't smoke, but I wonder if living in Mexico city--not know for the cleanest air--also contributes to a down mood?

i could have never quit cigs without pot, that is amazing! i never really notice depression from smoking pot unless you count all the energy draining and how one feels afterwards. Around that point my stash runs out and i stop for a while. Also, when i am actively using any drug, including pot or tobacco, i notice that i am more horny. That tends to lead to excessive energy leakage as well. i think the depression comes mostly from negative alterations in breathing. i have been smoking and doing daily pranayama and the draining effects are significantly reduced if not gone entirely. The pranayama has helped with the excessive sexuality as well :)

Ha, yeah. I do remember actually 'seeing' black smoke rise and remove itself from me at one point after I quit. I credit quitting for contributing to the k rising. All subjective of course:-)

wow! Yeah I've read it takes 3 months to really fully quit and this is the same as a "gong" -- so deep neuron rewiring going on like a kundalini rising. My sister thought she quit but as soon as she hit 3 months she cudn't handle it anymore and went back.

I think it's alchemical; you cant get something out of nothing, and in the case of addiction, you cant lose something without a replacement...
So
what can i replace food, air, companionship, and free will with?
Seems lioke i might want to be prepared for that D:

Lol maybe i can find something to replace internet with...

That's why edibles are so nice. No smoking. :)

Never could get the dosage right :( i always either feel nothing, or am stuck in bed for days feeling nauseous

He has previously conducted small experiments on healthy volunteers and found that psilocybin, the psychedelic ingredient in magic mushrooms, has the potential to alleviate severe forms of depression in people who don't respond to other treatments.

http://news.yahoo.com/first-magic-mushroom-depression-trial-hits-stumbling-block-231805511.html

it's that serotonin blast.

Yeah this one maybe speculatively too http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v13n1/13118han.html

use common sense, please don't consider trying anything out there, unless maybe you are willing to grow Her from a seed and nurture a personal friendship with Her all the while she is growing, communicating with her life force the whole way, and then start with a homeopathic dose. She is a beautiful spirit to have around in the home anyways...She need not be consumed.

Can you recommend a source of seeds?

I am very sensitive to serotonin changes, and I've never felt a crash. I think the long term benefits have more to do with integrating new perspective into your life.

Can anyone give some insight on how to clear negative energy from smoke?

Also, eating is the way to go, but you have to let your body get used to it/ get a slight tolerance

Smoking causing the lungs to be blocked up from breathing. It is the lack of oxygen in your brain which caused your depression.

if you inhale to your capacity while sitting, then, holding your breath, stand up and stretch up, and arc your back and stretch backwards, while compressing that air...

You'll get a major head rush, an oxygen high, feel like one with the entire omniversal construct, and VERY possibly black out and fall down... which is why you definitely dont want to do this unless you have soft padding all around, especially behind you.

It's not exactly something "safe" and i honestly dont know any consequences, but i wouldnt reccomend doing this often and definitely not alone.

Treat "oxygen high" as if it could kill you in a split second, and what ever you do, under no circumstances, no matter what you think, never hyperventilate to achieve this.

Under normal breathing, most lightly, there is less chance of getting hyperventilation. Unless, it was artificial by forcing oxygen into the lungs like they do in the hospitals.

"Can anyone give some insight on how to clear negative energy from smoke?

I can't say that this is definite, but I found it was helpful. I was practicing a kind of a thing (so you get it's pretty DIY) where I considered that the main issue at hand was not the elimination of the desire to smoke, just the act of smoking. I figured me (and many people I had met) were more consumed and troubled by the desire to smoke more than the doing of it, the actual smoking. So I figured out that while the act of smoking was the actual issue in terms of health, having desire was the real issue people struggled with. (in other words, they wanted to not desire). So I let myself desire without action. I spent days filled with it (desire). And that was all fine. Sort of.

Sign in to follow this