Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Smoking and Lung Damage causes depression

Guest Jason Croft

A little known fact in the West is that smoking and lung damage causes depression.

This is of course standard TCM knowledge.

I can read these energy blockages though.

I had a coworker come into the room where I was sitting in full lotus.

He had no particular expression on his face and did not say a word but I was overwhelmed by his sadness.

I blurted out - "Why are you so sad?"

He looked at me shocked and in silence.

I then said: "You know smoking causes depression."

Soon after that he quit smoking and his depression went away.

I've read this same blockage in other people who smoke and then when I burn wood getting smoke in my lungs then I notice the sadness emotion and I have to clear it out. But when it happens to me I clearly see the cause and effect -- oh I got smoke in my lungs and now I am sad. It's not because of something that happened to me.

Of course if someone attacks someone else that can cause the person to get sad -- but the lungs switch from sadness to courage based on the deep diaphgram breathing then increasing the electromagnetic chi energy of the heart.

So when the lung energy of courage combines with the heart love energy it creates compassion.

Or in reverse compassion will turn the lung sadness into courage.

My reply to the above:

I have worked for about 20 years in hospitals - on my first day - we had an orientation class with the purpose of the importance that hospitals place on what happens in the hospital. The prime importance was placed on $$$. In other words the purpose was keeping beds filled. Since smokers were in 30% of the beds - they were given a prime importance above all other patients.

All of the smokers died pennyless with their unpaid bills being paid by the people of USA.

As of late, the USA government has been working to force the tobacco companies to pay the unpaid hospital bills of the tobacco smoking patients with the result of Tobacco companies focusing advertising on younger suckers and Tobacco being genetically modified so as to be more addictive.

With no other way to quit smoking than death, yes, ,,, they become depressed when they see the results of their life. Most of the tobacco addicts spend their last few dying breaths on begging doctors and nurses to kill them swiftly rather than to force them to suffer more.

Edited by Jason Croft

Never could get the dosage right :( i always either feel nothing, or am stuck in bed for days feeling nauseous

Very common problem and why a lot of people think they don't like eating it. I'm not going to get into recipes, but you just start with a known amount, do a half or whole batch of cookies or whatever, and see what happens. Modify as necessary. The easy thing is that you never just eat a whole cookie or brownie. Especially if someone else made it! its almost always too strong. Eat 1/4 of it. See what happens. Usually that's right for me. 1/4 cookie. I'll admit its nice to eat a whole cookie, but one batch of cookies, in the freezer, lasts a long time when you're eating a quarter cookie at a time.

If a quarter cookie is still too strong, put less in the recipe next time. Once you get to where you know "this much cookie does this to me", then you can both eat an amount you know is right, so you aren't too high, and modify the recipe. Eating is great for me because I can eat just enough to feel it, and it lasts hours.

These days its getting rare for me. It's about run its course for usefulness with me. But it's nice to have a bag of cookies in the freezer for when I'm in the mood.

I feel like butter diffuses unevenly through baked goods. I would recommend skipping the cookies altogether, since amount is a fine threshold between being incredibly pleasant and uncomfortable. So, I've found that a strong butter that you can just take a nibble of is the way to go. My favorite is warm glass of almond milk with maple syrup and a very small amount of butter.

Interesting.

Since I heat the special ingredient in the butter for five minutes or so, the butter is liquid and is probably spread out fairly evenly through the dough.

Still, I like your idea.

An everclear tincture has worked very well for me too. But there's the everclear...but if you do it strong enough, it takes less than 1/4oz of everclear mixed with anything to do the trick. By the time it's mixed in with a glass of water, it's just a very herby tasting water. :)

Anyway...back on topic.

Smoke bad.

Personally I have a healthy relationship with tobacco. I have a pouch of rolling tobacco at home. The last cigarette I rolled from it was in November. Once the weather gets nicer I'll start having one here and there. Never got a dependency, so I don't worry about it. Still not healthy...but one or two cigarettes a week won't hurt me more than the month I spent in china did...

Edited by i am

Sign in to follow this