silas

Are We Heading Towards A One-World Religion?

I was talking to someone about this today. By "one world religion" I mean some kind of unified religion. Would it have its basis in Christianity, the most popular religion in the world today?

Everything is mapping into Christianity. Christian Buddhism, for example, maps the Buddha to Jesus and the overmind to God. Christian Judiasm (Jews For Jesus) accept Jesus as the messiah and hence the New Testament. All of the New Age religions seem to be based in Christianity. The "3 teachings" of old China religion (Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism) have become the "4 teachings" with Christianity gaining converts in large numbers (or so I am told).

Is Christianity the one-world religion? I have heard that in such a religion, any doctrine, teaching or story that does not map would have to be discarded. How would such a one-world church treat people whose religion does not map into Christianity?

if there ever is a one world religion it wont be based in anything you now currently know. it will be based in the knowledge of the cosmos, and the true teachings of life. you cant find that in most of the religions of the world. as long as a religion says that there is good and evil, rite and wrong it will never be the one world religion. that type of religion will subjugate others based on its beliefs. you will understand this if you extend your consiousness outside the boundries of our world. if jesus is human and died for human sins where does that leave or have to do with other beings of other worlds. it will never make sense to them. a one world religion would embrace a way of cosmic being that would allow love to be spread like a supernova throught the cosmos. anything else is just not good enough. and it could never be christianity because christianity is based on halv truths and whole lies. how can a one world religion be based on ppl who blatently molest children and say is wrong to have sex with women? america is one of the countries rooted in christianity and is a failing country. as is most other places that hold this faith dear. so in my opinion christianity will not be the world religion! because its a failed/failing religion.

I was talking to someone about this today. By "one world religion" I mean some kind of unified religion. Would it have its basis in Christianity, the most popular religion in the world today?

Everything is mapping into Christianity. Christian Buddhism, for example, maps the Buddha to Jesus and the overmind to God. Christian Judiasm (Jews For Jesus) accept Jesus as the messiah and hence the New Testament. All of the New Age religions seem to be based in Christianity. The "3 teachings" of old China religion (Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism) have become the "4 teachings" with Christianity gaining converts in large numbers (or so I am told).

Is Christianity the one-world religion? I have heard that in such a religion, any doctrine, teaching or story that does not map would have to be discarded. How would such a one-world church treat people whose religion does not map into Christianity?

God! I hope not.

• Like 1

I also hope not. Bad enough that a fake religion like Christianity is still thiving (albeit it seems mostly among Asians who forgot their roots and have no idea about religious history), but it is IMO not qualified as a "world religion" and definitely not fit for my worship.

And there is no such thing a "Christian Buddhism", those can only be Christians who don't know about absolute basics of Buddhism.

IMO, no, because not even the Christians (nor any other religion) can agree with each other, hence the different denominations. Bring on diversity.

And there is no such thing a "Christian Buddhism", those can only be Christians who don't know about absolute basics of Buddhism.

Well, I read an interview recently with actor Chris Evans, the guy who plays Captain America. He calls himself a Christian Buddhist (or maybe a Buddhist Chrisitan). His family is Catholic, but he practices Buddhism too. The interview is here: The Avengers' Chris Evans: Just Your Average Beer-Swilling, Babe-Loving Buddhist.

There are some weird combinations. Did you know there was such a thing as a Christian Atheist? They don't believe in God but they like the Bible.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing, not a one world religion, but rather a dissolution of the boundaries between religions. For example, Christian generosity and humility, Buddhist non-attachment to ego, Native American appreciation of the Creator and Creation, Daoist wisdom and understanding of the inner and outer worlds. These things exist in all the traditions but for some reason people are expected to choose one or the other rather than just accepting that they are all looking at the same painting. There should be no reason that people can't go from one tradition to another, like a bit party house with many rooms. That's pretty much how I see it. Sometimes I like the party in the kitchen, sometimes in the living room, sometimes in the basement. No reason to stay in one room our whole lives.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2