Sign in to follow this  
flowing hands

Warning labels

I came on the site today and found that underneath my member title appeared a warning status.

There is no history of warnings given or about to be given. This strikes me as moderation bullying by placing it there. I see no other member with the same warning status, which suggests and gives other members the idea that I am a liability and could be given warnings at any given time.

I would suggest to the moderation team that they immediately remove this and issue a public apology, or give concrete evidence why I should be 'branded'. 1984 or what!

• Like 1

We all have them. Mine says no warning points, which does make me feel a little branded. If it is perfunctory to have one, I would at least rather not feel so boring. Wondering what I need to do to get one that says -"mad, bad and dangerous to know"; can I have one that says that?

I came on the site today and found that underneath my member title appeared a warning status.

There is no history of warnings given or about to be given. This strikes me as moderation bullying by placing it there. I see no other member with the same warning status, which suggests and gives other members the idea that I am a liability and could be given warnings at any given time.

I would suggest to the moderation team that they immediately remove this and issue a public apology, or give concrete evidence why I should be 'branded'. 1984 or what!

Well everyone has one, but only you can see it.

I can agree to some extent It did feel kind of 1984, but I seem to have forgot about that/had this feeling removed and moved on if you look on previous threads on this section, I made a similar thread.

Edited by sinansencer

Well everyone has one, but only you can see it.

I can agree to some extent It did feel kind of 1984, but I seem to have forgot about that/had this feeling removed and moved on if you look on previous threads on this section, I made a similar thread.

Its interesting, when did this appear? I was on yesterday and no warning status appeared. It reminds me of the China history forum which used a similar method and I found the moderation there quite odd..........LOL

Why don't the mods tell us about this?

Edited by flowing hands

We all have them. Mine says no warning points, which does make me feel a little branded. If it is perfunctory to have one, I would at least rather not feel so boring. Wondering what I need to do to get one that says -"mad, bad and dangerous to know"; can I have one that says that?

I think you need to call someone an idiot or something like that!!!!

I've tried but still no points ... don't see how I'm going to win the top prize without a single point.

I personally didn't recall having it or not here. But if new, it would be useful for an announcement. It would most likely be a 'feature' which was turned on or came with a recent upgrade/update.

At another website I help at, the moderators are the ones who can see all of them.

Yes, dawei, you are right, it is a feature that came with upgrade. It hasnt actually been activated our organised to be activated yet.

When something actually happens to do with it, it will be announced. Currently it is dormant.

Sorry you were freaked out, flowing hands.

Sign in to follow this