10 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Again why?

Is not time an artificial construct ?

4 minutes ago, cold said:

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Of course.  Period 8, Ding You year, Han Lu season, Ji You month, Ji Mao day, Wu Shi hour.  Qi is good in the Northeast, South, and West.  The star  6, ruler of Lungs, Large Intestine, and Bones, stands in the Center of the day.   Its combination with 9, the star of the month, is not that great, however the day has a lot of potential and is good for initiating stuff, not good for completing tasks (or starting the ones that are about closure.)  And so on. 

"The way of heaven is easy and the way of the earth is simple," as the great classics put it. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Of course.  Period 8, Ding You year, Han Lu season, Ji You month, Ji Mao day, Wu Shi hour.  Qi is good in the Northeast, South, and West.  The star  6, ruler of Lungs, Large Intestine, and Bones, stands in the Center of the day.   Its combination with 9, the star of the month, is not that great, however the day has a lot of potential and is good for initiating stuff, not good for completing tasks (or starting the ones that are about closure.)  And so on. 

"The way of heaven is easy and the way of the earth is simple," as the great classics put it. :)

That must be ( or been in the past ) a heck of a time piece.

Are electronics simplifying or complicating our lives? 

Am I up a creek when the battery dies?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cold said:

That must be ( or been in the past ) a heck of a time piece.

Are electronics simplifying or complicating our lives? 

Am I up a creek when the battery dies?

Far as I'm concerned, not simplifying, not complicating -- destroying.   (Please nobody point out I wrote this on a fracking electronic device.  I know.  It came to take away and usurp the place of what was a lot more, a lot better -- we used to call it life.  We're in a place where it's not a choice between electronics and the fabric of actual life-creating presence of body, mind, spirit.  It's a choice between electronics and nonexistence, for most people most of the time.  Here's a study I saw yesterday:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/04/impact-of-smartphones-on-mental-health/)

Seductive and addictive, they are.  So is crack cocaine.  Is crack cocaine simplifying or complicating an addict's life?

When the battery dies, yes, everybody is up a creek.  Except for those who can calculate the time on their fingers -- forget electronics, I don't even need a pen and a piece of paper, all I need is the sun, the moon and the skill (I took a course, though electronic seduction has caused it to get very rusty over the years, but I can revive it anytime if necessary.)  

"When the battery dies" is an optimistic outlook though.  I'm afraid it may outlive us.  

• Like 1