Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

Chi Weightlifting

does anyone else get an erection when weight lifting? every time i try to do it i have to stop 5 or 10 seconds in and wait for it to die down before i can start up again.

Like a puppy at the door when when you pick up the frisbee huh? In time Fido will know when it's time for play :D and when it's time for work.

Over at thundersplace they do this sort of thing all the time, with no ill effects if men do it carefully. However I do think a lot of men over there do engage in the practice out of a sort of male anorexia, a body hatred, and also misogyny. But those attitudes weren't caused by the practice, it was the men's attitudes that caused the men to take up the practice.

I think, as with most things, what you get from the practice depends in a large part on why you are doing it.

i'm not entirely sure of my main motive but this type of training is held in high regards by nearly everyone who uses it (i say nearly only because plato seems to be dissatisfied by it). if what they say about it being good for the marrow or what not is true then that'd be great, i have external strength but i'm sure my internal is seriously lacking.

Chi gong exercise is an important precursor to chi weightlifting for at least two reasons, it warms up the the muscles that will be strained, most importantly the BS, and develops the jing energy that will be distilled into chi during the weightlifting training.

I hope people are following this advice wholeheartedly. <_<

Over at thundersplace they do this sort of thing all the time, with no ill effects if men do it carefully. However I do think a lot of men over there do engage in the practice out of a sort of male anorexia, a body hatred, and also misogyny. But those attitudes weren't caused by the practice, it was the men's attitudes that caused the men to take up the practice.

I think, as with most things, what you get from the practice depends in a large part on why you are doing it.

Yep.

I hope people are following this advice wholeheartedly. <_<

Chi gong exercise is an important precursor to chi weightlifting for at least two reasons, it warms up the the muscles that will be strained, most importantly the BS, and develops the jing energy that will be distilled into chi during the weightlifting training. Simple overhand jelqing is probably the best method of achieving these objectives. Which brings up two important points, training should include roughly equal portions of time spent kegeling against an unliftable (by kegel flexing) training weight and kegeling against a liftable (by kegel flexing) training weight.

you should post the entire quote though

so i've been thinking, is chi weightlifting the practice that allows one to eventually suck the testicles up into the abdomen? i've scanned through ron jeremy's old posts and he seems to think highly of "testicle pull ups" which i can do. how would you get them back down if you did get them in the abdomen though :lol:

you'd have to be careful not to digest your children!

so it's been a little over 3 weeks of my hanging practice. due to the fact i clumsily broke my first weight i switched to a 5lb plate the first week. it is recommended you progress at a much slower pace but i feel as if i'm going to stay at 5lbs for a while, if not for the remainder of my practice. the only other weight i have is 10lbs, which i think is a little too much for experimental purposes.

also, due to the fact that i'm using a home made rig it might not be able to support that kind of weight and i don't need anything slipping from down there :lol:

the only downside i have found, in my limited experience, is that you may develop a type of marking on your member. i don't mean a cut or a bruise, if you want an idea of what it is simply put all your weight on your palm and put it on the end of a table or something similar (you will see what i mean). i have, however, triumphed in that i have figured out how to prevent this from happening. i got one of my longer socks and cut from the top to bottom about 3 or 4 inches, so that i have the stretchy part and some material. if you put this over your member before hanging it is much, much more comfortable and leaves no mark (the "mark" usually fades within an hour or two anyways though). this may be exclusive to the hanging i do though as i don't have a silk cloth, which may be easier on the skin.

as for it making you impotent or sterile, i have experienced the complete opposite. my sperm levels are the same if not higher than when i started and my testicles feel fuller. the practice produces heat in that i sometimes break a light sweat while swinging; typically, i'll do about 200-250 swings, massage, and then run the microcosmic orbit for a while and close down.

i'll do about 200-250 swings, massage, and then run the microcosmic orbit for a while and close down.

What MJJbecker says about scrotal weight lifting is pretty spot on

Its not the type of practice to be playing around with, with no guidance and more importantly with no foundation. The way i understand it, monks are instructed in these methods after they have created a good foundation of balance and health. One of the pre requisites that should be attained is having a open and regulated microcosmic orbit flow, with out that it can only lead to problems, maybe not now but 5 years down the track you could have regrets :)

but if you wish to continue...good luck to you

hey qijack,

yes, i agree, this isn't something you should be playing around with, but the possible benefits of this type of practice far outweigh any possible "danger" one could get. remember, plato injured himself once he was lifting over 25lbs, i believe his post said he went up to 45lbs. that is a weight that i'm simply never going to attempt, i probably won't even attempt 10lbs.

i do, however, appreciate your words of caution and mjjbecker, as i can see how this practice seems crazy or whatnot but when you try it yourself you see it's no big deal (at least with the weight i use).

also, i believe that tu jin-sheng hangs around the scrotum as well; if you look at this slightly graphic picture you can see for yourself

here

as i said before, i appreciate your sentiments but 5lbs simply isn't anything in my eyes.

peace

Hey,

Mantis did you buy that 60$ course you linked the videos to (chiqong P**** or something)- curious how you liked it.

hello,

no, i haven't, i did post a video though which shows the qigong routine (i think it's on the 3rd page).

peace

Sign in to follow this