DID YOU SEE THAT?

No, did you see THAT?

WHAT IS GOING ON?

WHAT IS MY LIFE?

AAAAAAAAAAAA?

HOW DO EVEN WHAT

I'm ok with it though

i think it was nothing but crappy fanservice :/

is she going to live in canterlot? is the show as we know it totally over? are they all going to kiss her ass?

other finales were soooo much better.

also wtf raritys singing voice doesnt sound like her at all but the others sound kinda like themselves...

I like how it's a total punch in the face because of all the mangas I've read. In most of these stories I would expect an ending but never get it, they would create a conflict and then just remove it somehow and for an ending we get assurance that the things would stay the same for everyone.

For example in Reborn! they have this baby thing going on and this kid is training to become a mafia boss. At the end of the story the baby stays the same and the mafia kid still goes to school. In Ranma 1/2 Ranma tries to remove his curse, got very close to it at the end of the story but doesn't remove it so the things stay the same.

MLP could have been like that too, we could have had a final episode where Twilight stays in Ponyville to stay with her friends or have today's episode as a finale. This episode did seem like a finale and many should would have used it as such but this is like looking at what happens after the story ends. There is another season coming up more stuff is going to happen and now that they burned all the bridges they can make a finale to the series that I cannot expect.

This is the kind of trolling that needs to stop. This has nothing to do with this site whatsoever!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

who says its not part of the tao? I see alot of tao in it.

The OP says nothing in regards to the Tao. Just more trolling. MLP is not even defined.

Edited by ralis

watch the first two episodes and compare them to Joseph Campbell hero journey. And remember it is written for 5 year old girls.

watch the first two episodes and compare them to Joseph Campbell hero journey. And remember it is written for 5 year old girls.

I am well versed in Joseph Campbell's work. Read him 20 years ago. As far as I know 5 year old's are not allowed on this site. What is posted here is not a discussion but the OP is jabbering about who knows what!

The General Disccusion forum's heading is: Eclectic discussion across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice.

This really belongs in Off Topic. Dao is in everything. Can you draw specific parallels from your spiritual practice to the My Little Pony show? I agree with ralis, this is a new low and I have more people to add to my ignore list. :/

ok i am fine with whatever you guys do. but to me this is crazy wisdom, in explaing the tao and such.

Edited by mewtwo

That is the song this day aria. one of the best songs in my oppinion. But my little pony friendship is magic is a tv show about a pony that learns about friendship. it has a large following of adult males of 20 to 50 in age range.

ok i am fine with whatever you guys do. but to me this is crazy wisdom, in explaing the tao and such.

You are just making statements as opposed to making sense. I know what crazy wisdom is and none of the shills for this two year old cartoon have related the cartoon to a spiritual practice.

in the episode a dog and pony show you can see sun tzu in action. One of the ponies keeps her wits about her and knows the enemy and herself. She outsmarts her would be thieves and captors.

In the intro for the first episode you see a yin yang.

Edited by mewtwo

What is MLP?, I thought the OP was having some sort of mental breakdown when I read it

He was speaking in tongues. That is why no one except the initiated understands. :lol::lol:

in the episode a dog and pony show you can see sun tzu in action. One of the ponies keeps her wits about her and knows the enemy and herself. She outsmarts her would be thieves and captors.

In the intro for the first episode you see a yin yang.

Why not take your pony show to another site. I have read Sun Tzu and will not watch a kids show to understand 'The Art of War'.

fine fine i will remove the retracters from your eyes.

Cant wait till season four of the show.

Edited by mewtwo

OH NO, WE'VE BEEN MOVED TO THE OFF TOPIC AGAIN

CURSE YOU, MOD SQUAD, YOU'VE FOILED MY PLANS AGAIN BUT I WILL BE BACK

IN AUTUMN(I think) THE NEW SEASON OF PONY WILL RISE AND WE SHALL RULE AGAIN!!!

twily_by_ponyshot-d5v5xu3.png

and I expected it to be moved to off topic, I'm just goofing :D

Actually know what, that's a good idea. Lot's of people like to review episodes but they give wishy-washy explanations for the morals of the story so something solid would be perfect.

Celestia is a great teacher, she send Twilight to Ponyville at the start of the series to teach her the magic of friendship. The experiences Twilight had was like the egg in a bottle parable. Celestia could have sat Twilight down and explained everything about magic and friendship like you guys expect masters to act, but she send her to Ponyville to experience it. Kids don't listen to their parents when they explain stuff but they can live their own life and prevail over obstacles by themselves like a small chick that is strong enough to peck out of the egg. When it grows more it could peck out of the bottle. Celestia let Twilight go because she knew she could do it.

I guess MLP gives education that spiritual community could never understand. If you look anywhere, literally, spiritual people are loners. They focus on greater things when nothing else distracts them. You could be eating delicious food now and watching a show or talk with somebody about somethings, instead there is a big focus on how these things are not important. Spirituality happens when detachment happens, money is meaningless, your possessions will be gone after you die or they get stolen, attachment causes suffering.

Twilight is you, she wants to study magic and know how the world works. She doesn't care for friends and so Celestia sends her to Ponyville to make some. Enlightenment/Immortality/Golden Body is sought by ONE person. You can do it yourself, living on a mountain and being a hermit. Spiritual person sees beauty in nature and the ugly in society. Hates money, hates rules, hates authority. Sees deep meaning in nature but not in these things. Instead, it makes the spiritual person feel trapped in these things. There is freedom in nature and seeing empty fields where you can run. That's where paradise is, being one with nature but denying things that make one human and other humans. Spiritual person might not be human either, humans can do amazing things together and they stay together.

Other five ponies almost represent these things that the spiritual person hates but actually needs. Rarity makes pretty dresses and likes to look good. Looks don't last and precious things like dresses don't either. Attachments cause suffering when you loose them. Spiritual person would not make attachments out of fear of getting hurt, that would be the worst possible thing. No special attachments to special things and not so special person. So many Buddhist monks look the same just with their heads shaved and they're all happy. Getting hurt is part of life and you can expect it for a long time but it might not come, it's just all in your head.

Applejack has ties with her family. They are the closest people to you and link to other people. They are even more special then objects, even masters become special people but people are also an attachment. God forbid you meet someone nice and fall in love and get hurt. You have no control over people and that's even scarier, so many things could go wrong, you could even say the wrong thing to them and upset them. No need to be scared.

Rainbow Dash has big dreams and she wants to join the Wonderbolts, to do that she needs to be the best flyer ever. This attachment will hurt her if she never accomplishes her dream. There are expectations that Wonderbolts have of her and the ones she has of them, she might not meet them and they might not, too. There are a bunch of old people whining about things they wish they did if they could be young again, they say to the young people to do that and that's a lot of pressure. But living is fun, so whatever she does, she will do more them these guys ever did.

Fluttershy is shy, big whoop. Human interaction is scaaaaaaary, don't you wish you could read the mind of the other person talking? That would make things a lot easier and you won't ever offend anyone or say something wrong. Kinda scary when you imagine that everyone cares what you say and remember it. No one cares, and if you want someone to care, you have friends.

PINKIEPIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! She likes to party, do funny stuff. and act goofy. Everyone likes her and if you think back to the school days, she might remind you of a class clown you had in your class. That kid who wants to be part of the crowd and so he tries to get everyone's attention. You won't want to be him and Pinkiepie is not like that. Everyone likes her and comes to her. She doesn't have to work hard like the class clown, she lives as hard as she can and has everyone.

But you know what? Even if you want to be alone, hate money, and think that the man is bringing you down, you can still become friends with like minded people, it's not a club.

• Like 1