Dogen

Advantages and Disadvantages of staying in the Lower Dan Tien

Here in Santa Fe the Advaita trance has been hugely popular. From Gangaji to Moojiji and myriad others coming through here being all the rage. Never been to one of their Satsangs, but just hearing any of them speak, I can feel the trance coming on which for me, does nothing.

I don't know too much about Gangaji or "Advaita trance" but I find Moojiji to be excellent - he is a very good story teller and also one to stay on topic in conversation with someone - a nimble clear mind and wonderful being. He very clearly holds to the frequency of Awakening - his conversation is on awakening - his dialog is getting to it - he does not go off on fluff and philosophy.

Unfortunately many of his recording have a lot of clutter noise - but they do add some life to the recordings as well.

FWIW

From the Stillness Movement system I learned to keep my hands against my lower dan tien when I sat.  It just meant moving them from my lap an inch or two.  It seems to help warm the area up and develop it. 

• Like 4

The LDT is a bit like the tires on a car.

Attention and cultivation in that area allows for the air to fill in the tires - this increased air allows for enough lift to get the car fully up and able to begin moving. The axel and engine and shocks begin to work as the car begins to move - the steering mechanism comes into play as the first corners are achieved.

It begins with the tires.

Compartmentalizing the various parts of a car is fine but the foundation of a car is paramount.

One can sit in the drivers seat of a car and pretend to drive it but one is not driving the car without the tires.
One can lay on the axels and pretend to be moving but they are not traveling anywhere with out the tires.

When we are talking about being in the LDT we are not talking about some exclusionary residence - we are talking about carrying the base root awareness with you.

If you are at the helm driving - you need to be aware of the road and your tires and the speeds and frictional elements - but you can certainly take in the beauty that surrounds you as well - and you can utilize the stereo and air conditioning and other options in that area.

Compartmentalizing the different areas as apart from the whole - is a typical example of what humans do - particularly Westerners.

The upper centers do not exist without the lower - and the lower centers exist more so than the upper centers. The development of the upper centers are in fact dependent on the lower centers - not the reverse. We think the head does the choosing - not so.

In all of the complex systems / teachings regarding either dan tiens or chakras the energy movement and refinement is from root upward.

If you can come to see or feel auras and chakras you will find that many humans have little development in the upper chakras and that their aura becomes wispy from about the hips down. They are both not in their bodies very comfortably and they have not developed the refinement necessary to attain much in the upper centers.

What you will never see is someone who has healthy moderately well developed upper centers with very poorly developed and wispy lower centers.

One can find large populations in many areas where people are very much in their lower centers and their lower centers are their primary residence - but in fact they cannot switch to the higher centers in the same capacities as someone who has refined the lower centers to the point of feeding and developing the higher centers. Whole cultures are primarily lower centered cultures and all cultures could be seen from where the people are primarily centered.

In the singular sense - you as a human - the root chakras are as the root of a tree - no roots - no life.
As you grow the influence of the nutrients available - in all forms such as food, water, what you read, sunshine, what you hear, what you see, feel, every thing that impinges upon you and within you - affect you. The ability of your roots to flourish is primarily root driven and lower center driven - about ten thousand times more than we think - thinking is primarily complete void and interferes with our more natural and healthy composure - however it is the sleep mechanism we are here to Awaken from.

Awareness of the LDT and a centering in this root and a cultivation of energies here will bare fruit to all areas of the body - those in turn will fortify the root and it will fortify them. This loop of fortification comes from the root and not from the upper areas of the body.

As finer energies are created (from the root) they begin to circulate upwards and awaken latent abilities / centers - those centers then take that same refined root energy and refine it and this also begins to circulate upwards and this process happens again and again (from the root). The root is never left in the dust - it is the tires, the root - it is not putting out the some constant - it is refined along with the upper refinement so that it is constantly offering up more refined refined energies to those centers above.
And that root energy that has risen is cycled back to it - affecting it - refining its abilities to become further refined.

At some point the centers make an explosive growth - not all at once - but once having achieve a certain complete connection and refinement, various areas blossom in spectacular brightness and as this happens all the other areas are lifted and if one is balanced in their teaching / approach - one will be patient as some areas attain the proper functioning for another blossoming.

In this later stage - the root will transform and blossom as will the so called higher centers - but the root has been blossoming all along - it is the root - it's blossoming is not like the spreading of the great towering canopy of an Oak tree or like the flowering of a lotus - it is like a fire pit that can now easily melt diamonds - but it is so much more that this base view of it.

The so called lower centers are absolutely amazing with all sorts of radar like features and they are the most direct processors of the vast arrays located in the head region.

A good 99% of everything we think is root connected, root based - we are primarily the ancestory we are born with - the root centers are astounding - the upper centers in a way remain to be seen - for the most part they are petty things we have done little with.

We invest what little we have done with the upper centers in proclivities of an ancestral nature but we think "we" have chosen these "things I like" - it could not have been otherwise. For the most part our upper centers are completely a reflection of the lower centers and unable to function in any way without functioning through the attachments of our ancestry and the compressions of fear and goings on that have distorted the lense through which we see.

As real root energy is refined from the goings on of life under the wheel - or through deliberate effort - this root energy as explained before awakens and transforms others centers and this energy is returned to the root. The great blossoming that occurs when a level of alignment and completeness of the various columns and vortices occurs creates a new body of light.

This body of light is then not some disengaged "other" body not now of The Body - it is wholly transformed of it - one is Awakened in embodiment and the root is ever present as always and in transformation.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 8

-------------–

Being in the lower dan tian is not to "get us out of our heads", it is to find the roots of our tree.

It is not to heal one in need of grounding, though that may be in part what it does.

In Qi Gong the foundation of the practice is building up the steamer - the lower dan tian and from there filling and refining and expanding. It is absolutely astonishing what will follow with diligent practice. And like your lungs, which we think have little to do with our brains - take a minute without them and you will have only about 30 seconds left to reminisce on life with them.

In the unfoldment of your crown chakra and the opening of the upper dan tian to the height of some twelve feet and more - you will find the base root of each breath in the lower dan tian.

If you Awaken and begin the Awakened/Awakening life you will find that embodiment comes strikingly fast and all shred of prior personality invested in what your false personality had vested in its ideas of Awakening and the Enlighteneing processes gone - completely disintegrated - not one inkling of prior scent was correct - the mind was so far from nearness - so completely the problem.

Becoming "high" is nothing - high in the head is the norm and those who have difficulty - real difficulty even trying to remove themselves from the high are often at the mercy of beings that would like to keep the party and higher out-of-control vibrations going.

You may be a natural as a Medium and / or it may be that the practices involving the LDT are not something for you to pursue, but if and when you happen upon Awakenening - you will be utterly grounded - and so - that is why in the teachings of so many that have Awakened - the teaching of the practices of embodiment are included.

Some teachers teach the top down approach - in general it has not proved to be very effective - the sly man approach as one who co-opted many teachings called it. Also Direct transmission teaching can do wonders but they also have their drawbacks, and even in these teachings the student is expected / require to work on ones fires and imbalances and prepare for acceptance of the transmission.

Obviously it is for each one of us to find our way - but the problem is more complicated - we tend to discard what we don't like - often because it is what we resist and also often because we have joined in camaraderie with others who resist as we do.

I once really disliked a particular Qi Gong movement - it was simple but I was always completely out of breath from it and sweating and uncomfortable. I asked the master what this movement was for using a translator - on his phone in the translation was the word "sciatica".

I was currently at the time suffering from sciatica - I no longer suffer from it as I did then and that Qi Gong movement is no longer a problem at all.

We dodge many helpful "movements" if left to the mind and mind loops and a body that may resist what the mind is ready to forgo.

And if what we resists joins with like minded friends and podcasts - our mind loops grow and insulate us from all sorts of things.

Most people are dead by 50 - possessed by their proclivities and positions and mind loops.

The great paths all teach balance and ways to temper oneself - ways to approach what we resist, move beyond fear and embrace change. I lived my early adult life in mind - a fine mind - but spiritual studies led me to one conclusion - the only way to truely test what ALL the masters were pointing to - was to do due diligence to meditation and diet and a yoga of life - several years of it. If it did not bare fruit than so be it. What made the test palatable was the clarity that rang through everything that I had read and based my journey upon - it was a journey not based on what I liked and did not like - though some things attracted me and others did not - as an example - I have never cared for chanting and any trance practices - yet for many this is a great practice - for me something in it was not right - perhaps because for me it was extremely easy to find those highs and I would be easily lost in them.

After several years of living the life I decided it did not bare fruit of the high sorts I was lead to believe and so I decided to quit - it was that week that everything changed and a great many abilities unfolded.

Merely clicking the "thank you" button was not adequate to express my appreciation for this wonderful post.
  • Like 2

By "top down" I was referring to some teachings being primarily concept and head related vs practice. In other words - very intellectual in the Western sense of the word (not the Indian Yoga sense of the word).

In this general vein, teachings in general - when they go nuts on details that are very specific on things like "the seven rays" or the origin of mankind before Atlantis and things like this - do nothing for the student. They reinforce the idea that the student now knows something "esoteric" but it is complete babble to the students comprehension - this is also the case with the many bibles in circulation - they scramble ones head with amazingly strange thoughts and readers come up with bizarre conclusions based on holy ground thinking and not foundational self knowledge and established inner truth/knowing/unfoldment.

Regarding my reference to trance states and chanting as such - it is easy for nearly anyone to get results with trance - and so it is highly addictive and falls miles short of states reached not in trance. Yet for some that practice can be helpful because of low energy and or low vibration and also high resistance to "letting go". Also, some people are so floaty that under good guidance this approach has some merit - teachings that are very heavy into this form often need a close culture to support each other as these teachings are a bit like being half drunk on a regular basis.

In general trance is a big detour, addictive and a part of the rabbits way.

I do not have an aversion to it - it is a tool and a very useful tool - and it is also a drug - a very potent addictive drug. Unlike most very potent addictive drugs - few understand this - partly because they are already so under its influence. Trance is sprinkled throughout our daily life - most are largely asleep in it - our positions and mind loops are trance for the most part.

Awakening is basically awakening from trance.

I am learning a lot from your posts, thank you very much. This quote is enlightening to me, it explains many bad circumstances I have had in the past, in the sense that I would be looking for wrong reasons by why I was having a bad time, but I understand now that the reasons are irrelevant, what was wrong was a constant trance state, the reasons I was looking for were just nonsense inside the trance. By reading the post the insight clicked.

Oh so glad I understand that. I almost got run over by cars in the streets and situations like that when I would fell in trance, especially trance driven by annoying entities. 

Thanks to you I could understant the trance itself was the problem, I will keep a very careful watch from now on. 

I am learning a lot in this forum. Very happy. Thanks.

• Like 1

The LDT is a bit like the tires on a car.

Attention and cultivation in that area allows for the air to fill in the tires - this increased air allows for enough lift to get the car fully up and able to begin moving. The axel and engine and shocks begin to work as the car begins to move - the steering mechanism comes into play as the first corners are achieved.

It begins with the tires.

Compartmentalizing the various parts of a car is fine but the foundation of a car is paramount.

One can sit in the drivers seat of a car and pretend to drive it but one is not driving the car without the tires.

One can lay on the axels and pretend to be moving but they are not traveling anywhere with out the tires.

When we are talking about being in the LDT we are not talking about some exclusionary residence - we are talking about carrying the base root awareness with you.

If you are at the helm driving - you need to be aware of the road and your tires and the speeds and frictional elements - but you can certainly take in the beauty that surrounds you as well - and you can utilize the stereo and air conditioning and other options in that area.

Compartmentalizing the different areas as apart from the whole - is a typical example of what humans do - particularly Westerners.

The upper centers do not exist without the lower - and the lower centers exist more so than the upper centers. The development of the upper centers are in fact dependent on the lower centers - not the reverse. We think the head does the choosing - not so.

In all of the complex systems / teachings regarding either dan tiens or chakras the energy movement and refinement is from root upward.

If you can come to see or feel auras and chakras you will find that many humans have little development in the upper chakras and that their aura becomes wispy from about the hips down. They are both not in their bodies very comfortably and they have not developed the refinement necessary to attain much in the upper centers.

What you will never see is someone who has healthy moderately well developed upper centers with very poorly developed and wispy lower centers.

One can find large populations in many areas where people are very much in their lower centers and their lower centers are their primary residence - but in fact they cannot switch to the higher centers in the same capacities as someone who has refined the lower centers to the point of feeding and developing the higher centers. Whole cultures are primarily lower centered cultures and all cultures could be seen from where the people are primarily centered.

In the singular sense - you as a human - the root chakras are as the root of a tree - no roots - no life.

As you grow the influence of the nutrients available - in all forms such as food, water, what you read, sunshine, what you hear, what you see, feel, every thing that impinges upon you and within you - affect you. The ability of your roots to flourish is primarily root driven and lower center driven - about ten thousand times more than we think - thinking is primarily complete void and interferes with our more natural and healthy composure - however it is the sleep mechanism we are here to Awaken from.

Awareness of the LDT and a centering in this root and a cultivation of energies here will bare fruit to all areas of the body - those in turn will fortify the root and it will fortify them. This loop of fortification comes from the root and not from the upper areas of the body.

As finer energies are created (from the root) they begin to circulate upwards and awaken latent abilities / centers - those centers then take that same refined root energy and refine it and this also begins to circulate upwards and this process happens again and again (from the root). The root is never left in the dust - it is the tires, the root - it is not putting out the some constant - it is refined along with the upper refinement so that it is constantly offering up more refined refined energies to those centers above.

And that root energy that has risen is cycled back to it - affecting it - refining its abilities to become further refined.

At some point the centers make an explosive growth - not all at once - but once having achieve a certain complete connection and refinement, various areas blossom in spectacular brightness and as this happens all the other areas are lifted and if one is balanced in their teaching / approach - one will be patient as some areas attain the proper functioning for another blossoming.

In this later stage - the root will transform and blossom as will the so called higher centers - but the root has been blossoming all along - it is the root - it's blossoming is not like the spreading of the great towering canopy of an Oak tree or like the flowering of a lotus - it is like a fire pit that can now easily melt diamonds - but it is so much more that this base view of it.

The so called lower centers are absolutely amazing with all sorts of radar like features and they are the most direct processors of the vast arrays located in the head region.

A good 99% of everything we think is root connected, root based - we are primarily the ancestory we are born with - the root centers are astounding - the upper centers in a way remain to be seen - for the most part they are petty things we have done little with.

We invest what little we have done with the upper centers in proclivities of an ancestral nature but we think "we" have chosen these "things I like" - it could not have been otherwise. For the most part our upper centers are completely a reflection of the lower centers and unable to function in any way without functioning through the attachments of our ancestry and the compressions of fear and goings on that have distorted the lense through which we see.

As real root energy is refined from the goings on of life under the wheel - or through deliberate effort - this root energy as explained before awakens and transforms others centers and this energy is returned to the root. The great blossoming that occurs when a level of alignment and completeness of the various columns and vortices occurs creates a new body of light.

This body of light is then not some disengaged "other" body not now of The Body - it is wholly transformed of it - one is Awakened in embodiment and the root is ever present as always and in transformation.

That was so amazingly beautiful!

• Like 1