Seth Ananda

`Does Racism/Sexism/Homophobia constitute a Personal Attack`

There's a Zen Buddhist guy I follow named Brad Warner. He's heterosexual - but after doing intense Zazen for many years he started having a few Homosexual feelings that would come out. His conclusion after that - is that straight people are mostly heterosexual and gay people are mostly homosexual.

• Like 2

Yawn. Again, your insistance not only misses the point, but to me seems a demonstration of self importance. This thread is about interpersonal ethics, and you aren't displaying much of that in my view.

The topic, again, is about homophobic content between members of TTB, with no relation to the Massai, the Bushmen, or the Bantu. Just between us, here, now, on TTB.

Most other contibuting members of this thread have bowed out, possibly due to being bored about your hijack about Bushmen. I might go join them.

Yawn. Again, your insistance not only misses the point, but to me seems a demonstration of self importance. This thread is about interpersonal ethics, and you aren't displaying much of that in my view.

The topic, again, is about homophobic content between members of TTB, with no relation to the Massai, the Bushmen, or the Bantu. Just between us, here, now, on TTB.

Most other contibuting members of this thread have bowed out, possibly due to being bored about your hijack about Bushmen. I might go join them.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Wives-Female-Husbands-Studies-Homosexualities/dp/0312238290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361490605&sr=8-1&keywords=Boy-Wives+and+Female-Husbands%3A+Studies+in+African-American+Homosexualities#reader_0312238290

Born homoeroticism among the Bushmen I cannot recall.

Boy-Wives and Female-Husbands:

Studies in African-American Homosexualities

I guess my point is that if the original human culture has no genetic homosexuality and it is the basis for all other humans and also the main focus of the culture is shamanic paranormal love healing energy - which later became qigong, kundalini, etc. then it seems to me that people practicing this shamanic healing yet not wanting to have to do with homosexuals might not be homophobia.

Granted in the context of larger modern society it certainly is homophobia but then male celibacy in the modern world is considered even less of an option than homosexuality.

I think it would be safer to say the Bushmen are genetically predisposed to male celibacy training than to homosexuality.

Yet is any scientist claiming that paranormal healing energy is genetically predisposed? Maybe a few parapsychologists have investigated this but it's definintely not a subject commented upon by scientists in general - as is the case of homosexuality.

The author of that book on homosexuality in Africa went around looking for homoerotic behavior - in the modern context - definitely not "pre-contact" Bushmen culture. haha. Yet the author, despite being deeply entrenched in homosexuality mentalities - I literally had to look up three words over two sentences and all three words had next to no common definitions in English -- the author admits that no Bushmen could be found to be "born" as homoerotic. So it seems to fall into the modernized experimentation phase.

I'm not referring to female orgasm here because the male ejaculation triggers the stress sympathetic nervous system which is why it's the opposite of the Bushmen male shamanic paranormal culture. Female orgasm stays in the parasympathetic relaxation nervous system and in fact the males have to learn to activate this vagus nerve kundalini female energy internally that is orgasmic -- Dr. Bradford Keeney calls it an impersonal eroticism but not based on sex.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Wives-Female-Husbands-Studies-Homosexualities/dp/0312238290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361490605&sr=8-1&keywords=Boy-Wives+and+Female-Husbands%3A+Studies+in+African-American+Homosexualities#reader_0312238290

Boy-Wives and Female-Husbands:

Studies in African-American Homosexualities

I guess my point is that if the original human culture has no genetic homosexuality and it is the basis for all other humans and also the main focus of the culture is shamanic paranormal love healing energy - which later became qigong, kundalini, etc. then it seems to me that people practicing this shamanic healing yet not wanting to have to do with homosexuals might not be homophobia.

If someone is simply not interested in homosexuality then clearly that is not homophobia ... which means hating or labeling as wrong or somehow inferior people who are gay.

Granted in the context of larger modern society it certainly is homophobia but then male celibacy in the modern world is considered even less of an option than homosexuality.

Yes and homophobia should be combatted because it is hateful, aggressive and harmful to the people who are being picked on ... just like racism.

I think it would be safer to say the Bushmen are genetically predisposed to male celibacy training than to homosexuality.

There could be all sorts of reasons for this supposing it is true.

Yet is any scientist claiming that paranormal healing energy is genetically predisposed? Maybe a few parapsychologists have investigated this but it's definintely not a subject commented upon by scientists in general - as is the case of homosexuality.

No because they generally don't think that paranormal healing energy exists.

The author of that book on homosexuality in Africa went around looking for homoerotic behavior - in the modern context - definitely not "pre-contact" Bushmen culture. haha. Yet the author, despite being deeply entrenched in homosexuality mentalities - I literally had to look up three words over two sentences and all three words had next to no common definitions in English -- the author admits that no Bushmen could be found to be "born" as homoerotic. So it seems to fall into the modernized experimentation phase.

True for bushmen today (or recently) does not necessarily mean true for our ancestors.

I'm not referring to female orgasm here because the male ejaculation triggers the stress sympathetic nervous system which is why it's the opposite of the Bushmen male shamanic paranormal culture. Female orgasm stays in the parasympathetic relaxation nervous system and in fact the males have to learn to activate this vagus nerve kundalini female energy internally that is orgasmic -- Dr. Bradford Keeney calls it an impersonal eroticism but not based on sex.

So you are cool with lesbians then?

Homophobia is not really a phobia or fear. It is about being judgemental and hateful- same as racism and sexism.

• Like 5

The Origins and Role of Same-Sex Relations in Human Societies

By James Neill

I'm shocked -- this book did not turn up any results by searching Bushmen, Khoisan, San, !Kung, Dobe, Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, Kalahari,

So that's a 2009 book supposedly academic.

Seriously -- that's an amazing omission from a book on the "origins" -- ignoring the original human culture from 100,000 BCE -- the most genetically diverse humans -- the source for all other human cultures.

O.K. the way I found that book was because I'm watching an excellent documentary on the Baka people -- the Mbuti -- the Efie - aka the Pygmies of Africa.

The Baka people are genetically the closest to the Bushmen -- so the 2nd oldest human culture on Earth.

So I figured -- do they have homosexuality?

The first reference I found was from a 1990 book http://books.google.com/books?id=RKhFRgR-1awC&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=homosexuality+mbuti&source=bl&ots=SXM_G6QI3w&sig=RMPmpS0tRHlR1dXnc--T5PUp9m0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=U_YnUcbuNMeg2AWgnoDYCQ&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=homosexuality%20mbuti&f=false

O.K. the construction of Homosexuality book - academic.

So no anal penetration and any other ejaculation around males is "regarded with derision" despite "unrelated members of the same sex often sleep with legs wrapped around one another for warmth."

So if there is an ejaculation it's considered an accident.

Now the source was Colin Turnbull who was homosexual and he suspected that there might be anal penetration going on among the Mbuti or Baka peoples but he could find no evidence of it.

So then go back to the first source I noted --

Despite this attitude homosexual behavior is still known to occur on occasion among the Mbuti.

So that author "sums up" the earlier research - inaccurately.

accidental ejaculation that is treated with derision is not homosexual behavior -- there was not an intention of homosexual behavior - as it was called and treated as an accident and then dismissed with derision.

So is it that surprising a book on the "origin" of homosexuality that ignores the original human culture would then misrepresent the second human culture? Nope.

Still I'm kind of shocked this blatantly bad academic analysis has been allowed by publishers.]

Yeah I searched Africa in that 2009 book and I got an overall "Sub-Saharan Africa" claim for homosexuality but again no mention that the original human culture has no evidence for "pre-contact" homosexuality.

OH yeah on the lesbian question -- among primatologists it's called "G to G rubbing" - as it's the norm of behavior for the bonobos are closest primate relatives. So again the bonobo males rarely ejaculate, the females use sex to ease all tension for the community -- there is no warfare, no rape. This is like the Bushmen original humans. Modern humans are like the chimpanzees which have rape and warfare -- they don't have homosexuality in the wild but do so in captivity.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1