CrunchyChocolate555

Habitually contracted sphincter muscle.

Hey everyone,

This is probably the most embarrassing thread I've ever posted, but I was curious about an energetic anomaly I've detected in my body through my energy practices...

It seems like there is an "empty" spot of energy that is spazzed up and acting very strangely.

It's the area directly between my perineum and coccyx (NOT the pernium itself).

So yeah, it's pretty much the anus, I guess. I don't know if it's from doing mulha bandas incorrectly for so long or what, but it's pretty much ALWAYS contracted, or spazzing out (contracting, decontracting, etc.)

It also kind of feels like it's moving a lot as it does so. Feels like a mini-elevator moving 1-2 inches up and down directly anterior to the coccyx.

I'm doing my best to simply become aware of it and try to relax as much as I can, and doing some very simple root chakra stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

The only time I can get it to really stop jerking around is while doing the MCO lying down, then I can really connect the energy from the perineum to the tip of the tailbone and get things flowing again.

Thanks

I don't come from a TCM perspective at all, rather a deep personality perspective dynamic. I can't speak to the validity of whether your practice created this anamoly or not.

But what I would ask you, is why are you maifesting this? Is there an unusual circumstance going on in your life right now, aside from the physical?

It certainly doesn't feel bad, but it doesn't feel "right", if that makes sense.

I had a K awakening some time ago which has caused lots of little things in my body I've never noticed before to flare up, and this seems to be one of those things.

And yeah, lot's of unusual circumstances going on in my life for sure!

But I think, it's just an unusually tense or spazzed out area, that gets worse with stress.

The thing is, when I manage to relax it, my coccyx flares up with intense heat/energy, which would indicate it's finally able to flow through up my spine.

What seems to be happening right now is the energy from the front channel is getting stuck in my prostate/perineum region on it's way down, and doesn't flow through until that particular area can "chill out", which is the problem...

Hope that makes some sense.

Does it feel good for you? If so, you should try to encourage it instead of suppress it. Play with it.

What seems to be happening right now is the energy from the front channel is getting stuck in my prostate/perineum region on it's way down, and doesn't flow through until that particular area can "chill out", which is the problem...

Hope that makes some sense.

Well, if you read some Taoist book, you may notice that some use a "plug" to seal the air in. Maybe it's intended for this problem specific? You may give that practice a try.

I've heard of people sitting on their heel to put pressure against their sphincter, which may inhibit the muscle from contracting.

excessive root lock really screwed me up, if it feels off to you stop immediately!

emphasize exhalation instead of inhalation. divert attention to something calming

This is a very common area of tension for many people, and I'd say it's a good sign you are so aware of it. I recommend anal self-massage. (If you think this sounds weird or gross, that just means you really need it. Ahum.) For tecniquies and guidance just google Chester Mainard and check out his videos. He got his start as an anal expert teaching medical students how to do prostrate exams by offering himself up as a guinea pig. Another anal resource: the book Anal Pleasure and Health by Jack Morin.

• Like 1

i've found that stress and fear manifest as a contracted sphincter for me

when i notice a habitual clench it usually means i am concentrated on something of those natures, or that something below the surface is demanding my attention.

i wouldnt worry too much about it, just keep relaxing. and i wouldnt feel too weird about talking about that sort of thing, its more normal than you might think. i've certainly read about it before (can't remember where or i would point you in the direction) in studying the microcosmic orbit and how the whole pelvic floor and anal region holds stress.

i mean we talk about anal retentive people, its that common.

anyway best of luck

i mean we talk about anal retentive people, its that common.

This is sort of what I was getting at earlier. To try and find something going on in your life that mirrors the medical phenomena. Could there be something in your life, Crunchy, that you are having indecision about, whther to "keep it or let it go?" It's almost like the anus is symbolic for indecision in this case. Our bodies talk to us more than we imagine. If this turns out to be the case and there is a psychological cause (why not possible? After all, we are the Manifester) then there is ceremonial work that can be done to set things "to the opposite", to get under the indecision, to work with a particular character defect that is causing the waffling behavior.

Even if the muhla bandas were the cause, this wouldn't eradicate your body expressing indecision in this way. Something to think about, if the physical meditations/practices don't help.

Edited by manitou

You are probably right, there certainly could be!

Thing is, I don't know *exactly* what it could be, though.

Any way to find out?

This is sort of what I was getting at earlier. To try and find something going on in your life that mirrors the medical phenomena. Could there be something in your life, Crunchy, that you are having indecision about, whther to "keep it or let it go?" It's almost like the anus is symbolic for indecision in this case. Our bodies talk to us more than we imagine. If this turns out to be the case and there is a psychological cause (why not possible? After all, we are the Manifester) then there is ceremonial work that can be done to set things "to the opposite", to get under the indecision, to work with a particular character defect that is causing the waffling behavior.

Even if the muhla bandas were the cause, this wouldn't eradicate your body expressing indecision in this way. Something to think about, if the physical meditations/practices don't help.

You are probably right, there certainly could be!

Thing is, I don't know *exactly* what it could be, though.

Any way to find out?

The way to find out is to unemotionally examine the dynamics in your life right now. Things like people you're involved with, perhaps even a philosophy you are growing out of, or trying to determine whether to stay at a job or go elsewhere. It could be any number of things - but one you determine what the underlying fear is that's keeping you in a state of flux, your work can start there. If it does turn out to be a deep psychological thing I'd be happy to help, you can PM me - we could handle it from a shamanic perspective.

But the fact that you're kundalini active certainly holds sway in this, I would think. I am K-active as well and the strangest sensations happen from time to time. So it may not be a deep underlying thing at all, just temporary weirdness. But if the physical methods don't work and this starts to drive you nuts, I'd be happy to help you try another way.

Couldn't be anything as simple as cutting down on the Nestle's Crunches, could it? :blink:

What should I be looking for, here?

Unwinding the Belly is a self massage system based on Chi Nei Tsang. It is a wonderful way to heal and literally get in touch with your body. I found it was very effective in releasing all sorts of tension in my lower abdomen.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

This is probably the most embarrassing thread I've ever posted, but I was curious about an energetic anomaly I've detected in my body through my energy practices...

It seems like there is an "empty" spot of energy that is spazzed up and acting very strangely.

It's the area directly between my perineum and coccyx (NOT the pernium itself).

So yeah, it's pretty much the anus, I guess. I don't know if it's from doing mulha bandas incorrectly for so long or what, but it's pretty much ALWAYS contracted, or spazzing out (contracting, decontracting, etc.)

It also kind of feels like it's moving a lot as it does so. Feels like a mini-elevator moving 1-2 inches up and down directly anterior to the coccyx.

I'm doing my best to simply become aware of it and try to relax as much as I can, and doing some very simple root chakra stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

The only time I can get it to really stop jerking around is while doing the MCO lying down, then I can really connect the energy from the perineum to the tip of the tailbone and get things flowing again.

Thanks

24/7 mulabandha? Maybe you were a yogi in a previous life.

Edited by alwayson