WillingToListen

Kundalini/chi Insomnia

Did acupuncture work to solve your sleeping/insomnia problem?

I REALLY WANT MY SLEEP BACK :((((((((((((((

Yes it did! Took a couple of sessions.

• Like 1

Yoga Nidra:

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Nidra-Meditation-Chakra-Visualization/dp/0738714461/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1359128374&sr=8-28&keywords=yoga+nidra

The sound is not great, but not as bad as other reviewers say. The content, more than enough, makes up for it.

There is a Nidra mantra which induces sleep:

Shuddhe, Shuddhe

Maha Yogini

Maha Nidraye

Swaha

Try it ten times mentally and see the subtle influence on the mind.

If you like it, take it to bed..

:)

I dont know if I have just got a transmission of some kind person or something :) thanks whoever you are, but I have so much energy sleeping is almost impossible until like 6 am, ah well I dont mind atm...

If you aren't feeling sleep deprived, what's so bad about being conscious an extra 8 hours each day? That's like two more decades of experience in the same lifetime.

I would use that extra time to cultivate, exercise, learn and relax. If your body doesn't need sleep, why try to make it sleep?

Thetaoiseasy I find if I have had problems sleeping in the past, I would actually ejaculate to drain myself and go to sleep, I dont do this anymore...but yeh I dunno, also how come fasting makes it impossible to sleep?

Edited by sinansencer

If you aren't feeling sleep deprived, what's so bad about being conscious an extra 8 hours each day? That's like two more decades of experience in the same lifetime. I would use that extra time to cultivate, exercise, learn and relax. If your body doesn't need sleep, why try to make it sleep?

I want to use this time to learn guitar (I used to play but only dwelled on technicality). But some advise against putting any kind of strain on yourself mentally during this process (writing stories etc.).

Right now I really need something to invest my time in. I'm rather alone in terms of friends because I pushed a number of them away when this "experience" first started taking place. And I'm unemployed and have been unemployed the last few months. I just sit at home trying to keep myself occupied and from being "crazy". I really need something to invest my time in. Any suggestions?

Although you're gonna invest your time into playing guitar, take a good chunk of those hours sitting in meditation. That'll make you more full and awake then you usually do. Some people since they lost their desire to sleep during the night because of their excellent meditation practice, would spend 8 hours a night in meditation then maybe get an hour or two to sleep then they move on with their life.

I don't know. I've been advised to avoid meditation altogether during this process, especially since I never really started to (or even learned how to properly). People are telling me so many conflicting things about this process :/ :(

These last couple weeks I've been getting little sleep. I'm averaging around 3-4 hours of sleep a day. I feel fine but, I'm growing concerned that this may start having a detrimental effect on my being- on my life. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with this?

Probably too much adrenaline running through your system. Secret Smile, Microcosmic Orbit, tongue up to the roof of your mouth during practice. Also do some heavy body weight exercise to help burn it off for 20 minutes otherwise you can fry your endocrine system.

• Like 1

I don't have a 'practice' other than prayers, the frequency of those varying greatly. I guess I need to start a practice then. Heavy body weight exercise? Like push-ups and stuff?

Haha whoever told you not to meditate is a fool! Meditation brings you rest just like you went to sleep. So what they gonna tell you to do, not sleep those few hours that you do? So foolish! Look all you need is to do is do anapana and then sit in emptiness. The emptiness is the only thing to speed up the process.

I concur. I am a fool.

The premature kundalini awakening can make your thoughts racing like crazy, like a thousand thread at same time. It could also give you tremedous power of concentration.

To make it short. I had kundalini. I meditated. I was hopitalized.

The young gentleman had bi-parlor. He didn't know how to meditate. He's depressed and suicidal. I don't think it's a good time to start meditate without proper guidance.