Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Spending money on books

Suggestions?

Suggestions of books I like Im guessing your asking.

Well lately Im in a mood of being frustrated with trying and see chuang tzus book as offering the most wisdom there is.

http://terebess.hu/english/chuangtzu.html

Often people think the more they read the better, but im willing to bet just this one book is good enough..

peace

should

i personally don't believe in this word at all, but if we are talking shoulds and should nots i think the people who write this kind of stuff should make it in an understandable language. Great you can read it, but if you had noone to tell you what it really meant you would have never figured it out.

• Like 1

I wonder.

If we couldn't read at all any text would be meaningless but we were taught to read and in learning we absorbed the reading patterns , grammar and structure of 'our' language along with all the cultural baggage that entails.

Then we read texts translated from ideograms developed by a culture totally alien to those of us raised in the west.

Plenty of people out there want to tell us what it 'really' means ( i.e. what they think it means) but don't you think that most western readers of TTC or CZ sorta make their own meanings based on their own life journey so far along with a selective reading of the various interpretations out there?

Edited by GrandmasterP

Suggestions?

www.theoccult.bz/ will give you a few lifetimes of material to read :ph34r: you just have to find a way to get invited

Sometimes I wish I read and understood ideograms. I wonder too how different people perceive them. I wonder if it's possible for many people to have different levels of understanding of them. My (vague) understanding of Chinese is that terms are much looser and context-dependent really. Not like English where the words impose upon the context (methinks).

So there you have my romantic misunderstood fantasy of ideograms.

----opinion---

Sign in to follow this