ChiDragon

A good start for Chi Kung practitioners to know.

"If we use our belly to breathe, the diaphragm sinks down, creating more room to hold the air in, thus we can absorb more energy."

"Absorb more energy" really implicates absorb more oxygen so the body cells can produce more biochemical energy, adenosine triphosphate(ATP).

Edited by ChiDragon

"When our breathing is deep, we can take in more air. When our breathing is slow, we have more time to fully digest the energy within the air."

Digest the energy within the air implicates that allowing more time for the red blood cells to pick up the oxygen. Then, the oxygenated blood was delivered to the body cells to generate the ATP.

Wow, now I can understand it from a scientific viewpoint. Thanks!

I also tried learning the meditations from this site, but unfortunately it has not been updated for 13 years. Which is why I asked about the "fire in the belly" and "body breathing" because I couldn't find any info about it online. ]x

The link to Ultimate Method of Breathing helped refresh my memory on what I have learned from experienced teachers over the years. Thanks for providing such a useful reference.

Scott- Best wishes for wonderful experiences on your journey.

"When our breathing is deep, we can take in more air. When our breathing is slow, we have more time to fully digest the energy within the air."

Digest the energy within the air implicates that allowing more time for the red blood cells to pick up the oxygen. Then, the oxygenated blood was delivered to the body cells to generate the ATP.

If one can understand about cell respiration, then one will appreciate the practice of Chi Kung and know how does the body increase the energy level.

The relationship between oxygen and ATP

PS....

The reason Taoists are zazen near to a tree is because the tree recycles the carbon dioxide, from the exhalation of human, into oxygen. Then, the human breathes the oxygen and comes out with the carbon dioxide; and the cycle repeats itself continuously. This is what the Taoists called "integrating oneself with Nature."

Edited by ChiDragon