daojones

why are you into this stuff?

missed my point entirely, or simply ignored it :P

Those 5 are, generally speaking, the same stories.

Frodo almost died; if not for the Mithril Mesh, and Gandalf and the Balrogg or whatever they called it. Superman gave up his powers, which is the equivalent of dying in his case. Obi Wan contacted Luke from beyond... Anakin is basically dead and lives on as Vader... But the matrix is a blatant shill. Neo is portrayed as Jesus. I cannot NOT see it. Trinity? that isnt obvious.

Matrix is the least veiled bible parody, but all 4 are parodies never the less. all 4 simply take crucial plot points right out of the bible and subtly modify them. i'd have to watch them all again, which i have no interest in doing, to note and mention every single example, but there are many.

I wonder if the same undercurrents aren't found in other tomes as well? Do you think it's specific to only the bible?

The bible is only the most popular mind control meme. Im sure it is no different than the matrix; as a copy of a copy of a copy of a meme to control the thoughts and actions and beliefs of masses of people.

However, I am fairly sure that the bible is much closer to the "original" mind control meme than anything else mainstream...

I am sure there are plenty of other sources that predate the bible, which also exemplify the same tones and themes- though i doubt much has survived the test of time- or more specifically the crusades ;)

The whole idea of the hero or god who dies or almost dies and this creates an alchemical event is an old common theme. Baal, Ishtar and Odin all come to mind as older than the New Testament. I'm not sure that there are really any truly original stories being told.

• Like 1

If it is worn out and has lost it's essence, then I will not miss it. Just as long as it does not die or almost die away in tragic fashion only to be reborn as a new and more powerful social control meme.

• Like 1

for the sake of continuing this conversation, could someone tell me what a meme is? I could look it up, but where's the fun in that?

it is a means of conveying thoughts and ideas which transcends simple words, sentences, pictures, and definitions.

"internet memes" are most popular, but an indicator of the evolution of communication and the truth behind the (radio) tower of Babel.

Internet memes are such things as demotivational posters, kittens doing cute stuff, and exemplifying stupidity as [being] self evident.

Just about everything about my little pony is rehashed and recycled memes from every popular culture, game, song, show, and movie. and i dont even watch it, i just gathered that from the freaking MLP thread from the pit! :lol:

I am becoming aware of "meme centers" in the brain which is responsible for such things as psychic communication without time or distance as obstacles, manifestations via intent or "over thinking" (such as Ganying), and Dejavous. (sp? wtf, i thought i knew how to spell it LOL damn French!)

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's when ideas or beliefs spread among people like a virus or a religion and get embedded into the cultural dna.

I think it's just vu and some accent marks somewhere in deja. There is a lesser known phenomenon called jamais vu; that is when something very familiar seems strange unknown, like waking up in your own bedroom and feeling like it's a foreign place.

• Like 1

The trick here is that you, being born and to become completely ignorant of the pasts and the cyclical nature of existence, would mistake your present as a permanent reality.

I have been dabbling in the occult for awhile. I actually joined AMORC and have been trying to understand if western mystical traditions make sense at all.

I cannot vouch for the validity of western mystical practice, I myself am still confused with various philosophical paradigms "IE. Buddhism, Vedanta, Rosicrucianism. But AMORC for example, insists on mastering artistic and scientific disciplines as a means of enlightenment opposed to say eastern mysticism which insists on mastering meditation.

I have been dabbling in the occult for awhile. I actually joined AMORC and have been trying to understand if western mystical traditions make sense at all.

I cannot vouch for the validity of western mystical practice, I myself am still confused with various philosophical paradigms "IE. Buddhism, Vedanta, Rosicrucianism. But AMORC for example, insists on mastering artistic and scientific disciplines as a means of enlightenment opposed to say eastern mysticism which insists on mastering meditation.

Ha....you see, meditation is something you can do by yourself. It is a cultivation process with a tangible result. However, what you can do yourself scientifically other than playing and understanding concepts. Just another doctrine memorization. You aren't doing any scientific experiments. You aren't creating anything new out of nothing.

In western traditions, mastering artistic and scientific disciplines is part of the development of the Soul. In kabbalah its working and balancing hod and netzach so that you become a stable individual/personality that is a suitable vehicle for the higher forces/states to enter.

As you get given mediations {later on} that start the decent of Divine energy, having filled out your personality in these ways will be crucial, as the descent amplifies character traits, including imbalances.

{outside of just balancing, there are also much more in depth secrets on these topics that will get revealed later on}

• Like 3

that guy doin the big brain theory and i had fun bsing each other. though he swore to hell he wasnt! haw.

Still doesnt get it... tsk tsk tsk...

Although i think he had more fun than I did XD

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

. There is a lesser known phenomenon called jamais vu; that is when something very familiar seems strange unknown, like waking up in your own bedroom and feeling like it's a foreign place.

Jeez, this happens to me all the time. You mean it's possible it's not upcoming dementia?

In western traditions, mastering artistic and scientific disciplines is part of the development of the Soul. In kabbalah its working and balancing hod and netzach so that you become a stable individual/personality that is a suitable vehicle for the higher forces/states to enter.

As you get given mediations {later on} that start the decent of Divine energy, having filled out your personality in these ways will be crucial, as the descent amplifies character traits, including imbalances.

{outside of just balancing, there are also much more in depth secrets on these topics that will get revealed later on}

The way I see it is a triangulation of sorts. We must find a 'tradition' or way of development of the soul. Some of us don't find it through the arts, sciences, or religion. There are those of us that are prodigal sons and found it by the path back to soul health.

As to the meditations, this is the very thing that causes the triangulation. The deeper we are capable of delving into ourselves (not even with thought or questions we ask ourselves; merely the physical act of meditation and becoming capable of voiding the monkey mind at a more adept level) will create the realizations, the internal 'Aha's!' that need to be completed for understanding.

All paths, eastern, western, or just the path of a rough life will get you to the same intersection, if they are followed out to their terminus. The terminus is the freedom to love each and every person on the face of the earth because we understand that that person is just the other side of Us.

• Like 1

BTW, thanks for the meme definition. Kind of like the idea of a teddy bear and comfort?

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I am curious as to what people who frequent this section of ttb are studying and practicing and why. It just seems like such an amorphous subject area to me and i am trying to get a handle on it. Is it practical, does it provide a philosophical, ethical, or metaphysical/cosmological paradigm?

I was interested from as long as I can remember. Monty Python and the Holy Grail became my favorite movie and I didn't understand why. The idea of quest/grail is strong in the western tradition. Ordered a book on western alchemy from a catalogue when I was still a kid. That basically started me on the path. I still keep getting the same kind of inspiration from the Emerald Tablet as I get from DDJ. Don't really practice in the western trad but I have my eyes open. ;)

• Like 1

Ha....you see, meditation is something you can do by yourself. It is a cultivation process with a tangible result. However, what you can do yourself scientifically other than playing and understanding concepts. Just another doctrine memorization. You aren't doing any scientific experiments. You aren't creating anything new out of nothing.

I sort of agree here. Meditation is much more intuitive and it seems like the breathe is sort of the natural root of existence. In reality however western mystery tradition students such as Benjamin Franklin, da Vinci, Isaac Newton and many more have pushed the world to new heights. It is essentially the western mystery traditions that invented math, science and music, which are the foundations of western civilization.

Are these forms of meditation similar to say, Buddhist Vipassana, or are they a branch of there own making?

I sort of agree here. Meditation is much more intuitive and it seems like the breathe is sort of the natural root of existence. In reality however western mystery tradition students such as Benjamin Franklin, da Vinci, Isaac Newton and many more have pushed the world to new heights. It is essentially the western mystery traditions that invented math, science and music, which are the foundations of western civilization.

Are these forms of meditation similar to say, Buddhist Vipassana, or are they a branch of there own making?

No they are very different in essence and effect. They will take you into communion with the Mind of existence. And the decent of power will amplify much in your psyche...

Edited by Seth Ananda

No they are very different in essence and effect. They will take you into communion with the Mind of existence. And the decent of power will amplify much in your psyche...

Interesting. Would you say that it is harder to smooth out your vices and quirks after the descent of power than before?

Mandrake

Interesting. Would you say that it is harder to smooth out your vices and quirks after the descent of power than before?

Mandrake

What a fascinating question!

At least in my experience, it took the actual smoothing out of vices and quirks before I was able to grasp anything with an unwarped mind. But the path of alcoholism (and recovery) would necessitate this function, as was my case. The clearing-house had to take place first, but it was during this time of increasing my mental freedom that I started seriously to study all different traditions. Maybe someone else would answer the question exactly to the opposite.

There is power, true power. And it's hard to put into words. Power over our own thoughts, power over our reactions to others. Power to change the manifestations of our lives. Power to see the world as we wish to see it, not merely in the 'taught' reaction we've learned from others.

Someone thinks you're a jerk? Love 'em anyway. This is the power that can't quite be put into words, but it necessitates the overruling of one's own ego. And to learn to do that takes a long time of conscious effort.

I don't think the descent of power is something that happens overnight, at least not in my case. It was more 'earned' (from alcohol recovery), and then at some point I was granted the gift of kundalini activity within me. Although this kundalini awakening happened as an automobile "accident', there was no accident to it at all. It was all in the scheme of things, as I look back over the years.

To me, it seems to be a process that all works in concert.

• Like 3