Flolfolil

Anyone here interested in ASMR?

It is basically that feeling you get when you feel safe. Or if you watch someone concentrating on something they like doing one pointedly. Whispering can trigger it, as well as certain gentle sounds.

i get it when i am in a library, a place of respect where everyone has an unspoken agreement to be quiet. i also get it when i see mothers with their children, showing them new things.

i'm fairly addicted to this feeling, and can almost conjure it up at will with no stimulus. But it is always more powerful when someone is causing it, it is like some people radiate calming energy which projects this feeling onto other people.

Lots of videos on youtube that are made to trigger it, some better than others

• Like 2

Mmmmmmmm

Scotch Pine could be tricky.

Very fragile in the canopy is your Scotch Pine.

Good to cultivate under though, very friendly tree.

• Like 2

...it is like some people radiate calming energy which projects this feeling onto other people.

I am interested in how people do this?

Have you found people also radiate the opposite to calming energy?

Sort of like the warm fluffies but not as fluffy? Or when you pass your hand over oak? When you get home after a long trip?

A bit of yoga often does it for me. Sometimes it just pops out of nowhere.

I am interested in how people do this?

Have you found people also radiate the opposite to calming energy?

Yes but most of the time when i am at unrest, it is because of my own mental crap.

i find that people do it by being totally focused on what they are doing in the moment. When you see a person doing this, you feel no fear because you know they are so focused they couldn't possibly be judging you. It is all internal when you break it down though

• Like 2

Endogenous and Exogenous we calls em in the trade.

Endogenous motivation trumps exogenous every time..

As in

You can take a horse to water but (if it isn't thirsty) , you can't make it drink.

That said, sometimes the exogenous crap drowns out the endogenous , ask sinansencer, he's the guru of that, the lad knows of what he speaks.

So...

Regular cultivation trains and develops the endogenous in order that we become better able to quell negative exogenous stimuli in order to flourish...

And

Once the endogenous is trained, fit and raring to go there's a spin off side effect of one being able to better control the exogenous-negatives; whatever those might be.

In MA terms you get to kick more erses. In spirituality terms you become more grounded so that negative vibes and folk simply dissolve and cease to be the problem to you that they were before.

The planks over on some of the other faith forums out there such as Dharma Wheel are all looking outwards to gurus or faith systems or 'buy one get another one a bit more expensive' proprietary systems to do this for them. But that can't work because they are simply treating with an exogenous, 'bought off the shelf' form and not actually cultivating endogenously for themselves. They are doing what they are being told to do, and whilst whatever it is they bought may have worked for the guy selling it, it probably won't really work for them. Some of them will convince themselves it is working and there are status rewards on offer for those who buy into proprietary systems and guru groups, that's how the system sellers, guru wallahs and clergy types continue to prosper. They grow dependant disciples.

It's a lucrative business that has been around as long as daft sods have needed something to believe in that appears to hold their psychological hand, cos they are a bit sad and lost.

All these belief and practice-system salesmen guys are just playing at being mommy for money.

What works for us must of necessity work 'in' us, all the rest is cod guru bollocks and bought in crap at mega dollars a parcel plus postage and packing.

It's so simple is endogenous cultivation that it's hidden in plain sight and any time you suggest it to the fanboys (always men for some reason) they and their well heeled gurus and belief dealers attempt to have off with one's head with their howls of outrage.

This stuff is free. Find a cultivation that works for you be it yoga or QiGong or whatever suits and cultivate it, every day .

Job done, easy peezey and doesn't cost a penny.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

i like these

tons of stuff by heather feather

also qigong videos do it for me, tickling myself softly, listening to my boyfriend play guitar or watching him draw

if you don't like it, it may be that you have trouble letting go and feeling this way. Honestly sometimes i feel like a creeper listening to videos of girls whispering at me, and when i feel that way it kills the high completely. So i just tell myself that i would rather go back to the good secure feeling :)

I think this is what my friend was trying to explain a few years ago...apparently, for her, watching people write throws her into an immediate meditative state. It weirds those people out... :) she gets all concentrated and zoned in on their hand while its writing.

Funny you mention that rainbowvein, I just had this same feeling last night, during & after embryonic breathing.

Edited by i am
  • Like 1

That's not a bad idea. I know the one time I managed to get into the group meditation room thetaoiseasy set up, and he was in there...WHOA! I had just come back from a yoga class and was feeling pretty loose and light anyways, but that's was some pretty strong stuff.

Hey GrandmasterP,

That anti-"guru" rant sounds like a bit of a chip on the shoulder to me... granted many fakes have given the word a bad name but that does not mean that all gurus deserve it, which and for example is not that different from all the phony mediums that indirectly give the good ones a bad name.

Btw, one's Mom is the first "guru".

Edited by 3bob

Endogenous and Exogenous we calls em in the trade.

Endogenous motivation trumps exogenous every time..

As in

You can take a horse to water but (if it isn't thirsty) , you can't make it drink.

That said, sometimes the exogenous crap drowns out the endogenous , ask sinansencer, he's the guru of that, the lad knows of what he speaks.

So...

Regular cultivation trains and develops the endogenous in order that we become better able to quell negative exogenous stimuli in order to flourish...

And

Once the endogenous is trained, fit and raring to go there's a spin off side effect of one being able to better control the exogenous-negatives; whatever those might be.

In MA terms you get to kick more erses. In spirituality terms you become more grounded so that negative vibes and folk simply dissolve and cease to be the problem to you that they were before.

The planks over on some of the other faith forums out there such as Dharma Wheel are all looking outwards to gurus or faith systems or 'buy one get another one a bit more expensive' proprietary systems to do this for them. But that can't work because they are simply treating with an exogenous, 'bought off the shelf' form and not actually cultivating endogenously for themselves. They are doing what they are being told to do, and whilst whatever it is they bought may have worked for the guy selling it, it probably won't really work for them. Some of them will convince themselves it is working and there are status rewards on offer for those who buy into proprietary systems and guru groups, that's how the system sellers, guru wallahs and clergy types continue to prosper. They grow dependant disciples.

It's a lucrative business that has been around as long as daft sods have needed something to believe in that appears to hold their psychological hand, cos they are a bit sad and lost.

All these belief and practice-system salesmen guys are just playing at being mommy for money.

What works for us must of necessity work 'in' us, all the rest is cod guru bollocks and bought in crap at mega dollars a parcel plus postage and packing.

It's so simple is endogenous cultivation that it's hidden in plain sight and any time you suggest it to the fanboys (always men for some reason) they and their well heeled gurus and belief dealers attempt to have off with one's head with their howls of outrage.

This stuff is free. Find a cultivation that works for you be it yoga or QiGong or whatever suits and cultivate it, every day .

Job done, easy peezey and doesn't cost a penny.

Endogenous does trump exogenous, I just talk a lot of rubbish lol

Are you enchanted by kissing too? :huh:

not so much, i'm not that into kissing

i prefer sensual massage, and don't kiss very much at all

Also, whether or not the person eating is a total slob when eating or not makes all the difference. i mean quiet chewing sounds, not obnoxious lip smacking liquidy sounds

lol

i love kissing a girl... wow it really does it for me haha! i forgot about kissing :P hehe probably best that i forget again and not dwell in desire ;)

Too bad for you! :)

That's not a thing I'll choose to live without.