manitou

Metaphysical musings

The most skillful ones dance in the shadow . Fearlessly - in the arms of the Unknown. Leaving no footsteps.

Spiritual freefall.

• Like 1

To be in full consciousness is to perceive without ego. We can step in and out at will if we've done the homework. The homework is done by being willing to see ourselves as we really are - flawed. To be able to see our own motives for everything we do, and to see the part that we play in everything that we're involved in - particuarly the disagreements. This is when we grow up and achieve clarity by degrees as the willingness to uncover self remains and is satisfied.

There is a pony at the bottom of the pile.

• Like 1

http://www.chenghsin.com/

I admire Peter Ralston's work and he majors on this idea of being ego-less but in the moment.

It has tangible beneficial effects on martial arts practice so if it works and can be seen to work in that context it has to be worth playing it , if only to see what happens; in other theatres of life too.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Wu wei must be done from a position of ego-lessness.

Running energy through the hands is also best done from ego-lessness.

Has anyone noticed that there is at least one Illumined One working at a high level within the American government? And that it appears there may be several Illumined Ones converging within the world stage? That world relations are changing because men's hearts are softening? That some key political leaders are shining and taking actions contrary to their natures?

It seems that something is reaching critical mass and that the good ones are being elevated; that the best is somehow being brought out in us, despite the chaos of the Arab spring and the world financial picture; despite all that, there is visible a golden elegant strand that glows amid the chaos and is making its connections through Illumined Ones worldwide.

I thik the light bearers should start getting dressed.

It seems to me that this big internet thing is a living, breathing entity that we create as we go along; that when we post something onto TTB's (or the internet in general) we're adding to our communal knowledge and communal consciousness. Even if nobody ever reads any of this stuff, it's still being input into the pool of knowledge.

I plan to use this thread to continue to post my own early morning (or late night) thoughts; the ones that seem to come from out of nowhere, but which seem to tap into something which we're always trying to describe; the place where words end and Knowledge takes over.

If others would join me, I'd be thrilled. I just know there are some great off-the-wall thoughts that remain hidden in bashful minds.

My most recent quasi-profound thought:

We are god pretending to be a human.

Hi Boy - been watching the wu-wei that Mr. Obama has been doing since coming into office. I first noticed it after the first time N. Korea shot off their missiles and Mr. Obama contained the situation by acting out The Art of War; by 'not-doing', it got done. He has been doing this ever since taking office. Apparently the Dalai Lama has noticed this as well - he has been to the White House on 3 occasions, the first time uninvited, on his own volition.

Whether you want to call it wu-wei or just plain shamanic sorcery, the man knows exactly what to do, what not to do, and when to do it. It's a pure joy to watch this man in action; or non-action, as the case may be. All things fall into place at precisely the right moment. He will always take the high road when an action is needed.

Edited by manitou

Hi Boy - been watching the wu-wei that Mr. Obama has been doing since coming into office. I first noticed it after the first time N. Korea shot off their missiles and Mr. Obama contained the situation by acting out The Art of War; by 'not-doing', it got done. He has been doing this ever since taking office. Apparently the Dalai Lama has noticed this as well - he has been to the White House on 3 occasions, the first time uninvited, on his own volition.

Whether you want to call it wu-wei or just plain shamanic sorcery, the man knows exactly what to do, what not to do, and when to do it. It's a pure joy to watch this man in action; or non-action, as the case may be. All things fall into place at precisely the right moment. He will always take the high road when an action is needed.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to practice the cultivation of patience. Your sense of humor is unconventional and a bit unsettling - you really had me going for a moment there :)

• Like 1

Meister Eckhart

the metaphor of the eye works on the purely physical level as well. The one thing we all have in common is the black dots in the middle of our eyes - human, animal or insect. To stay in the One-consciousness talk directly to the black dot in front of you, knowing that you are That.

• Like 1

Doesn't work with goat eyes..

(Image google "cuttlefish eye" as well!)

hey, that linguine with cuttlefish and ink sauce looked pretty good on the wikipedia page....

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to practice the cultivation of patience. Your sense of humor is unconventional and a bit unsettling - you really had me going for a moment there :)

Watch him for a while, without preconception -

A metaphysical musing:

And if I waken

from myself and all direction,

And choose from that perspective

in every moment...

A metaphysical musing:

And if I waken

from myself and all direction,

And choose from that perspective

in every moment...

To understand this further,

Is this to say that you wish to choose from the perspective of no-person, no individuation, and act from that perspective? And all direction .... is this to say there is no east / west / up / down / forward / backward? It's all relative?

I've heard it said that 'all time and all space are yours'. Is this where your head is at on this one?

My recent musing:

To accomplish healing in another, one must Know that they are divine; both the healer and the one being healed. This knowledge must be beyond belief of the mind; rather it must be Knowledge of the Heart.

A guru that I once spent many minutes studying under once told me this story:

"I was spending my time in stillness meditation, and the wife says to me, "There is a hole in the ceiling, do something about it, will you"

I responded " have patience, learn to have patience; for in time, all things that need to be accomplished will be accomplished."

This went on, day in and day out, until the wife comes to me and says, " you have a particular odor about you. Won't you at least consider bathing?"

Now I was busy meditating, doing stillness meditation, and I said, " Have patience, learn to cultivate patience, for in time, all things that need to be accomplished shall be accomplished."

Within a year or so the roof caved in, and the rain fell upon us. The wife said, " Look now, you fool. You sit there doing nothing, and the roof has caved in. Now the rain falls upon us even as we stand here".

I replied " I am not doing nothing; it is stillness meditation, and if you will notice, the rain has washed my body, and it no longer stinks. As I have said before, if you will only practice patience, all things that need to be accomplished will be accomplished."

Shortly thereafter, the wife left. I then got up, took my axe, and went forth to find boughs to re-thatch the roof.

So you see, by practicing wu-wei, I managed to be rid of my nagging wife in a matter of a mere two years or less!"

• Like 2