Aetherous

5 elements in the real world

Thank you. That was the reason within no reason. I will reserve my comments on the healing sound and the inner smile color of the spleen. In the mean time, I will search for the yellow energy and make it to smile at my spleen..... ;)

Edited by ChiDragon

The five elements is a huge area in Chinese cosmology, and there is a difference between the elements and all things correllated to them. Paul Caval writes:
The realm of the Five Elements is colossal as it engulfs the entirety of manifestation. Two ways to
gain experiential knowledge of the elements are:
• Direct—making contact with the elements themselves, which requires deep meditation
guided by a true adept. Both the transmitter and receiver must be adequately trained.
• Indirect—creating specific weaves of neigong to uncover the underlying nature of
each of the elements, which amounts to a far less challenging task—albeit requiring
dedicated practice over some years (and possibly longer).

In Energy Arts practices:
Water is correlated to the downward movement of Qi

Fire is correlated to the upward (spiralling) movement of Qi

Wood combines the upwards and downwards movement of Qi

Metal combines periphery-to centre and centre-to-periphery movement of Qi

Earth integrates all above movements.

In the realm of emotions (The Seven Emotions):

Metal is a contracting movement, withdrawal and placing up a barrier.

Earth is the flexibility of change between the others, and also a "neutral" mode.

Fire is a spreading movement, the dissolving of barriers.

Wood is a rising, outgoing movement (and so the distinction between Fire and Wood are often blurred).

Water is a sinking movement.

These movements, elements or not, can be experienced and if that experience is collected by a researcher it would be called qualitative research, aka science, which many a Ph.D. is built upon.

In Internal Alchemy, the Five Elements and the Eight Trigrams can stand for any number of things, depending on lineage and level of training. Just adding to the confusion....

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 2

In Energy Arts practices:

Water is correlated to the downward movement of Qi

Fire is correlated to the upward (spiralling) movement of Qi

Wood combines the upwards and downwards movement of Qi

Metal combines periphery-to centre and centre-to-periphery movement of Qi

Earth integrates all above movements.

In the realm of emotions (The Seven Emotions):

Metal is a contracting movement, withdrawal and placing up a barrier.

Earth is the flexibility of change between the others, and also a "neutral" mode.

Fire is a spreading movement, the dissolving of barriers.

Wood is a rising, outgoing movement (and so the distinction between Fire and Wood are often blurred).

Water is a sinking movement.

Grok its quale.

Edited by ChiDragon

I think working on the elements is so cool. I've picked it up again this week after having not done it for a while. First I was having a hard time concentrating so I did the spleen (earth) meditation and that improved. Then I was getting energetically drained so I did the lung (metal) meditation and that stopped. Then I found myself stressing about plans, decisions, and problem solving, as well as dealing with the issue of judgment, so I did the liver (wood) meditation and that got better. Then I was thinking a bit much about desires so I did the heart (fire) meditation and that calmed down. I love this, its wonderful :-)

It did't sound like the Chinese styles of Chi Kung medition. So far, only you have described them as such types in this forum. Where did you learn all the different types of meditation for each organ....???

The Tao of Dying

To reunite with all our ancestors through the element of the Earth, by decomposing and fertilizing our previously occupied environment and continuing our journey toward the fires of conception.
To consummate new life from the old and renew the living life of conception on Earth.
So that we may experience the life of, and interact with and experience, the conceivable things that make up the environments.
Whence eventually we learn to create and breathe our own life into our environments, recycling and recreating.
Until we've divined a body or bodies suitable for experiencing the worlds of our conceptions, through which we [have Free] Will.

It did't sound like the Chinese styles of Chi Kung medition. So far, only you have described them as such types in this forum. Where did you learn all the different types of meditation for each organ....???

My main sources for learning these types of meditations were Mantak Chia, Michael Winn, and Gilles Marin who wrote "Five Elements Six Conditions" where he teaches each element meditation in detail. Gilles Marin was a student of Chia who is very much a Chinese qigong teacher.

http://www.amazon.com/Five-Elements-Six-Conditions-Psychology/dp/1556435932

Edited by dmattwads

I think working on the elements is so cool. I've picked it up again this week after having not done it for a while. First I was having a hard time concentrating so I did the spleen (earth) meditation and that improved. Then I was getting energetically drained so I did the lung (metal) meditation and that stopped. Then I found myself stressing about plans, decisions, and problem solving, as well as dealing with the issue of judgment, so I did the liver (wood) meditation and that got better. Then I was thinking a bit much about desires so I did the heart (fire) meditation and that calmed down. I love this, its wonderful :-)

Earth meditation for the intention (Yi).

Metal meditation to create boundaries. thus Qi is not dispersed.

Wood imbalanced attacks Earth, seems you are describing that combination?

Fire meditation for calming down the Shen.

Nothing for Water while you were at it?

Earth meditation for the intention (Yi).

Metal meditation to create boundaries. thus Qi is not dispersed.

Wood imbalanced attacks Earth, seems you are describing that combination?

Fire meditation for calming down the Shen.

Nothing for Water while you were at it?

Yea but I'm working on water now too for memory, willpower and also to help keeping the heart shen calm ;-)

before heaven and earth found separation from each other, everything was all a great ball of mist(myst) went by the name of chaos, in those times, the spirits of the 5 elements took shape becoming the five ancients.

there was Yellow Ancient, master of the earth.

there was Red Ancient, master of fire.

there was Dark Ancient, master of water.

there was Wood Prince, master of wood.

and there was Metal Mother, mistress of metals.

now, each of these five ancients set in motion the primordial spirit from which they had proceeded, and water and earth sank, heaven soared above while earth became fast in the depths. then water gathered into rivers and lakes, and mountains, valleys, and plains appeared. the heavens cleared and the earth divided; then came sun, moon, and the stars, the sand, clouds, rain and dew.

Yellow Ancient gave play to the purest (power) of the earth.

and to this was added the functions of fire and water.

then sprang forth the grasses and the trees,

the birds and animals, insects and snakes too, cant forget the fish and the turtles.

together Wood Prince and Mother Metal brought the light and the darkness together which created man and woman........

• Like 1