skydog

Epiphanies on power

Age- Belief- low age means you are weak, should act weak, what is age? Who gives a fuck about age?

The smallest thing is no smaller than the biggest thing

The least thing is no less than the most

Sometimes what seems powerful is weak, sometimes what seems weak is powerful eg...water

Sometimes one thinks a position is inferior/lowly/a position of low power but that is conceptual or in many cases only a feeling as is the feeling one needs more power, beliefs surrounding more/less power are conceptual

Power is a feeling in the body which one can disidentify from

Power can be an addiction

WHo are you an ego/illusion/concept capable of doing things or nothing/everything

What is power without love? What is intelligence without compassion? When the power of love overcomes the love of power...but is there a difference

Being in the dan tien, letting thoughts/feelings/sexual energies go/pass, relaxing the gaze and ears..

What is help? Sometimes what seems helpful can be harmful and what seems harmful can be helpful?

What is meaningful? Sometimes what seems important is not and what doesnt seem important is

Does power exist? Is power good? Does powerlessness exist? Is powerlessness bad?

The master doesnt try to be powerful thus he is truly powerful

A shaman who shows his/her power, may get exploited/caged up thus they are then made weak...

Nobody chopped down the useless tree, The man with the broken leg was allowed to not be forced to become a soldier, the person who was deemed weakwasnt seen as enough of a threat to try to stop/prevent/kill.

Trying to derive ones sense of worth and value and power from the environment is like trying to eat the ocean with a knife

Edited by sinansencer

The more power you have the greater your wisdom and natural morality must be in order to not bring harm.

• Like 1

Ghenghis Khan quotes- Anything done out of anger is sure to go wrong, If you are scared of something dont do it, if you have to, dont be scared

• Like 1

Think I will start reading books like Machievelli, Art of War, Ghenghis Khan, and going over the I ching, Tao teh ching more...There is some harmony and wisdom in these things

I have spent some time in what could be termed 'power struggles' this year. And most of them have been about really complicated stuff about who sees what which way and therefore imposes their way of seeing on the other (power struggles are rarely simple, between two individual parties but they often play that way IME). For most of them, I have been fighting against the other person's viewpoint. That is both time-consuming on both our parts and exactly what the other person wants - to strengthen their viewpoint. And what I want too, because if I win, then my viewpoint in strengthened.

Now, why anyone would want to do this, why? Can only mean that the viewpoint is so weak it needs to be strengthened. Wouldn't it be better to find a stronger viewpoint that doesn't require this much work?

Best way to treat with 'power' is to flow around it.

I'm a union rep in my day job.

Meets lots of 'powerful' people.

At bottom, once you talk to them; most of them are OK but with one or two power has gone to their heads.

Best place for it too, north of the neck.

We're more Tan T'ien focused.

No room for 'power' down there.

• Like 1

There's something about your posts ET that I find incredibly passive aggressive. What is it?

I don't buy into the 'if you dislike it it's your business' thing. Nor do I buy the 'If you dislike it it means you have it in you' rhetoric.

I know that gets thrown about a lot in 'spiritual circles'. All it means is that I recognize it when I see it, having likely experienced similar before (whether I have been the giver or receiver or just witness to it has some relevance IME/IMO).

• Like 2

Mmmmm et's 'passive aggressive' eh?

Now that's what you might 'feel' K but you can't 'know' for sure and, whilst we all have feelings; sadly intellect is less equitably distributed.

Best just to be polite and move on.

Mmmmm et's 'passive aggressive' eh?

Now that's what you might 'feel' K but you can't 'know' for sure and, whilst we all have feelings; sadly intellect is less equitably distributed.

Best just to be polite and move on.

I did indeed say 'There's something about your posts ET that I find...'

'Can't know for sure' - hmm, possible. I did mention that I recognize such things because I have experienced them prior (either as giver, receiver or witness). Otherwise no, I wouldn't 're-cognize' it.

My intent here is to stamp my little butterfly foot/hoof and say 'enough' of such things. If 'spirituality' is simply being polite and moving on then I've gotten very very good at that:-)

However, I figure can also be very polite in my argumentation. No need to move on.

• Like 2

-K- i always appreciate your freely sharing of your unique perspective and wisdom. i would say that you are light years advanced(relative to some others) you do not play to some self serving specific agenda here)self hawking this or that. intellectually, integrity-wise, insightful , and honest . imo/ime you could give some grandmasters a few lessons i think some here are emotionally hardened,and/ordisplay a calloused indifferences to the feelings and thoughts of others.or else they just dont get it - and are too consumed in their own whatevers.

whichever

i certainly enjoy the free exchange of ideas, thoughts, insights shared among those deemed as equals here.

one old quote came to mind.

in that when one masters themself , that is true power

-K- i always appreciate your freely sharing of your unique perspective and wisdom. i would say that you are light years advanced(relative to some others) you do not play to some self serving specific agenda here)self hawking this or that. intellectually, integrity-wise, insightful , and honest . imo/ime you could give some grandmasters a few lessons i think some here are emotionally hardened,and/ordisplay a calloused indifferences to the feelings and thoughts of others.or else they just dont get it - and are too consumed in their own whatevers.

whichever

Thank you for this ZT:-) Very nice of you to say what you did.

Oh I see how much we agree... time to figure out a resolution while being polite and sating on the playing ground to change what needs changing... be it my ways or the ways of others... to cultivate polite wonderful experiences...

'Can't know for sure' - hmm, possible.

'Can know for sure' - hmm, possible.

- hmm, explore what be to know to know it...

I'm not sure about this 'how much we agree' thing ET. However it's a good starting point IMO for a discussion on what to do (or not) in such circumstances. The words/concepts themselves are there but it's not always what I'm picking up on. The difficulty is in the 'knowing' part. The words themselves can be honestly or dishonestly used. Or misread.

Edit: I'd also say that a very difficult part of it is being honest with oneself. It's so tempting not to be and rely on other people's understandings or misunderstandings to get what one wants.

Edited by -K-
  • Like 1