eye_of_the_storm

How is Taoism Relative to Bums?

Ta.

Hey ho. Bedtime. Work tomorrow.

You still got those old plaid shorts for gardening in M?

Sweet dreams.

;-)

No, they got all worn out. I just go out in my boxer shorts now.

how is: "how about maximizing happiness"... not an aspiration ?

Its like in a buffet when you already ate enough. Can anyone then go eat even more?

If so, then to each his own.

How can one go getting more happy when he is already happy enough.

Or do we then add more words like that peculiar Americanism of quality time that I spoke about recently?

Quality happy to show my happiness is quality better than yours?

If so, go ask an American how to up the level of happiness and follow his direction.

I humbly withdraw

Idiotic Taoist

Edited by shanlung

no worries - we were getting a little sidetracked anyhow.

Although your own description is similar to the issue being addressed here.

What you are trying to prove by such a signature I am unsure :: peace + double happiness to you though Mountain Dragon :)

I myself am content with the divine discontent and the eternal desire for progression / higher order etc - becoming more perfect.

In my view happiness is only the beginning, the foundation.

There is no end :)

I just believe that negatives are not of Taoist character.

Lao Tse is known as the first philosopher of the Taoist religion. His book the Te-Tao Ching was written in the 6th century BC. The Tao's Trinity is made up of the Three Supreme Gods, or the Three Pure Ones. The members of the Taoist Trinity are as follows: Tien-pao, Heavenly Jewel, Ling-pao, Mystic Jewel, and Shen-pao, Spiritual Jewel. They are also referred to as Celestial worthy of primordial beginning, Celestial worthy of numinous treasure, and Celestial worthy of the Tao and its power.

http://www.articlesb...ine-758858.html

The Language used is wonderful! Taoism is in love with all creation, its perfection, it's glory... awestruck.

I think this is the proper approach :)

I think it is a disservice/ disrespect to the Tao to speak of it (+oneself) in such a negative manner.

This false humility, of which so many have great pride in.

False Humility is about deprecating one’s own sanctity, successes, gifts, talents, and accomplishments for the sake of receiving praise or flattery from other people. You will see this play out when someone has an amazing gift from God and when people compliment them on those gifts they respond with something like, “Ohh no, I’m not any good… that was horrible… there are so many people that are better than I am etc.” Stop With The False Humility! A humble response is simply, “Thank You!” You thank them for their compliment and you thank God for the gifts that He has given you. http://www.bigisthen...false-humility/

:)

let us exalt all creation!

let us be grateful for what we have been given

and take pride in what has been bestowed upon us.

With an air of grace and dignity, for it is truly the only worthy response.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Guest RBSA

Maybe alchemists put away alchemy books after they found a girlfriend because they are the healthiest , mentally .

Being humble is a virtue , at least in my country . What about your country ?

Guest RBSA

And BTW i had a dream related to dragons last night . Maybe ' they ' accepted me . ;)

My world, or at least the world my heart-mind is in, has no heirachy. Plagiarising my own terminology, idiot and genius exist on different side of that Mobius strip.

And what more a handle which came to my mind over 15 years ago when Idiotic Taoist became my handle.

It sprung off from a little snippet from Chuangtzu, that the Tao was known by the Idiot, except the Idiot do not know the words to say it.

Negativity will be what you like to put to it. As the same with positivity.

How about accepting a stance in the middle and look at that handle with neutrality and without judgement made.

The world full enough of judges, of how you must act, how you must dress, how you must think, and how you must use your time.

How about accepting all and each other, unless that person is such as to be thrown into the bin and out of sight and mind.

The Idiotic Taoist

aka

Shanlung

http://shanlung.com/

How about accepting all ...

I love it! You are still insisting that it is possible to be "beyond good and evil" (without judgements).

how can one accept a stance / look or view without judgement / discernment?

one would have to be mindless... at all levels.

I would not confuse mind without mind ... with being mindless.

You yourself have given this title meaning as you said "It sprung off from a little snippet from Chuangtzu, that the Tao was known by the Idiot, except the Idiot do not know the words to say it."

to give meaning is to judge/ discern etc

if you think it to be meaningless... to be not judged/ neutrality what is the purpose of using it?

If you want neutrality and no meaning / no judging / no thinking, have nothing there... have void.

I do appreciate your continued argument :)

argument in the original sense of competition... meaning: to strive together - condition each other / mutual arising :)

Hi White Wolf,

Excellent questions/comments. I will wait for the Idiot's response as I am sure we will see some very nice words.

I love it! You are still insisting that it is possible to be "beyond good and evil" (without judgements).

Idiots can be idiotic with no blame or stigma attached.

Idiot lurching and reeling on the Path

Idiots can be idiotic with no blame or stigma attached.

Idiot lurching and reeling on the Path

Oh, I think you are walking right down the middle of that yellow brick road. Keep on walking (that is, if you feel there is some place you need to go).

I hardly look on our discourse as arguments.

More of discussion and exchanging of views. So that from the many facets of view,

the elephant might take shape.

Taoistic Idiot

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin argumacr.gifmentum, from arguere, to make clear; see argue.]

A discussion in which disagreement is expressed; a debate.

A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood

same same

A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood

Do bear in mind the opposite to a simple truth

Is a simple lie

The opposite to a profound truth

Is another equally profound truth

In profound levels, different truths morph from one to another

Idiotic Taoist

The opposite of a profound truth

Is another equally profound truth

Or some tanks, supported by air-strike cover.

Nothing wrong with Idiots. I'd have a lot less to do each day at work without them and life would be much duller.

Fine old tradition of the 'holy fool' in Western literature.

• Like 1

profound truth has no opposite - profound truth is profound truth

all these riddles... what for?

no wonder there is no progression...talking in meaningless, endless circles.

Why do people who believe such nonsense... even bother with forums?

nothing has meaning... everything is the same, they apparently have no desire for anything... they don't even exist haha

for people who believe in nothing they sure have a lot of nothing to say.

Einstein I think it was did that 'profound truth' riff.

TTC is chock full of words about nothing.

Golden Flower's the same and that's fuller of riddles than a news-stand puzzle annual.

Why 'progress' WWR?

Where from?

Where to?

Why?

(It's all Tao so whither linearity-illusions).

Einstein I think it was did that 'profound truth' riff.

TTC is chock full of words about nothing.

Golden Flower's the same and that's fuller of riddles than a news-stand puzzle annual.

Why 'progress' WWR?

Where from?

Where to?

Why?

(It's all Tao so whither linearity-illusions).

Golden Flower's the same and that's fuller of riddles than a news-stand puzzle annual. ahahha brilliant.

Well I think progress is unavoidable... just look back at your own life :)

or evolution

eternal desire for progression / higher order etc - becoming more perfect.

if one takes their head out of a book for a moment and has a look around these things are self evident.

where from - perfection

where to - greater perfection

why... for the same reason we are here... to grow.

I think ^_^

again this quote I like "It sprung off from a little snippet from Chuangtzu, that the Tao was known by the Idiot, except the Idiot do not know the words to say it."

So this idiot is really a useless man... no good to anyone but himself

if he wasn't so lazy he would learn a language, learn to write... learn to think in a logical manner.

Can this man who knows the Tao even feed himself?

If his logic was made profound he would be able to unite heaven and earth (spiritually, mentally and physically) and share his vision with the world... inspiring others to such heights...without confusing / without riddles.

Just because Lao Tzu or Chuang Tzu could not attain profound logic and explain things in a simple manner doesn't mean that others at some point won't be able to.... Chuang Tzu even admits his own short comings ...except the Idiot do not know the words to say it /// why have people taken this to be some kind of profound metaphysical something... perhaps he was talking literally?

He did not say... to attain Tao you have to be an idiot.

Also, how do we know whether or not we are reading the writings of madmen? in addition making them of divine revelation?

maybe they did have some insight... though were unable to ground it.

Or maybe like the western mystery schools they had to hide their knowledge for which ever reason... with elaborate riddles and codes... which means that without the key/ initiation these things are totally useless and extremely detrimental / misleading.

Or maybe they were simply trying to monopolize on their findings / knowledge... perhaps an ancient form of copyright... or patenting.

Like metallurgy was a powerful art... at the time

just as splitting the atom today is... which is protected by vast codes/ encryption and other security

one wouldn't want such things getting into the hands of your average man or enemy.

maybe like metallurgy ... humanity will maybe reach a state of consciousness where having knowledge about nuclear power is a mundane, basic thing.

eg:

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

In the cauldron boil and bake;

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,

Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,

Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,

Lizard’s leg, and howlet’s wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

haha

these items are code names...

Here is a list of common codes used and the true meaning behind them.

http://www.mystical....erbal-Code.aspx

except now everyone is taking the code / the riddle etc 100% literally

without the decoder/key your efforts are completely futile

bum 1 (bubreve.gifm)

n.

1. A tramp; a vagrant.

2. A lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others.

3. An incompetent, insignificant, or obnoxious person: The batter called the pitcher a bum.

4. One who is devoted to a particular activity or milieu: a beach bum.

v. bummed, bum·ming, bums

v.intr.

1. To live by begging and scavenging from place to place. Often used with around.

2. To loaf.

v.tr.

1. To acquire by begging; cadge. See Synonyms at cadge.

2. Slang To depress, dishearten, or dismay. Often used with out.

adj.

1. Inferior; worthless: gave me bum advice; did a bum job of fixing the car.

2. Disabled; malfunctioning: a bum shoulder.

3. Unfavorable or unfair: got a bum deal on my final grade for the course.

4. Unpleasant; lousy: had a bum time at the party.

Idiom:

on the bum

1. Living as a vagrant or tramp.

2. Out of order; broken.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bum

Lots of bums, but did you know there are still hobos? Last weekend sherriff called my dad about throwing out some hobos staying on some land he is currently the executor for. And they really were hoboes, not just homeless people. They hop on trains and travel around, there are web sites for hobos so they can find camps where the trains stop. I do not know how hoboes check the web sites, maybe they have lap tops or internet phones?