eye_of_the_storm

How is Taoism Relative to Bums?

When I go out I almost always look like a bum. People leave me alone because it looks like I am of no value. I like that!!!

I spend about 10% of my Internet time in this forum. I think at least 35% of any aggravation came from here.

I'm glad I was able to help. Hehehe.

Most of us here are searching. Many of us are young and already know everything ane are trying to show others where and why they are wrong.

I am enjoying your presence here very much. True, I don't post to all the same thread you post to but that is because I limit my involvement to selected threads.

I can talk about birdies.

I have a bird feeder in my gardens and it is generally a very peaceful place where the wild birds can get a bite to eat, take a drink or even a quick bath and be on their way.

About a month ago I saw two pigeons at the feeder. It wasn't long before my count of those birds at one moment in time was 22 pigeons. Without a doubt those birds are communicating with each other.

I suppose that as long as I continue feeding the smaller wild birds I will have the pigeons flocking in my garden. I have experienced the desire to make value judgements and call the pigeons "bad". That would be wrong, of course because they are simply doing what they do - being natural.

But luckily they do not scare off the butterflies that come to feed on the flowers.

About 95% of the hits on my webpages and livejournal blogs came from beasties and birdies people.

Strangely even though I wrote in English, over 2/3 came from non English countries such as Russia, Germany, France, Japan, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew countries.

In forums there (including foreign language) we are united by our love for beasties and birdies, any differences in language and lifestyle pales in comparison and hardly talked about.

I find it strange in Tao , or so-called Tao circle that folks here are so hell bent on elevating themselves and in using yardsticks left and right on anything and everything.

I spend about 10% of my Internet time in this forum. I think at least 35% of any aggravation came from here.

I can only think I should consider spending my time more gainfully and happily elsewhere

I'm glad I was able to help. Hehehe.

Most of us here are searching. Many of us are young and already know everything ane are trying to show others where and why they are wrong.

I am enjoying your presence here very much. True, I don't post to all the same thread you post to but that is because I limit my involvement to selected threads.

But luckily they do not scare off the butterflies that come to feed on the flowers.

I'm not here much anymore (or anywhere else online for that matter) but I do think you bring a sense of maturity, wisdom, and sincerity with you Shanlung.

Marblehead, also.

And I think Marblehead hit the nail on the head, as usual...

So I just would like to say that I hope you continue to spend a bit of time here, Shanlung.

Yes, it can be frustrating but if you connect with a few sincere folks and are patient, it can grow into something more rewarding. I've developed some valuable connections here (sadly, most of those folks are quite scarce, but that's ok).

And it's good practice to work on letting go of any attachment to the words we put out there and the replies they evoke....

I dont know where you came up with that perspective, Shanlung

about me. I was trying to talk to you ,unregarding of our differences in world view.

I just dont believe in immortals.

But I am often enough not understood that it isnt new.

About this forum being aggravating ,,, the folks we love often can drive us craziest.

But remember the beauty of the stars actually lies in ourselves

stars are just balls of burning gas

So the source of your aggravation ,,,, guess where it is.

Stosh

And I think Marblehead hit the nail on the head, as usual...

And that was when I was trying to hit it on its side in order to straighten it so I could use it to nail my shoe to the floor. Really hurt my thumb!!!

Grandmaster Chang had a visitor who came to inquire about cultivation. But

instead of listening, the visitor kept talking about his own

ideas.

After a while, Grandmaster Chang served tea. He poured tea into his visitor's

cup until it was full, and then he kept on pouring.

Finally the visitor could not restrain himself. "Don't you see

it's full?" he said. "You can't get any more in!"

"Just so," replied Grandmaster Chang, stopping at last. "And like this cup,

you are filled with your own ideas. How can you expect me to give you cultivation advice unless you offer me an empty cup?"

Tea anyone?

:)

Well it's the space inside the cup more than the cup itself that does the job.

Round here the very rich folk eat grouse and pheasant (and poor folk's babies).

• Like 1

I just finished off a cup of coffee so my cup is now empty.

I think I will keep it covered lest someone tries putting something in it that I really don't need or want and may even be hazardous to my health and well-being.

Edited by Marblehead

Your points are well taken, White Wolf Running On Air.

For what its worth, I wasn't trying to glorify the condition of being a bum or say the lifestyle of bums is emblematic of something Taoist. The list I gave was offered as a set of metaphors. Or maybe it is more like a joke where two very different things are imagined to share the same attributes. For example: What do Brooklyn and pantyhose have in common?

I suspect the real answer might be rather rude.

;-)

Possibly dodgy to generalise about bums. From my short time here we seem to be a very varied crew.

I stumbled across a nest of Kundalini bods in a dark corner on here earlier this evening. Sure t'be a Tantrist or two knocking about as well.Those two tribes stick together like sh*t to a blanket.

Q: What do you call a Tantrist wearing a suit and tie?

Your points are well taken, White Wolf Running On Air.

For what its worth, I wasn't trying to glorify the condition of being a bum or say the lifestyle of bums is emblematic of something Taoist. The list I gave was offered as a set of metaphors. Or maybe it is more like a joke where two very different things are imagined to share the same attributes. For example: What do Brooklyn and pantyhose have in common?

;)

Well it's the space inside the cup more than the cup itself that does the job.

Round here the very rich folk eat grouse and pheasant (and poor folk's babies).

It is the space that holds the cup that holds the space that holds the tea

or the cup shapes space

:P^_^

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

CatPillar,

Is it that terribly important that we judge one relative to another?

If so , by what yardstick should that be.

Idiotic Taoist

No judgment intended, simply making a terrible gaming joke. I have a habit of saying things that only I think are funny, and I tend to take many things far less seriously than others.

To address the question directly - it's not important at all to judge one relative to another.