Aetherous

To not impose your will

I recently read an article that stated people online are more argumentative with others (think, youtube comments section) because they don't see the other person's facial expression. They studied this phenomenon, and found that when the people's eyes were visible, everyone was much less hostile.

DH02BL5%20B1%20Eye%20of%20Ra.jpg

Sometimes I feel sick when I understand just 'whose' 'will' it is. It's rarely mine arising from the present circumstances is what I'm finding. Very unpleasant indeed.

Not to assert my will upon you, K...but consider that it's not beneficial for you to constantly feel sickened from people that are invading your space. Even if it is true...wouldn't it feel better to just forget about that and move forward?

Anyway, my apologies for if I ever do this to you. I'm just trying to get by and be myself, and also trying to be good (but that hardly ever works).

I'm trying this thing at the moment where I just keep watching myself. Find out in each case 'whose' 'will' is being asserted at any given time. Sometimes I feel sick when I understand just 'whose' 'will' it is. It's rarely mine arising from the present circumstances is what I'm finding. Very unpleasant indeed.

Even saying this, I know it's not 'my will' but a wish to come across as a 'good practitioner'.

Hahaha.

Et-thoughts, has it occurred to you that your pissing some people off might not be their doing? I've seen this before on here.

Yea, its because the belief's controls over them! Its a good practice to see whose will is being asserted and what it promotes... I too feel as you feel sometimes... and then I seek to assert and cultivate a pleasant peaceful stand... hope you see it ...

I recently read an article that stated people online are more argumentative with others (think, youtube comments section) because they don't see the other person's facial expression. They studied this phenomenon, and found that when the people's eyes were visible, everyone was much less hostile.

DH02BL5%20B1%20Eye%20of%20Ra.jpg

I think it also has to do with 'reading' 'additional info' from the interaction like the tone of voice, temper and body movements... I like the lower baud rates of these communications and the sort of anonymity they provide for in principle it pushes us to focus on the topics and points rather than be distracted by other stuff... unfortunately many still project their 'prejudices' into the statements... rarely questioning and validating if what they perceived actually corresponded to what was intended... evidently that happens in face to face interactions though there its much more difficult to go back and take a second look at what happened...

Sometimes I feel sick when I understand just 'whose' 'will' it is. It's rarely mine arising from the present circumstances is what I'm finding. Very unpleasant indeed.

Even saying this, I know it's not 'my will' but a wish to come across as a 'good practitioner'.

Hahaha.

:)

'Whose' 'will' is it to feel sick and unpleasant?

'Whose' 'will' is it to feel sick and unpleasant?

Feeling just happen... sometimes out of habit... recognize them and cultivate what you want to feel...' event thought I feel this way and I recognize it I now choose to embrace ...'

Feeling just happen... sometimes out of habit... recognize them and cultivate what you want to feel...' event thought I feel this way and I recognize it I now choose to embrace ...'

Thank you for your thoughtful reply ET.

there are causes for feelings aren't there?

why do one needs to cultivate them?

to accept or not accept; there is no such question.

the moment one choose to accept it or not to accept it;

that in itself another feeling.

:D

Yeaah. It's not an 'easy' practice for sure.

Scott, I don't feel sick about other people. I feel sick about my reactions to them. It's not (at present) a controllable reaction internally (although it likely unnoticeable to anyone outside:-)) and to suggest otherwise is interesting but currently not in my experience. So I just sit through until it passes (which it always does:-)) Reckon I'm at that 'need to take a vacation from dogmatic, pontificating people on TTB's point that it seems many reach:-)

- MY will has spoken:-)-

Thank you for your thoughtful reply ET.

there are causes for feelings aren't there?

why do one needs to cultivate them?

to accept or not accept; there is no such question.

the moment one choose to accept it or not to accept it;

that in itself another feeling.

Yes there are causes! Sometimes the causes are internal and sometimes the causes are external...Some people feel a certain way regardless of what happens ... which can be good as can be bad. One needs to cultivate the feelings one has to enhance the experiences one has... Why do you claim that there is no question of to accept or not accept? or was you point that at the moment one chooses to act the question vanishes and is replaced with a factual point... In a way you are right the question isn't to accept or not accept its how to accept it! (fully, not fully, not at all).

Reckon I'm at that 'need to take a vacation from dogmatic, pontificating people on TTB's point that it seems many reach:-)

I kind of like to engage and point out the truth to dogmatic, pontificating people on TTB's as well as everyone else... and let the cards fall where they may... many reach the point where they just don't want to play... still some like to keep on playing... its fun either way...

Yes there are causes! Sometimes the causes are internal and sometimes the causes are external...Some people feel a certain way regardless of what happens ... which can be good as can be bad. One needs to cultivate the feelings one has to enhance the experiences one has... Why do you claim that there is no question of to accept or not accept? or was you point that at the moment one chooses to act the question vanishes and is replaced with a factual point... In a way you are right the question isn't to accept or not accept its how to accept it! (fully, not fully, not at all).

thank you for another reply;

in my humble opinion,

the thing that is possible to cultivate here is to see into the nature of the feeling present.

then do one need to ask how?

Dogmatic!

Pontificating!!

On a Forum!!!

Now there's something one never expected to either see, hear or read.

Most everywhere else on the internet forums are demi-paradises or reason and measured discourse tempered with charm and politesse.

(Aren't they?).

Edited by GrandmasterP

thank you for another reply;

in my humble opinion,

the thing that is possible to cultivate here is to see into the nature of the feeling present.

then do one need to ask how?

Indeed look into the nature of the feeling present... AND the infinite possibilities... to cultivate here or not! does one need to ask how? does one need to do the action? does one chooses to do the action? Why is that so instead of something else being so? I get into a lot of 'dances' because I constantly 'challenge' certain points... when looking into the heart of the matter its actually rather simple... what does one choose to do and why?

excuse me, turtleshell for partially hijacking your thread;

I am have actually finding it very fruitful for me at the moment. :P

Indeed look into the nature of the feeling present... AND the infinite possibilities... to cultivate here or not! does one need to ask how? does one need to do the action? does one chooses to do the action? Why is that so instead of something else being so? I get into a lot of 'dances' because I constantly 'challenge' certain points... when looking into the heart of the matter its actually rather simple... what does one choose to do and why?

et, I am actually enjoying this dialogue with you; I found it to be fruitful to myself.

Although I would like it to hit 'home' more but this will do, it makes me happy.

let continue our dances shall we?

to cultivate, one need to choose to see.

what one need is to see.

what one action one do is to see.

seeing the doing, the seeing liberates the doing.

true, there is infinite possibilities.

but the 'infinite possibilities' is the truth being present.

it is 'my will' to be wronged either by itself or others.

by doing so, the way is seen.

Scott, I don't feel sick about other people. I feel sick about my reactions to them. It's not (at present) a controllable reaction internally (although it likely unnoticeable to anyone outside:-)) and to suggest otherwise is interesting but currently not in my experience. So I just sit through until it passes (which it always does:-)) Reckon I'm at that 'need to take a vacation from dogmatic, pontificating people on TTB's point that it seems many reach:-)

Ah I see. Yea I definitely needed some time away from here the past year...it really helped.

excuse me, turtleshell for partially hijacking your thread;

I am have actually finding it very fruitful for me at the moment. :P

et, I am actually enjoying this dialogue with you; I found it to be fruitful to myself.

Although I would like it to hit 'home' more but this will do, it makes me happy.

let continue our dances shall we?

to cultivate, one need to choose to see.

what one need is to see.

what one action one do is to see.

seeing the doing, the seeing liberates the doing.

true, there is infinite possibilities.

but the 'infinite possibilities' is the truth being present.

it is 'my will' to be wronged either by itself or others.

by doing so, the way is seen.

Indeed this dialogue is enjoyable by me too... hope others find it enjoyable too :-) if not well thats their issue :-)

What did you mean by " I would like it to hit 'home' more"?

To cultivate one needs to plant, water and closely observe what develops... weed out some stuff and put in some stuff... with experiences, the attitude one has may determine the experience one has, though what actually happens may be 'stuff that happens'... the truth being present and experienced can take many forms... it is 'my will' to be wronged or am I volunteering to allow the other to learn something... for that matter should I move in such a way as to teach the other something about 'volunteering' ... in interactions each side chooses what to cultivate... yesterday I learned something new regarding dancing... I realized that one can move gracefully and dance with others even though the others move to a different beat and would rather fight than dance... regardless of the motives one can exercise and move harmoniously with everyone if one knows how to move and flow with the music... one can see the blow coming and move in such a way as to transform it into a caress... one can stumble and rather than fall be helped to move a certain way that leads to other moves and flows... seeing the doing, the awareness provides the opportunity to change what needs changing or to recognize it to maintain it... to cultivate it...

there is infinite possibilities.

AND the 'infinite possibilities' is that some remain as possibilities forevermore...

Indeed this dialogue is enjoyable by me too... hope others find it enjoyable too :-) if not well thats their issue :-)

What did you mean by " I would like it to hit 'home' more"?

To cultivate one needs to plant, water and closely observe what develops... weed out some stuff and put in some stuff... with experiences, the attitude one has may determine the experience one has, though what actually happens may be 'stuff that happens'... the truth being present and experienced can take many forms... it is 'my will' to be wronged or am I volunteering to allow the other to learn something... for that matter should I move in such a way as to teach the other something about 'volunteering' ... in interactions each side chooses what to cultivate... yesterday I learned something new regarding dancing... I realized that one can move gracefully and dance with others even though the others move to a different beat and would rather fight than dance... regardless of the motives one can exercise and move harmoniously with everyone if one knows how to move and flow with the music... one can see the blow coming and move in such a way as to transform it into a caress... one can stumble and rather than fall be helped to move a certain way that leads to other moves and flows... seeing the doing, the awareness provides the opportunity to change what needs changing or to recognize it to maintain it... to cultivate it...

there is infinite possibilities.

AND the 'infinite possibilities' is that some remain as possibilities forevermore...

I hoped it will hit the spot more on where my defilements lies.

Lol The blows are filled with compassion.

Nonetheless, the motives or the music; it is a dance.

it is 'infinite possibilities' when the present being seen is not 'infinite possibilities' anymore.