Lindelani Mnisi

I hunger for more

JB's advice is sound. Seeing things and hearing voices are certainly not on my list of things I'd like to achieve through study of the meditative arts. And I would be very suspicious if such things did begin to occur.

i think he said it happened when he was younger, not while he was meditating

maybe he has invisible help

suspicious yes but its not a result of improper meditation if i understand him. just clarifying.

for what its worth (@lindelani), many people have supernatural occurances during their childhood. The mind is open then, and the world is a wild place full of many characters seen and unseen. Just be sure to follow proper techniques when you meditate, take things in the order they arise in, don't force things in other words. The 3rd eye won't open easily, and in trying, many people have caused themselves damage by entraining excess qi to their heads causing imbalance and in some cases insanity (not kidding). Be cautious, there is a lot of middle ground between meditative ecstacy and complacent normal reality. If you are gung-ho for ecstacy its really an aversion to something, the truth is ordinary and plain, like water. Best wishes and blessings with your practice, your 3rd eye will open in time with strong sadhana. Just sit every day, don't force your head open, it will open naturally.

Hehe unfortunatly, i was never much the patient one or someone to give up at the point of no hope or chance, so i guess i just gotta pray i don't burn out but even i do, I'm still gonna keep going

Lol, there's no need to go up in flames in order to make good progress. But it seems like you are in a big hurry to have some kind of "Mystical Experience".

You might want to look into a KAP seminar. Supposedly if you take their teaching methods and practice for 6 hrs a day for 6 months then you can activate your Kundalini....at least that's what i hear.

No need to burn up like a moth to the flame, that serves no one, including yourself.

Here's there site you can take a KAP 1 class and that will give you all the info you need: http://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Hi :)

Epilogue

For clarity's sake, when I mentioned that Kunlun blew open my third eye, I did not mean the Red Phoenix blew open my third eye. I didn't even know about the Red Phoenix at that point. Just doing the chi gathering and bouncing the legs did it. That along with the transmission from the book and tapping into Max (invited).

Kevin:

you said:

You are mistaken. I am not your friend. You are not my friend. If you had added yourself as a friend, I would have removed you.

If you have ever noticed, I did not post anything to you at AYP. From reading your posts at AYP I decided that you were much too unstable and wreckless with your misguided concepts to even merit any comments. And you had such a disrepectful and bad attitude that I'm surprised that you did not get banned. I did not appreciate your toilet humour and you did offend people on the forum. Then you came back and appear to have turned into a brown nosing AYP parrot. So be it.

And look what you've done here in your comment. A 15 year old male is not a child. He is a teenager. And I have no intention of harming anyone. I find your lack of perspicacity and discernment disheartening and irritating.

DNB:

That picture is exactly what I saw after the meditation, later that night, and the next day too. After a while I could even see the tunnel that leads to you. Thank you for confirming. And you? Can you tell me what I look like?

OldGreen:

Experimentation without proper guidance, understanding and knowledge of the effects can lead to experiences that are not unlike schizophrenia or psychosis. But then, so does acid, meth, mushrooms, speed, MDA, alcohol and all the other things that teenagers will try. I think I'd rather have them try third eye meditation. At least they won't be killing brain cells and putting holes in their sheaths..

You know, I've been trying to open the third eye since I was 12 yrs old, gazing, mirror gazing, gazing at people. It really isn't that easy to fully open the third eye considering that it took me over 40 years. And it is even harder to keep it open.

The 3rd Eye cannot ignore the rest of the body for it encompasses all. Anything that happens anywhere in the bodies (physical, etheric, astral, mental, causal, bliss sheath, atman) also happens in the third eye.

Don't forget, the third eye is just not the hole in front of the brows, or the screen for dreams, or the entrance for the channel to the heart, or the vision center, or the cave of brahma or the place where ida and pingala can collapse into the sushumna. It is also the medulla, where the point of consciousness contacts the smaller self and the ego.

And most of the time their testifying is from a base of ignorance, misplaced blame and the desire for attention.

There is no such thing as a natural practice. Any practice is an act of will exerting itself upon the world of forms. Even non-practice is a form of practice. The only thing that is natural in my definition, is beyond both.

Did you not read the Saraswati quote? His argument for working on the third eye first? It is the only chakra which develops the witness and establishes distance between the phenomenon and that which perceives. The witness. You know, saying a "good balanced approach" sounds really nice and all. But think about this. First you gain understanding and proper technique. At that time you don't have much chi to send to the third eye so if anything happens, it is not that intense. If you store up lots of gasoline (chi) and get your energies/shakti built up, it's eventually going to erupt and get into the third eye. If you can't control your third eye, and remain a calm detached witness, that's when the problems start. If you don't activate Shiva first, Shakti is going to be very unhappy when she wakes. This makes sense to me. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you. That is fine. I know there are very many different practices out there, and I think many of them are invalid and misunderstood. But people fall for them and waste their time or have bad experiences. But lots of people have good experiences too! May you all be so lucky.

:)

TI

TI,

I'm no parrot. For example a number of people find value in what you say, and if I was a parrot I'd

join the pack. That I don't find value in what you say (not because your facts are much off), but

because of the harsh way you treat anyone who disagrees with you, makes you poor company,

for me at least.

As for AYP, I'm certainly no parrot there either. Not 'before' and not 'now'.

Yes I was obnoxious a year and some ago, just like you. I was a self-righteous

know it all. Now please do not take these words as provocation or insult.

I am in fact comparing you to myself back then. And also, my perception may well be

wrong in every possible way in this matter. You and I could have been twins back then,

and in fact we tend to dislike in others what we most dislike about ourselves.

I am SO MUCH not an AYP parrot, that I'm even hosting a get-together for AYP people to come

visit, and I'm not even teaching any AYP practices; and the man Yogani you seem to despise so

much was apparently the one who approved that function.

The one change that I made on AYP, is that I 'got over myself' and stopped being a douche.

That's it. I show some respect in someone else's house, and that respect is deserved.

I would also like to show respect in this forum, should I post here much, which I'll treat

on a day by day basis.

So, TI, it makes no difference to me one way or another if you wish to be friends, it makes no

difference to me if you post up a storm and do whatever you like. So long as a child is not harmed,

we are all adults here, and I wish you happiness in every possible way.

For me at least, if I see you post, I will just scroll past without reading your words. I'd rather

read the words of a good-hearted no-nothing, than a harsh expert on things that don't even matter.

I'm sure you will do the same for me, and then we will get along just fine.

I love you TI, just the same as anyone else.

Kev

Well thanks for the advice guys. I'll do my best to keep it to heart. Oh and DNB, i practice ki blast and other variouse ki techniques, so i'd blast down any ki ghosts i dont take favor to nor would i yell out i see them if they were my own. Id use em to excel in concentrating in class.

Well im not sure about a mystical experience. It just feels right in my soul.

Im gonna start training on astral projection then, so i can properly find a guru. Oh and just for you guys to know, i live in South Africa

Well im gonna use ki ghosts to speed up training time. Oh and one last thing. Is it just my imagination, or is there a cloacked human fiqure with a white owls mask at the foot of my bed, please tell me its just my imagination.

you should learn to respect and develop compassion for the spirit world. blasting entities can lead one to trouble.

in fact i can imagine little else it would lead to.

Well thanks for the advice guys. I'll do my best to keep it to heart. Oh and DNB, i practice ki blast and other variouse ki techniques, so i'd blast down any ki ghosts i dont take favor to nor would i yell out i see them if they were my own. Id use em to excel in concentrating in class.

Well im not sure about a mystical experience. It just feels right in my soul.

Im gonna start training on astral projection then, so i can properly find a guru. Oh and just for you guys to know, i live in South Africa

Well im gonna use ki ghosts to speed up training time. Oh and one last thing. Is it just my imagination, or is there a cloacked human fiqure with a white owls mask at the foot of my bed, please tell me its just my imagination.

http://www.thetaobum...post__p__352791

you should learn to respect and develop compassion for the spirit world. blasting entities can lead one to trouble.

in fact i can imagine little else it would lead to.

lol hehe alright, i'll take caution

I notice there is a tendency of many "smart people" to want to jump straight to the higher centers without first building a foundation. Whether this is a good idea is highly debatable.

-My 2 cents, Peace

I would posit from my own experience that the foundation is very important and the third eye should largely be ignored until one is energetically stable.

Edit: For clarification.

Edited by MithShrike

I've noticed the phenomenon lately that as I've increased my meditation time that it seems my desire to know and learn and study almost feels insatiable. Part of the reason I've been on this forum so much lately. Does this come with the territory?

One thing that has crossed my mind is that spiritual people throughout history and throughout all cultures have been medicine men/women, counselors/advisers (be it for a village or for the wealthy), wise men/women who advised on when/where to plant crops, bury the dead, go to war/not go to war, advised on marriages, helped delivered babies (circling back to medicine men/women), etc.

The study of spirituality has always been linked to the study of humanity and the world at large.

Some Western developments in the Renaissance were tied to spirituality (look at certain Hermetic traditions), where alchemy (hoping to refine the soul spiritually by studying the physical counterparts) lead into chemistry, the study of the heavens led to developments in the fields astronomy, mathematics, and physics.

Spirituality teaches patience and observation without ego, leading to right action at the right moment.

Sounds like a great mindset for a psychologist, biologist, chemist, mathematician, engineer, farmer, artist, or anyone to have, really.

So I definitely think the drive to learn more spiritually is very closely tied to the ability to learn and discover period. Any field can help, and be helped by, the study of spirituality (and vice versa).

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 2