ChiDragon

Why is Chi Kung Practitioners are healthier and stronger breathing the same air....?

The Chi Kung practitioners and others are all breathing the same air. Why are they healthier and stronger than others....??? What have the Chi Kung practitioners done differently....???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

The Chi Kung practitioners and others are all breathing the same air. Why are they healthier and stronger than others....??? What have the Chi Kung practitioners done differently....???

Some are, some are not, some are worse. There are examples of people who have done qigong and made themselves sick-or dead. There are examples of people who have never done qigong but lived longer and healthier lives than those that did qigong-or taijiquan, etc.

• Like 3

Sorry, the original question wasn't stated clearly. Since it has been answered properly, I guess we have to leave it to the "some are" group to respond now.....:)

How does Chi Kung help one to develop awareness of the autonomous system...??? What are some of particular things that a practitioner has to do....????

Here is what Buddha has been said to have told to Sariputra when he asked a similar question. "the nectar which nourishes each one differs according to the differences of the merits each has accumulated. "

I don't know how well the translation is, but maybe you could know better than I.

I think one would have to practice . . .

Edited by Informer

Why is Chi Kung Practitioners are healthier and stronger breathing the same air....?

Here is the real question:

When one does Chi Kung involves breathing the same air as others, why is the Chi Kung practitioner gets more benefit than the other...?? What had the practitioner done differently from the others...???

Edited by ChiDragon

Here is the real question:

When one does Chi Kung involves breathing the same air as others, why is the Chi Kung practitioner gets more benefit than the other...?? What had the practitioner done differently from the others...???

You still aren't wording it properly imo . . .

"What does a chi kung practitioner do differently when breathing to get more benefit from the air that is being breathed?"

There could be many explanations imho, but one that I think you are looking for is probably to do with abdominal breathing, or breathing into the dan tien.

• Like 1

They are drawing on things other than the air, to obtain chi, refine and open up meridian channels.

It doesn't have to do with the air as countless others have told you.

What they are drawing on, I don't know. All I know is that when I do stillness movement, or flying phoenix, the energy developed is amazing.. and it isn't from me.

John

You still aren't wording it properly imo . . .

"What does a chi kung practitioner do differently when breathing to get more benefit from the air that is being breathed?"

There could be many explanations imho, but one that I think you are looking for is probably to do with abdominal breathing, or breathing into the dan tien.

The non Chi Kung practitioners and Chi Kung practitioners breathe the same air. It is true, the only difference is abdominal breathing or breathing into the dan tien. Why do you thinking that is only effecting the practitioner instead of the non-practitioner...??? Something must have happened somewhere along the line. There must be a good reason that can be explained.

They are drawing on things other than the air, to obtain chi, refine and open up meridian channels.

What they are drawing on, I don't know. All I know is that when I do stillness movement, or flying phoenix, the energy developed is amazing.. and it isn't from me.

John

We are breathing the air into the nose right in front of us. How can we say it is not the air but assuming some unknown things in the air. What were you thinking....??? That is what I don't understand.

Everybody breathes the same stuff in the air. By logic, everyone should have the same effect but only the Chi Kung practitioners are getting the benefits....??? Why......???

Edited by ChiDragon

From my limited knowledge my theory is that when every breath gives you peace and joy, that will be most beneficial for the body and mind.

From my limited knowledge my theory is that when every breath gives you peace and joy, that will be most beneficial for the body and mind.

Good for you! Please keep it up....:)

John

We are breathing the air into the nose right in front of us. How can we say it is not the air but assuming some unknown things in the air. What were you thinking....??? That is what I don't understand.

Everybody breathes the same stuff in the air. By logic, everyone should have the same effect but only the Chi Kung practitioners are getting the benefits....??? Why......???

What he was referring to and what you don't seem to want to understand, and I realize I am only probably about the 30th person on this board to tell you this, is that BREATH is only one small tool out of MANY utilized in the overall practice of Qigong. Many systems pay no special attention to the breath and yet have the same or greater benefits.

• Like 3

The non Chi Kung practitioners and Chi Kung practitioners breathe the same air. It is true, the only difference is abdominal breathing or breathing into the dan tien. Why do you thinking that is only effecting the practitioner instead of the non-practitioner...??? Something must have happened somewhere along the line. There must be a good reason that can be explained.

It could be providing fresh air to the small intestines and removing stagnation and/or making more oxygen be absorbed? (just a guess)

here is an interesting article may be up your alley.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Inhalation of oxygen improves the hemodynamic status and attenuates the inflammatory response after intestinal ischemia-reperfusion (IR). Yet, the use of hyperoxia is hindered by concerns that it could exacerbate reperfusion injury by increasing free radical formation. We examined the effect of hyperoxia on enterocyte turnover and intestinal preservation and rehabilitation following IR injury in rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19237917

and

3. Gases readily diffuse across the mucosa. The direction of diffusion is dictated by the partial pressure of that gas in blood versus luminal contents. For methane and hydrogen, diffusion is always out of the lumen into blood. Nitrogen and CO2 diffuse in either direction, depending on specific conditions within the individual.

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/largegut/flatus.html

Edited by Informer

The air takes on the qualities which you allow it to take on. For some, they breathe in the essence of life, for others it's just slightly polluted oxygen. Some people spend their whole lives breathing in the same ideas, patterns and blockages that have been circulating through their body since time immemorial. Others finally realize it's time for some fresh air.

• Like 1

It could be providing fresh air to the small intestines and removing stagnation and/or making more oxygen be absorbed? (just a guess)

Bull eyes. Good guess...!!!

Abdominal breathing is making more oxygen to be absorbed but not by clearing the small intestines. It has a lot to do abdominal breathing. Please give me a good reason how does that increase the oxygen content in the body....???

One of the previous articles explains how, I edited it if you go back to look.

Here is evidence for clearing stagnation as benifit, which is:

Over 99% of the bacteria in the gut are anaerobes,[2][3][7][9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora

Anaerobic means:

Anaerobic is a word which literally means without oxygen, as opposed to aerobic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic

Therefore buy flushing small intestines with oxygen you can reduce bacterial growth in the small intestines, some of which could cause health problems.

Edited by Informer

That was only under abnormal conditions. We are not concerning with that at the moment.

Edited by ChiDragon

Preventative measures. :) There are so many different things that can grow in small intestine to harm you I don't want to name them all :P

Diseases: Small Bowel: Infections

Many infections are acute in onset and self-limited, while others are chronic and may be present for years before a patient even becomes aware of a possible infection. As the major function of the small intestine is to digest, absorb and propel food along its length, most clinically important infections of the small intestine will interfere with these functions. Diarrhea is common; other symptoms include bleeding, bloating, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and even features of complete abdominal obstruction. Some infections have characteristic features.

http://www.ddc.musc.edu/public/problems/diseases/smallBowel/infections.cfm

Edited by Informer

The air takes on the qualities which you allow it to take on. For some, they breathe in the essence of life, for others it's just slightly polluted oxygen. Some people spend their whole lives breathing in the same ideas, patterns and blockages that have been circulating through their body since time immemorial. Others finally realize it's time for some fresh air.

"Polluted oxygen"....???

Oxygen is a pure element. Perhaps you mean polluted air.

BTW It was a good metaphor for the messenger rather than the message. It was not just some people spend their whole lives breathing in the same ideas,.....; but all....:)

Here is evidence for clearing stagnation as benifit, which is:

Therefore buy flushing small intestines with oxygen you can reduce bacterial growth in the small intestines, some of which could cause health problems.

Okay. I will settle that as one of the benefits. Is this as far as you will go from here....???