Has anyone here experience with Guru Rinpoche? and the Vajra Guru (Padmasambhava) Mantra: OM AH HUNG VAJRA GURU PEMA SIDDHI HUNG

Some time ago I practiced this mantra / I had/ have an affinity of sorts

I stopped and have not returned to it // I have lost trust in a lot of things...

thinking this mantra or many to be possible traps / evoking entities / energies etc that I have no knowledge etc of

thoughts? :closedeyes:

padmasambhava+%25281%2529.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Have you seen this on the Vajra Guru Mantra?

Benefits of the Vajra Guru Mantra

And this on Guru Rinpoche's Eight Manifestations?

http://www.scribd.co...f-Guru-Rinpoche

Guru Rinpoche and Buddhas in general aren't bastards, they won't shit on you so you can trust the mantra. Buddhas, to paraphrase my teacher, are undeceiving reliable sources of refuge with the wisdom that knows, the compassion that cares and the power to liberate.

Edit: Tpoys

Edited by rex
  • Like 1

Thanks Rex very helpful

I did come across once upon a time

I guess i was wondering if it was possible for a Buddha to deceive?

Why are we so sure about these buddhas?

it is a tough question i guess / can't be sure of anything really

no matter how appealing things seem

but i think I can trust this

I stopped and have not returned to it // I have lost trust in a lot of things...

thinking this mantra or many to be possible traps / evoking entities / energies etc that I have no knowledge etc of

Wanted to mention Swami Saraswati says that when entities arise as part of practice that's a sign that there are still blockages. Once the blockages dissolve the entity/entities will disappear.

Wanted to mention Swami Saraswati says that when entities arise as part of practice that's a sign that there are still blockages. Once the blockages dissolve the entity/entities will disappear.

:) Hello SereneBlue

Havnt encountered any entities

just wondering where my energy / attention is going

hmm

I think I will just make my own mantras up if i feel they are necessary

+ i imagine if someone kept calling my name a billion times... well uno

though i imagine they may get some high off it - like a rock star? people chanting their name?

I think I will just make my own mantras up if i feel they are necessary

:blink: :blink:

You can... but best stick to those proven to be efficacious lest you could happen to tap in to, or attract something undesirable with your own composition. :o

As this link http://www.visiblemantra.org/ will show, mantras are rather intricate, complex, with varying connotations. Used correctly, they can be excellent tools for mind-transformation. Otherwise, some mantras when used haphazardly can be a source of much grief.

A while ago I was trying to do some Tibetan purification mantras on a deities and I felt like I tapped into some sort of ancient energy or feeling, it didn't feel right for me to go there at that time and it felt intimidating so I stopped doing it. It could be that it was my own fear that stopped me but it could also be that it felt alien because it wasn't an appropriate path for me to follow because I am not Tibetan, I have no Buddhists in my ancestors so it could be that that sort of practice simply isn't suitable because it is not my path. I have heard said that for the best chances of success in your spiritual path you need to align with your ancestor spirits otherwise you may get lost.

I personally find mantra to be worthless. I don't use it at all and you may realize that there has been many realizations without them.

I think mantra is just pointers, nothing magic about the words.

Like songs are generally pointing at specific frequencies of sound, while the words attempt to describe the unscribable.

Edited by Informer

A while ago I was trying to do some Tibetan purification mantras on a deities and I felt like I tapped into some sort of ancient energy or feeling, it didn't feel right for me to go there at that time and it felt intimidating so I stopped doing it. It could be that it was my own fear that stopped me but it could also be that it felt alien because it wasn't an appropriate path for me to follow because I am not Tibetan, I have no Buddhists in my ancestors so it could be that that sort of practice simply isn't suitable because it is not my path. I have heard said that for the best chances of success in your spiritual path you need to align with your ancestor spirits otherwise you may get lost.

Thanks Jetsun,

I tend to agree

Thanks CT I think you may be partly :) haha, right also / I do believe words / sounds to have a magically quality about them if you know how to use them properly - I follow my intuition / feeling with sounds... when i feel the need... AAHH EEEE etc just randomly as they come haha (I am a bit strange / to the "normal" folk anyway :))

I ahve read some interesting accounts of yogis

taking life and giving life with different sounds / mantra - true or not who knows :) // everything is vibration?

• Like 1

Thanks CT I think you may be partly :) haha, right also / I do believe words / sounds to have a magically quality about them if you know how to use them properly - I follow my intuition / feeling with sounds... when i feel the need... AAHH EEEE etc just randomly as they come haha (I am a bit strange / to the "normal" folk anyway :))

I ahve read some interesting accounts of yogis

taking life and giving life with different sounds / mantra - true or not who knows :) // everything is vibration?

:) I dont think you're strange.

• Like 1