eye_of_the_storm

East and West

Just curious if anyone follows a western mystical tradition (in addition) and any similarities? differences? with eastern... in a general sense

I believe in ancestral knowledge / blood/ DNA knowing?

Being of European decent I assume if I found the traditions of my ancestor I would resonate more with the teachings... / though i may have had past lives within other racial groups?

although truth is truth

in particular Celtic / Druidic

I have briefly look at Hermetics and Egyptian

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

The world is the same but everyone wears colored sunglasses

I didn't look into Norse mythology that deeply but the creation of the universe fits step by step with chakras

One makes two, two makes everything and so on

I also found chakras in the Genesis but in there they are going in reverse, kinda like it's a fall from grace

It starts from the crown and ends with the root, I can't pinpoint the root exactly but the beginning is very clear

Some say that in the West we once had a complete genuine knowledge and teaching but we lost it. Many people have tried to resurrect Celtic Druidry but it but it is impossible to say that it is the real deal. But the work of John O'Donohue is really good which we talked about here http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/22128-wisdom-from-the-celtic-world/page__p__316330__hl__celtic%20__fromsearch__1entry316330 It is hard to find a genuine working path with Celtic druidry though but it is an interesting area to study.

This might be of interest, seeing you have Irish roots going way back when...

Irish Centre for Shamanic Studies -- http://www.shamanismireland.com/

I live in the West of Ireland, so if ever you're heading this direction, well, be nice to show you around! :)

This might be of interest, seeing you have Irish roots going way back when...

Irish Centre for Shamanic Studies -- http://www.shamanismireland.com/

I live in the West of Ireland, so if ever you're heading this direction, well, be nice to show you around! :)

Thank you CT

I am an O'Domhnaill - Son of the World Mighty! :)

I was born in Australia, though I am called to Ireland

A deep unknown love

When I think of Ireland tears come to my eyes, a sadness, a longing - I don't know why

I shall return one day :)

I have been following www.soul.org

Another western school that I am interested in is www.thedivinescience.org

It seems to me that many Western schools out there are entirely made up and essentially useless. Nice to find ones that aren't.

For me, it would be great to find an authentic Finnish/Saami shaman or 'noaidi' to learn from, since I think that may be part of my blood ancestry. Or basically anything that speaks to me personally...although having supremely awesome methods and philosophies, I'm still keeping my eyes open for the true path of the Scotty.

Edit:

Also, I don't know if this is legit, but it might be worth looking into for you if you have Celtic ancestry...

http://www.faeryshaman.org/fs.htm

Thanks Scotty - I will have a look :)

I have a feeling that the land/ earth will bring forth as does naturally keepers of the wisdom/ earth / ancestors / mediators

perhaps we are called, but yet to find or maybe we have to start again or unlock our DNA / ancestral knowledge somehow

- Before I just saw a video of a Mo Pai/ lineage holder / shaman

who had a vision of the future - / how history was moving on and the old wisdom was vanishing...

will there be new wisdom? or no wisdom? hmmm

Some say that in the West we once had a complete genuine knowledge and teaching but we lost it. Many people have tried to resurrect Celtic Druidry but it but it is impossible to say that it is the real deal. But the work of John O'Donohue is really good which we talked about here http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/22128-wisdom-from-the-celtic-world/page__p__316330__hl__celtic%20__fromsearch__1entry316330 It is hard to find a genuine working path with Celtic druidry though but it is an interesting area to study.

Thanks Jetsun, I will have a look at that also :)

you may find this article interesting

excerpt from http://www.northernway.org/school/onwarticles.html

Vedic Origins of the Europeans: The Danavas, Children of Danu

from http://www.vedanet.com

Note: This article shows how the Proto-European Aryans, like the Celts, were originally a Vedic people called the Danavas or Sudanavas (good Danavas) connected to Vedic kings, sages and yogis.

Many ancient European peoples, particularly the Celts and Germans, regarded themselves as children of Danu, with Danu meaning the Mother Goddess, who was also, like Sarasvati in the Rig Veda, a river Goddess. The Celts called themselves "Tuatha De Danaan", while the Germans had a similar name. Ancient European river names like the Danube and various rivers called Don in Russia, Scotland, England and France reflect this, as do place names like Den-mark (Danava-Marga), to mention but a few. The Danube which flows to the Black Sea is their most important river and could reflect their eastern origins.

In fact, the term Danu or Danava (the plural of Danu) appears to form the substratum of Indo-European identity at the base of the Hellenic, Illyro-Venetic, Italo-Celtic, Germanic and Balto-Slavic elements. The northern Greeks were also called Danuni. Therefore, the European Aryans could probably all be called Danavas.

///

The world is the same but everyone wears colored sunglasses

I didn't look into Norse mythology that deeply but the creation of the universe fits step by step with chakras

One makes two, two makes everything and so on

I also found chakras in the Genesis but in there they are going in reverse, kinda like it's a fall from grace

It starts from the crown and ends with the root, I can't pinpoint the root exactly but the beginning is very clear

Interesting stuff Sinfest - I have looked into Norse mythology a little myself, never made teh chakra connection :)

Odins story is an interesting one

Before the world existed, he and his two younger brothers, Vili and Ve, killed the primal frost giant Ymir. They used Ymir's bones, blood, and flesh to form the universe. Odin arranged the heavens for the gods, the middle world for humans and dwarfs, and the underworld for the dead. He then created the first man and woman from an ash tree and an elm tree.

Odin was credited with great wisdom, including knowledge of magic and divination. He had paid a high price for this gift, however, giving one of his eyes in exchange for a drink from the well of Mimir. The waters of this well, which seeped from among the roots of the World Tree Yggdrasill, contained great wisdom. Another myth says that Odin stabbed himself with his magical spear, called Gungnir, and hung from Yggdrasill for nine days and nights in a living death. This self-sacrifice gave him knowledge of the runes, the Norse symbols used for writing and fortune-telling.

Read more: Odin - Myth Encyclopedia - mythology, god, names, tree, snake, war, norse, world, creation, king http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Ni-Pa/Odin.html#ixzz1tSNENPa1

@ Zhongyongdaoist

Thanks for the perspective

excellent videos too hahah - DAO!

My link - Rachmaninov- divine liturgy- Our Father - Отче наш

:)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Hmm....I wish fivelementao was still on the forum. He is a high level practitioner whom is doing a lot of work to recover ancient Teutonic Shamanic Traditions. Defintely worth checking out.

Here's his site: http://www.thunderwizard.com/

He also has podcasts.

Just keep in mind, it's almost completely inauthentic and his own invention. Not recovered.

From what I've seen of Western Traditions some of them are just rebranded Eastern Tradition. I saw a woman once talking about "Christian" meditation. She said when you breathe in say "Jesus" and breathe out say "Christ". She's actually selling a book with this method. LOL

As far as genuine Western Tradition outside of Christian Mysticism (which also heavily borrows from the East) and Kabbalah (don't know a bunch about it), I'm not sure there's much out there that's authentic.

Rosicrucianism might be the oldest continual Western tradition. I know the current Druids aren't directly linked to the old tradition of Druidry. I'd venture to guess much of the knowledge was driven out of Celtic lands by Christians invaders.

Indeed, much of the ancient traditions have been lost.

However, according to my studies and from my own experiences i have found that there is no lock and bolt on esoteric knowledge...you can intuit and pull anything you need from the source, everything that was and is can be found if you are open to it.

IMO there is no "original tradition", it all comes from the source, nor does anyone own an individual tradition but are merely "care-takers" for sacred knowledge and are there to protect and make sure that it retains its original purpose and fundamental integrity.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

Hmm....I wish fivelementao was still on the forum. He is a high level practitioner whom is doing a lot of work to recover ancient Teutonic Shamanic Traditions. Defintely worth checking out.

Here's his site: http://www.thunderwizard.com/

He also has podcasts.

reading through the stuff now, cheers!

@Zhongyongdaoist - I appreciate your response and insights, do you have a blog or something? (edit: http://innersagetao.net cool :) )

Building on your last post:

The Notitia contains the earliest known depictions of the diagram which later came to be known as yin and yang symbol.[1][2][3] The infantry units armigeri defensores seniores ("shield-bearers") and Mauri Osismiaci had a shield design which corresponds to the dynamic, clockwise version of the symbol.[1] The emblem of the Thebaei, another Western Roman infantry regiment, featured a pattern of concentric circles comparable to its static version. The Roman patterns predate the earliest Taoist versions by almost seven hundred years.[1]

^ a b c d Giovanni Monastra: The "Yin-Yang" among the Insignia of the Roman Empire?, Sophia, Bd. 6, Nr. 2 (2000)

Notitia_Dignitatum_-_Magister_Peditum_4.jpg

500px-Armigeri_defensores_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png

Ornamental_Bronze_Plaque,_Celtic_Horse-gear,_Santon,_Norfolk_(Detail).jpg

^ In Celtic art, the motif of two interlocking commas that appear to swirl is a recurrent one which can be traced back to the late 5th century BC.[9] With a view to the much later Chinese symbol, art historians of the La Tène culture refer anachronistically to these clinging pairs as "yin yang".[1]

Ancient languages are fascinating, I have only just began looking into this...

amazed at the similarities

Basically if you can read Sanskrit you can read Old Slavic

+ old runic alphabets found in ancient Egypt?

The mythologies are very similar also

- For the most part the history we were taught at school is complete bogus

for some reason there has been great effort to keep the past hidden, distorted etc

this passage always has me intrigued

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8).

Arkaim: Russia’s Ancient City & the Arctic Origin of Civilisation

"The Babylonians believed in a mysterious paradise in “the far north” where a race of great sages lived; and the ancient Greeks too extolled a northern Elysium in which they believed the Hyperboreans, a wise, peaceful and long-lived race, lived in great splendour and prosperity. Even though Delphi was regarded as the centre of the Greek world, its god Apollo and his sister, the goddess Artemis, were acknowledged to be originally deities of this secret land far to the north, where stood the cosmic axle that the Greeks called Helice, “That Which Turns.” Many Greek historians as well as later scholars located this northern paradise in Scythia or the Altai, and as having its source in the shamanism that grew up around the semi-mythical magicians and pole-lords of Altai. But research and sacred tradition both suggest its origins go further back still to northeastern Asia within the Arctic Circle, to a society that flourished on the shores of the Siberian Sea."

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/arkaim-russias-ancient-city-the-arctic-origin-of-civilisation

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air