tulku

Why man must give up Food and Sex in order to Evolve

What tools and strategy are you going to use to fight this war? It can't be fought in the ordinary way or you just end up with repressing your lust which just strengthens it in the long run and leads to internal conflict as those energies are now in the dark of your subconscious where they fester and get twisted and perverted. So you need to keep your lust in the light of your consciousness without letting it dominate you, so this war requires a specific attitude and approach based on wisdom rather than aggression.

Very well put. I know the truth of this from my own experiences. Repression through aggressive self-denial is never good. You have to be kind, patient and loving with yourself and recognize this expression of Nature within yourself as the benevolent and neutral force that it is, and treat it with respect. Thats the only way to get any measure of true control over it, along with practises for transmutation/cultivation.

It would be great if we could all burn up Kama with fire from the third eye like Siva in one fit of righteous anger, but that kind of thing is not really attainable in a less-than-enlightened state. Even great rishis are shown having falls to lust after aeons of sadhana. How does a mortal with a bad temper figure he will ever conquer lust completely because of the desire to do so alone?

So long as the body exists, and one has not attained Nirbikalpa samadhi, there will be lust and the potential for lust latent in the mind.

Edited by goldenfox

Life is all about war.

You either destroy your lust or your lust destroy you.

Make a choice.

Maybe your life is all about war perhaps, which is quite sad. Life is about love, not war. The more we fight something, the more we strengthen it - resistance creates counter-resistance and inner tension. Also this 'inner civil war' mentality creates huge issues out of things that needn't be issues. It's the ego that does this...our true nature isn't at war with anything, how could it be? It is everything, the totality. It grasps at nothing, struggles at nothing - it just IS...

I also don't believe you can 'fight' or 'destroy' your lust. If your lust has become a harmful obstruction, you simply drain it of its power by focussing your energies and attentions elsewhere and creating new, healthier vasanas. It can be done, and although it requires persistence and concerted effort, it needn't be a struggle.

• Like 1

Tulku, out of curiosity, would you consider joining a monastery? If so, which one would you join? Any particular sect or even better, is there a particular monastery that you might have your eye on.

Very well put. I know the truth of this from my own experiences. Repression through aggressive self-denial is never good. You have to be kind, patient and loving with yourself and recognize this expression of Nature within yourself as the benevolent and neutral force that it is, and treat it with respect. Thats the only way to get any measure of true control over it, along with practises for transmutation/cultivation.

It would be great if we could all burn up Kama with fire from the third eye like Siva in one fit of righteous anger, but that kind of thing is not really attainable in a less-than-enlightened state. Even great rishis are shown having falls to lust after aeons of sadhana. How does a mortal with a bad temper figure he will ever conquer lust completely because of the desire to do so alone?

So long as the body exists, and one has not attained Nirbikalpa samadhi, there will be lust and the potential for lust latent in the mind.

How do you know that one can't burn up all karma with fire from the third eye like Siva?

How do you know one can't destroy lust with his Will alone?

Have you tried it? Obviously you have not otherwise you wouldn't be here talking bs.

Are you the Creator himself who profess to know the spiritual potential of every living soul on earth?

As I said before, the fact that you can't destroy lust before attaining Samadhi doesn't mean others can't do it.

Plenty of monks before me have destroyed lust and plenty of monks after me will continue to do so.

How do you know that one can't burn up all karma with fire from the third eye like Siva?

How do you know one can't destroy lust with his Will alone?

Have you tried it? Obviously you have not otherwise you wouldn't be here talking bs.

Are you the Creator himself who profess to know the spiritual potential of every living soul on earth?

As I said before, the fact that you can't destroy lust before attaining Samadhi doesn't mean others can't do it.

Plenty of monks before me have destroyed lust and plenty of monks after me will continue to do so.

Tulku, you sure do talk alot for some who is in pursuit of enlightenment. If you have any techniques on eliminating lust, please do share your experience.

What tools and strategy are you going to use to fight this war? It can't be fought in the ordinary way or you just end up with repressing your lust which just strengthens it in the long run and leads to internal conflict as those energies are now in the dark of your subconscious where they fester and get twisted and perverted. So you need to keep your lust in the light of your consciousness without letting it dominate you, so this war requires a specific attitude and approach based on wisdom rather than aggression.

I am going to fight this war in me with Complete Aggression. With Complete Righteous Anger.

What the fart can you or anyone else in here gonna do about it?

I am going to farking eliminate all Lust in me until I win or I die.

What the fart can you or anyone else in here gonna do about it?

Tulku, you sure do talk alot for some who is in pursuit of enlightenment. If you have any techniques on eliminating lust, please do share your experience.

Why don't you search my posts?

Why don't you search my posts?

No thank you. For some reason your bold statements and snappy come backs in particular are not inspiring.

My mistake for thinking there might be some value.

No thank you. For some reason your bold statements and snappy come backs in particular are not inspiring.

My mistake for thinking there might be some value.

Do I give a damn?

Tulku, out of curiosity, would you consider joining a monastery? If so, which one would you join? Any particular sect or even better, is there a particular monastery that you might have your eye on.

Do you think I do not know why you all have been creating threads after threads about how lust shouldn't be destroyed but to be worked with instead?

Do you all think I do not know what the game is and my place in it?

Do you think that even the monks can prevent me from starting a War against Them?

Anyone who refuse to join in my crusades would be considered a traitor and be punished accordingly.

This I can Promise you.

Maybe your life is all about war perhaps, which is quite sad. Life is about love, not war. The more we fight something, the more we strengthen it - resistance creates counter-resistance and inner tension. Also this 'inner civil war' mentality creates huge issues out of things that needn't be issues. It's the ego that does this...our true nature isn't at war with anything, how could it be? It is everything, the totality. It grasps at nothing, struggles at nothing - it just IS...

I also don't believe you can 'fight' or 'destroy' your lust. If your lust has become a harmful obstruction, you simply drain it of its power by focussing your energies and attentions elsewhere and creating new, healthier vasanas. It can be done, and although it requires persistence and concerted effort, it needn't be a struggle.

What your beliefs are none of my concern nor does your beliefs have any place in my reality.

Life is all about war. About destroying the evil in one's soul with the good in one's soul.

And this is the beautiful thing about the war.

When one is victorious over by forcing good over evil, like how Buddha finally achieved enlightenment and he let out a lion's roar, you will find that no woman will ever compare to complete liberation.

I am going to f88king destroy, stamp out, eliminate, in essence commit genocide on Lust and Love and Sex and no one, least of all, you or anyone else in this forum, can do jack about it.

Do you think I do not know why you all have been creating threads after threads about how lust shouldn't be destroyed but to be worked with instead?

Do you think that even the monks can prevent me from starting a War against Them?

Anyone who refuse to join in my crusades would be considered a traitor and be punished accordingly.

This I can Promise you.

Are you drunk?

Tulku, you get crazier by the day. I hope you don't end up hurting anyone.

Also, do you have friends that you can hang out with? It can be very helpful to just chill and have some fun with people that you like.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

How about you give up food and sex Mr Tulku and then report back on your own evolution?

---fed up with people advocating that other people do or do not do whatever if they haven't tried it themselves first alert---

Wait, didn't I just advocate?

Anyway, last time I read anything about evolution, seems both food and sex were pretty key to the whole shebang.

• Like 2

"Tantra says be aware of the desire; do not create any fight. Move into desire with full consciousness, and when you do, you transcend it." - Osho

• Like 1

This is what im talking about. The imbalance caused by an attitude like yours tulku is precisely the thing that will actually prevent you from conquering lust. You are just becoming your own worst enemy this way.

Go have a good hearty meal, find a nice girl and get laid and blow off some steam. Learn to be more yin with your sexual desire, then being yang with it will not create so much resistance. Then control will take less effort by itself.

Are you drunk?

He has been roleplaying since he first joined.

But moving on - the only way to really conquer lust is to give up pitbulls! Wait. :wacko:

I'll just go listen to a soundbite or watch a short YouTube video now. :lol:

I am going to f88king destroy, stamp out, eliminate, in essence commit genocide on Lust and Love and Sex and no one, least of all, you or anyone else in this forum, can do jack about it.

Wow. What can I say except good luck in your...um...genocide? Personally if I were you I'd probably work on my anger issues first of all. But whatever floats your boat...

What's interesting is that most spiritual and particularly monastic traditions emphasise overcoming desire, lust, sex impulses NOT because there is anything inherently wrong with them - because there's not, they're just part of the functioning of consciousness as it operates through these bodies. It's simply to allow for a more tranquil, undisturbed mind, to enable one to direct one's attention to meditative self-enquiry, etc; turning away from the objective world and sustaining focus on the Self/no-self/whatever...

The danger is, as appears to be the case here, when you overly fixate on them and end up with a far more conflicted, restless and disturbed mind than ever before. My Vedanta teachers makes it clear the problem is not the body or anything else. The problem is simply lack of self-knowledge and our tendency to identify ourselves with our bodies and minds - essentially what-we-are getting lost in what-we-are-not. If we truly knew what we are, as limitless consciousness/awareness, there wouldn't be a problem. No striving, no trying to change the body and mind and no striving to 'evolve' into anything other than what we are and always have been. But that's just my experience.

• Like 2

View Postthelerner, on 07 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

This I can Promise you.

just a suggestion.

I was kinda hoping you'd consider joining a monastery so you could be at peace with them and maybe the world. Perhaps away from the distractions and having days full of hard work and inner contemplation would be just the ticket to channel your energies in a productive way.

Why not look into. There is much you'd have to surrender but much you'd gain from a such a path. You're focusing too much on others and dark places, its effecting you negatively. Find a place of peace and regeneration. You won't giving up your values, just your anger.

• Like 1

http://postmasculine.com/evolution

Tulku, if you mean 'not letting your energy get dissipated' and re-channeling it into 'other areas', well, as far as I know, that would be the fast-track 'Kundalini' way but it's not about suppression nor acting on every sexual impulse IME. It's pretty hard to explain what happens once you 'let' your own sex energy go without clamping down or resisting every sensation. It doesn't mean you're off having lots of sex all the time, although there is a period where that happens (not that I'd know anything about that :ninja: )

While I was pondering this stuff, I also came up with the link to "Daemon" ( sounds awfully close to 'demon' doesn't it?) which is supposedly the connection to one's creativity and inspiration/muse.

I, nobody must do anything - unless your overloads tell you to. :P

The things posted are valid to a degree

and to the degree of the person reading them

We (society) do need a lot of refining in terms of diet and sexuality

Only .01% maybe ready for such as the above... living on light etc

Repression can be corrosive

As Osho would say..something like - have sex, have lots of sex, have so much sex you come to a point where you no longer desire it... then you can focus on the path... but do not repress and try to practice while sex, sex, sex is always on your mind.

He had a little story:

Monks always went to him asking about sex

Prostitutes went to him and asked him about spiritual things

- the prostitutes are more qualified for spiritual teaching?

I dont think no.no is 100% necessary

but we do need to refine

Most of the accounts of Taoist sages/ immortals (that i have read (limited)) - diet was very limited (but expanding) - fresh mountain herbs and pure water + air

which one could say is light?

light + water (liquid light?) = plants, fruit, trees?

Everything is just a dense form of light (sound?(OM?))... enlightenment... maybe referring to weight also / density of things... one must become lighter...lighter than air? maybe thats how the immortals could fly through the sky... i believe it totally.

Mountain herbs + pure air, water = very light forms of energy... you are what you eat.

Its a science, not speculation.

Then i suppose we move onto cosmic sex and eternal/infinite mirrors...eyes, window? and union with the divine through sex...

but how many ppl have met another with such ideals, willing to practice?

One has sex to transcend, not out of lust... perhaps out of deep devotion on a number of levels // sacred union of yin and yang

Shiva and Shakti

:-) Good points here.

I lived in a temple for some time, 1hour sleep(by choice and due to practicing, which gave me loads of energy and sustenance) Needed water less and less, and lived on 1 meal at noon (by choice and by feeling less to eat food).

Once I left and resumed teaching full time in the city, though maintaining practice, I did resume eating. Funny, I didn't want to waste the food I made the night before, and while eating it, found it to have gone sour. An hour later had food poisoning.. hahaha but it passed in an hour. The hour felt like it was much longer. It was dead summer, and anything left out for more than 30 minutes went bad fast.

But refining is needed, and practice leading up to the stages where the body will need less physical sustenance. Done gradually rather than suddenly is safer.

• Like 1

View Postthelerner, on 07 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

just a suggestion.

I was kinda hoping you'd consider joining a monastery so you could be at peace with them and maybe the world. Perhaps away from the distractions and having days full of hard work and inner contemplation would be just the ticket to channel your energies in a productive way.

Why not look into. There is much you'd have to surrender but much you'd gain from a such a path. You're focusing too much on others and dark places, its effecting you negatively. Find a place of peace and regeneration. You won't giving up your values, just your anger.

I am already in a Monastery.

My One-Man Monastery.

Who says you can to join an established order of monks in order to become a monk and practice the values and teachings of a monk.

The anger I get is looking at all this lust bs on the net.

Reminds me of all the reasons why I separate myself from the rest of humanity.

This is what im talking about. The imbalance caused by an attitude like yours tulku is precisely the thing that will actually prevent you from conquering lust. You are just becoming your own worst enemy this way.

Go have a good hearty meal, find a nice girl and get laid and blow off some steam. Learn to be more yin with your sexual desire, then being yang with it will not create so much resistance. Then control will take less effort by itself.

With this attitude of yours, no enlightened and awakened being will liberate you.

Not even if he decides to liberate the rest of the world.

Wow. What can I say except good luck in your...um...genocide? Personally if I were you I'd probably work on my anger issues first of all. But whatever floats your boat...

What's interesting is that most spiritual and particularly monastic traditions emphasise overcoming desire, lust, sex impulses NOT because there is anything inherently wrong with them - because there's not, they're just part of the functioning of consciousness as it operates through these bodies. It's simply to allow for a more tranquil, undisturbed mind, to enable one to direct one's attention to meditative self-enquiry, etc; turning away from the objective world and sustaining focus on the Self/no-self/whatever...

The danger is, as appears to be the case here, when you overly fixate on them and end up with a far more conflicted, restless and disturbed mind than ever before. My Vedanta teachers makes it clear the problem is not the body or anything else. The problem is simply lack of self-knowledge and our tendency to identify ourselves with our bodies and minds - essentially what-we-are getting lost in what-we-are-not. If we truly knew what we are, as limitless consciousness/awareness, there wouldn't be a problem. No striving, no trying to change the body and mind and no striving to 'evolve' into anything other than what we are and always have been. But that's just my experience.

Monastic Traditions do not view sex as anything wrong.

They just view sex as animalistic desires possess by animals and not evolved human beings.

So if you wanna be an animal, go on ahead and indulge in sex.