Marblehead

Lily Of The Day

When I click on the thumbnail flower, it blooms into full size and floods my screen with chi magic!

Yet, the Tao it speaks of is not the eternal Tao.

How many megapixels will it take?

When I click on the thumbnail flower, it blooms into full size and floods my screen with chi magic!

Yet, the Tao it speaks of is not the eternal Tao.

How many megapixels will it take?

That was cute. Caused a giggle and a smile.

But then, the flowers are not eternal either.

That was cute. Caused a giggle and a smile.

But then, the flowers are not eternal either.

The flowers may wither, but they continuously reborn to channel a timeless beauty that is more than words can say.

I look forward to your tulips.

The flowers may wither, but they continuously reborn to channel a timeless beauty that is more than words can say.

I look forward to your tulips.

The only tulips I have are on my face and I'm sure you really don't want to see them.

Goodmorning , Last night I was reading your old Neitche thread , that was a really good thread you had going. I liked the shepherding process you were doing for it. It reminds me of the Chuang thread and it fits with a theme of wanting to stay on topic , which I usually dont do for long , but can appreciate.

Do you want this thread to stick to topic or is it as much an invitation to just BS?

Stosh

Funny. The past couple days I have been thinking of getting the Nietzsche/Chuang Tzu thread going again and then yesterday someone posted to it. Guess what I will be getting back to very soon.

Initially, I had hoped that this thread would be only pictures of lilies but that would have been nothing more than trying to place my desires on everyone else. How ugly is that? Therefore, when someone wanted to comment I gladly replied. The additional comments have no effect on the pictures and we have had some nice exchanges of words and pictures.

I will continue to post a lily picture daily regardless of how off-topic the comments/discussions become. No harm done.

In a philosophical discussion it would be nice if comments could stay on topic but then I oftentimes ask myself, "Is that really moving with Tao?" It would, of course, make the flow of the discussion more readable but it would also set limits on others being able to participate in the discussion.

Is there really a "right" way? I don't know.

But, I would like any comments/discussions be centered within the areas of flowers and gardening though.

BTW, a couple Trumpet flowers opened yesterday. The Creeping Trumpets had taken a couple weeks off from flowering, I suppose in order to regain energy and give energy to vine growth.

I like wandering threads for some topics , some are started it seems ,with that in mind

Then others were started to get a particular answer , that once gotten , the starter sort

of walks off and leaves the thread running.

For that Fred thread you were monitoring it and keeping it on a track, you allowed momentary diversions

but you didnt abandon the conversational point.

So , it makes sense that its up to the initiator to guide a thread if they want it guided.

Simple as that.

Did you notice your writing style isnt the same now as back then? I thought it a marked difference.

Hmmm.

I dont have a yard anymore, but I checked out what I thought was Venus this morning.

I still dont know where your post was going on that , I hope I didnt annoy.

Stosh

I like wandering threads for some topics , some are started it seems ,with that in mind

Then others were started to get a particular answer , that once gotten , the starter sort

of walks off and leaves the thread running.

For that Fred thread you were monitoring it and keeping it on a track, you allowed momentary diversions

but you didnt abandon the conversational point.

So , it makes sense that its up to the initiator to guide a thread if they want it guided.

Simple as that.

Did you notice your writing style isnt the same now as back then? I thought it a marked difference.

Hmmm.

I dont have a yard anymore, but I checked out what I thought was Venus this morning.

I still dont know where your post was going on that , I hope I didnt annoy.

Stosh

Hehehe. Off topic again. Sheeezze!!!!!

Valid about what you said about threads. It really is up to the initiator to determine how off topic they are willing to allow the thread to go and how long they try to keep it active.

No, I didn't notice that my writing style had changed. But then, I have changed, so it is understandable.

Yes, Venus was in her proper place this morning although here where I live she was shrouded by clouds. I think that I really wasn't going anywhere with that inclusion in the thread - it just seemed like something I should say.

No, you didn't annoy, Stosh. I don't even have any idea what you said that might annoy me. It takes a lot to do that, like saying that Taoism was created by Buddhists.

I like to see the Lily each day.

Nietzsche/Chang-tzu...

(Snog, Marry, Avoid?)...

now that sounds interesting.

Bring it on bro.

:)

Indeed, seeing a different flower every morning is inspiring, IMO.

I will lookk at getting that thread going again later on if nothing new presents itself that needs attended to. Just finished cleaning one of the pond filters and am taking a break then it is off to buy more food for the fish.