Sign in to follow this  
hagar

To make a long story short, realignment of the spine is a strange and murky process.

On one level it feels like my bones are on fire. On a more subsidiary level, all these issues that I was not aware of related to my internal organs, are flaring up. From top to bottom.

Have any of you guys had any old issues flaring up when you have worked on the spine. And how did you deal with it?

Oh yes I had old issues flaring up. Not very pleasent.

Working on old issues is best adressed from every possible angle (this is what helped me):

-physical : watching the food/drink intake and regulating it as needed individually, keeping the body reasnobly fit and healthy. Relationship with money/job.

-mentally/emotionally: reflection and being aware and present as much as possible which in turn allows better relationships and easy adjustment to enviroment and situation as they occur

-spiritually doing whatever cultivation one usually does and also keeping that in check and refelecting werther it requires some adjustment

Letting go of concepts of what the things/life/relationships should be like and adjusting to the circumstances as they develop - flexibility. Letting go mentally, emotionally, internally relaxing instead of clenching . Willing to enter unknown and be more led by/operated by life, instead of my ideas of life.

Allowing for perspective to be completley changed and a sort of gentelness to take over life that is everflowing and easy, instead of old borders of right and wrongs.

It seems that everything needs to be faced and adressed on all levels ,heart must be polished constantly.

Being well intentioned and trying to be a decent human being is both a great help emotionally, energetically as well as a protection ,allowing for more peace to enter.

This is all interconnected as well with the energetic aspect. When the neck and head start to open more the whole system starts to balance itself out , that is where and why preferd energy practises are helpful and do work.

Watching for breath to flow evenly in the both nostrils heleped me too.

If finaces allow visiting a super expirienced bodyworker would be helpful too.

• Like 1

hello hagar.

the first bit of qigong I ever did was the exercise sufisifu posted. My spine was on fire. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrning. I thought maybe I had an awful spine disease.

the next thing to do is five animals. or whatever is your favourite alchemy for inner cleansing : just clear out the toxins being released into your system. I did a lot of healing sounds for a long time and I also got a rash on my face for a long time and oily skin like major detox symptoms.

not get drawn into the narratives the blockages want to tell as they emerge, except if you do , it helps to do the honopononononno thing.

Good advice Cat.

Hagar, I got through the worst of it with help from an acupuncturist. But also had to change things in my life. Not finished. Work in progress.

Cat, I like the idea of hopononono (or whatever) but personally disagree that you can use it in the absence of the other parties included in the 'narrative' .

Also, heart centre meditations I found "cooling" for want of a better term. Also emptiness meditation. Also not paying attention to the visuals and other 'stuff'.

Oh yes I had old issues flaring up. Not very pleasent.

Working on old issues is best adressed from every possible angle (this is what helped me):

-physical : watching the food/drink intake and regulating it as needed individually, keeping the body reasnobly fit and healthy. Relationship with money/job.

-mentally/emotionally: reflection and being aware and present as much as possible which in turn allows better relationships and easy adjustment to enviroment and situation as they occur

-spiritually doing whatever cultivation one usually does and also keeping that in check and refelecting werther it requires some adjustment

Letting go of concepts of what the things/life/relationships should be like and adjusting to the circumstances as they develop - flexibility. Letting go mentally, emotionally, internally relaxing instead of clenching . Willing to enter unknown and be more led by/operated by life, instead of my ideas of life.

Allowing for perspective to be completley changed and a sort of gentelness to take over life that is everflowing and easy, instead of old borders of right and wrongs.

It seems that everything needs to be faced and adressed on all levels ,heart must be polished constantly.

Being well intentioned and trying to be a decent human being is both a great help emotionally, energetically as well as a protection ,allowing for more peace to enter.

This is all interconnected as well with the energetic aspect. When the neck and head start to open more the whole system starts to balance itself out , that is where and why preferd energy practises are helpful and do work.

Watching for breath to flow evenly in the both nostrils heleped me too.

If finaces allow visiting a super expirienced bodyworker would be helpful too.

Great advice. Never thought spinal work opens up such deep vistas of exploration.

Things have eased up a bit. This sense of how spinal alignment actually forces the whole body and psyche to also realign is something that has a deep and profound meaning for me as I have experienced several injuries and traumas to the spine and neck.

h

hello hagar.

the first bit of qigong I ever did was the exercise sufisifu posted. My spine was on fire. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrning. I thought maybe I had an awful spine disease.

the next thing to do is five animals. or whatever is your favourite alchemy for inner cleansing : just clear out the toxins being released into your system. I did a lot of healing sounds for a long time and I also got a rash on my face for a long time and oily skin like major detox symptoms.

not get drawn into the narratives the blockages want to tell as they emerge, except if you do , it helps to do the honopononononno thing.

Thanks Cat. Actually I experienced the detox issues a couple of days BEFORE the retreat. Go figure.

Five animals are great!

From my experience, this flaring up of problems is now been accompanied by this sense that the spine and limbs are inclined to do these subtle gestures, very soft, almost like prayers or incantations.

h

Good advice Cat.

Hagar, I got through the worst of it with help from an acupuncturist. But also had to change things in my life. Not finished. Work in progress.

Cat, I like the idea of hopononono (or whatever) but personally disagree that you can use it in the absence of the other parties included in the 'narrative' .

Also, heart centre meditations I found "cooling" for want of a better term. Also emptiness meditation. Also not paying attention to the visuals and other 'stuff'.

Thanks K

Funny you mention the notion of wanting to change. Seems like spinal work brings with it the awareness of direction and the right and wrong way to go. Forces major re-callibration of basis of life choices, wants, likes, and motivations. Very strange.

h

It's the "destructive" aspect of "kundalini".

Change is a given but if you've been 'holding' anything that is not in line with life (in this case one's own) then it just has to go.

Also resolution of (for want of a better word) 'karma'.

This is not always to one's liking.

---opinion from some experience alert---

It sounds like you're doing real good work, but also need a balance. Do you eat vegetables?

If not many I suggest switching a meal of yours with greeny vegetables, being you don't want your internal organs to over heat, as the way you've mentioned it. It sounds like you're heating up a bit. still try to eat plenty of food aswell.

Again sounds like you're doing good work, the bones feeling like they're on fire is a great sign, good progress.

Glad to see you have time to do this particular practice, what with how busy you are.

I'm (very slowly) working through a Dragon Gate Sanctuary bagua dvd. It's my first venture into bagua, which is full of twisting - the whole body is twisted - all the joints including the spine twisted (not extremely), and I'm working on the first exercise that is in a twisted position, "dragon rolls over". Gentley moves the whole body (including spine) in a kind of pulsing way. (As I've mentioned elsewhere,) it's the best kidney massage exercise I've ever tried. Kind of doing incredible things that are healing my kidneys and lower back and connecting my upper and lower body. Probably I wouldn't recommend it to someone whose spine is immediately on fire right now, but as a long term exercise that addresses the spine - that exercise and I suspect bagua in general - interesting. (Sorry for the stream of consciousness paragraph; it's early.)

- Keith

I had the bones "on fire from within" thing as well and it was pretty scaryweird. I've since read that this is a common occurrence. It didn't last very long.

Dreams tend to be more literal too. I'd take a stab and say my unconscious 'feels' it doesn't have to veil things quite so much to pass me messages. Of course I'm still somewhat dismembered. I still refer to my 'gut feeling' as coming from somewhere else when of course it's still me :)

I think the hardest things for me to deal with/accept are wrong relationsips and wrong "livelihood" resolving. In the case of wrong relationships, this has meant their end. And they didn't go out with a whisper.

My meditation practice has been opening my spine in a slow and steady manner. The neck, head and chest are re-calibrating and aligning. Feels good to feel jaw connect to feet when walking. :) This morning, energy is penetrating out of cranium. Not too unpleasant. However, not normal. :lol:

Sounds like your practise is going really well. :)

Always love to read your posts about it Rainbow , it is fresh and stimulating .

• Like 1

Change is a given but if you've been 'holding' anything that is not in line with life (in this case one's own) then it just has to go.

K you seriously make me laugh with these opinion alerts :lol: .

It is true what you say, many misalighments and various illnesses are directly influnced by our mental/emotional well being. We do 'hold things' and cause the to stagnate which translates as some sort of illness/misalighment on physical level.

• Like 1

K you seriously make me laugh with these opinion alerts :lol: .

It is true what you say, many misalighments and various illnesses are directly influnced by our mental/emotional well being. We do 'hold things' and cause the to stagnate which translates as some sort of illness/misalighment on physical level.

Hehehe SIMY:-) Good to make people laugh with this stuff. It's serious yes but it can get so stuffy! I reckon that's just a North American thing.

I put the opinion alerts in to remind people that it's only my opinion and my experiences I'm ever talking about. I think it's far too easy to forget that part:-)

Kate; I'm reluctant to borrow concepts such as "kundalini", yet what appears to happen is that that apparent deep blockages and "shadows" in the actual physical structure of my bones and ligaments are flaring up, and like a christmas tree they seem to light up and actualize issues related to the organs and glands. It's like starting up an old spaceship that you thought was just part of the landscape. It feels ancient in a way. Makes me wonder about inherited conditioning, or the conditioning that is granted to us from even before conception.

What strikes me is the actual physicality of the whole thing. It's not psychological, nor really energetic in the conventional way. It feels more like the whole area of the coccyx, lower spine and the whole lower Jiao is infused with information that I have no real grasp of. The same form of "quickening" seems to occur through my Nei Dan practice; the speed and intensity of deep energetic structures are brought back to life, or awakened, by the fusion of prenatal and postnatal energy.

Spinal work opens the energetic pathways that also lights up this stuff, and it's as if this is not usually part of my equation when working with Jing or Chi aspects in my system. It reminds me of what my teacher said about the deeply rooted informatin that is contained within the body light, and the light of the spine.

h

Edited by hagar

I'm (very slowly) working through a Dragon Gate Sanctuary bagua dvd. It's my first venture into bagua, which is full of twisting - the whole body is twisted - all the joints including the spine twisted (not extremely), and I'm working on the first exercise that is in a twisted position, "dragon rolls over". Gentley moves the whole body (including spine) in a kind of pulsing way. (As I've mentioned elsewhere,) it's the best kidney massage exercise I've ever tried. Kind of doing incredible things that are healing my kidneys and lower back and connecting my upper and lower body. Probably I wouldn't recommend it to someone whose spine is immediately on fire right now, but as a long term exercise that addresses the spine - that exercise and I suspect bagua in general - interesting. (Sorry for the stream of consciousness paragraph; it's early.)

- Keith

Great feedback Keith. I looked at some bagua vids last night with my son =)... We ended up copying them, but junior seems to get the nack of it sooner than me.

Funny you should mention the spine and kindey relationship. In the form we were taught(Snake gong) there is some subtle standing practice that is a sort of foundational, or preparatory work for working more deeply on the spine. The heels are very important, and the connection btw the heels are the key to opening the energy. What was fascinating was when we were playing with the connetion between the heels as one leg was in a circular pendulum, and the other was still. What happens was a deep soothing of the kidneys. My teacher said that this gathers the light of the leg/bones and thus gathers the light back into the root of the leg, which is the kidney. Deeply soothing. What struck me was how the leg/hip/kidney relationship is extrememly important, and gathering the light back into the lower body is one of the fastest ways to heal bone and kidney issues.

h

Hi Hagar!

Don't use the concept if you don't want to:-) However, if it applies, could be useful:-)

I'm no expert K spotter but it sounds awfully like it!

No, I don't think we are used to the embodied part of information. We tend to see body as under control of mind.

Sign in to follow this