Pero

Robert Peng

Cultivating Dian Gong (Electric Cultivation/Skill) is not an easy thing. Lots of compression of Qi, strengthening of intention/will. Changing of the tendons, and ligaments, bone marrow. Obviously takes time, but can be cultivated with a dilligent mind, and without straying from practice.

Peace,

Have you done this or know anyone that has?

I have to admit the electric skill is cool, but what does one do with it? What is it a sign of? I'm trying to understand it. I do know that Koichi Tohei is said to have this ability.

T

Have you done this or know anyone that has?

I have to admit the electric skill is cool, but what does one do with it? What is it a sign of? I'm trying to understand it. I do know that Koichi Tohei is said to have this ability.

T

One really does nothing with it, because it is one's personal cultivation. One can work on other people's energy currents to help balance them, burn stuff (if it is at that level), utilize it for martial purposes(which I hope noone does).

A sign of beginning stages of this development wouldbe a static electricity upon the clothes. After wearing your clothes they begin to cling to you, and things begin to cling as well,.. mainly dust and fuzzy like paper. It is a beginning level, nothing to be crazy about, but it is something that not many get in a thousand years. As to what my sifu told me. :)

Its not important if I developed it. Maybe I have or haven't. Whats important if you want to cultivate it is to cultivate it without hopes of getting it. Just know that what you are doing(if given the proper methods) will bring you to this manner of development. :)

Peace,

"A sign of beginning stages of this development wouldbe a static electricity upon the clothes. After wearing your clothes they begin to cling to you, and things begin to cling as well,.. mainly dust and fuzzy like paper. It is a beginning level, nothing to be crazy about, but it is something that not many get in a thousand years."

I always get shocks, and my clothes always stick. I figured it was just because I am hairy. Now I know it is because I am special... :P

"A sign of beginning stages of this development wouldbe a static electricity upon the clothes. After wearing your clothes they begin to cling to you, and things begin to cling as well,.. mainly dust and fuzzy like paper. It is a beginning level, nothing to be crazy about, but it is something that not many get in a thousand years."

I always get shocks, and my clothes always stick. I figured it was just because I am hairy. Now I know it is because I am special... :P

:D

HAHA

There are differences between what Robert Peng does and the teaching within the Lei Shan Dao. The main one being that in Lei Shan Dao the goal is liberation and enlightenment (not necessarely the case with other methods);

I wouldn't come to conclusions on what Robert Peng knows and teaches based on one phone conversation with him. Also I don't think he would tell someone he doesn't know well about all the details of his knowledge..

From what we talked about on brakes during a workshop, I doubt anyone will ever know the complete picture of what he really knows. His talked about levitation, being totally in control of your bone structure so you can change your bone position at will to become a different person and absorbing the lightning - just a few of the things that come to mind. I believe his goal is also liberation/enlightenment and his particular training doesn't produce the effect of "electric qi". Does it mean it's less effective? Of course not. Different training produce different powers and different effects on the body and the abilities.

Max

I wouldn't come to conclusions on what Robert Peng knows and teaches based on one phone conversation with him. Also I don't think he would tell someone he doesn't know well about all the details of his knowledge..

From what we talked about on brakes during a workshop, I doubt anyone will ever know the complete picture of what he really knows. His talked about levitation, being totally in control of your bone structure so you can change your bone position at will to become a different person and absorbing the lightning - just a few of the things that come to mind. I believe his goal is also liberation/enlightenment and his particular training doesn't produce the effect of "electric qi". Does it mean it's less effective? Of course not. Different training produce different powers and different effects on the body and the abilities.

Max

I hear what your saying Max, but the fact that he told me point blank that he can't train people to his level or to do what he can do was pretty clear and honest. It's hard for me to consider persuing training with someone who is that clear at the outset that he is not really able to offer what I'm interested in; it's not a judgement, just a simple statement about the reality of the differences in achievement.

As for his own achievements, who knows.

There are differences between what Robert Peng does and the teaching within the Lei Shan Dao. The main one being that in Lei Shan Dao the goal is liberation and enlightenment (not necessarely the case with other methods).

What I'm getting at here is that the goal of developing the skill of discharging electric like qi, yin yang gong, is the basis for progressing to liberation in the Lei Shan Dao because it corresponds to an inner achievement of Liberation. In other systems this is not necessarily the case. For example, there are people who can absorb qi from the surrounding environment and discharge it; David can do this, but he has not achieved liberation, yet.

As for the effectiveness of Mr. Peng's teaching, of course I cannot comment because I haven't spoken with with his students or practiced what he teaches. For me personally, I'm satisfied with the answers that Robert himself gave me.

S

"There are differences between what Robert Peng does and the teaching within the Lei Shan Dao. The main one being that in Lei Shan Dao the goal is liberation and enlightenment (not necessarely the case with other methods)."

Sean, what do you mean by liberation and enlightenment?

My understanding is that Lei Shan Dao electric phenomena occurs because the practitioner has built up sufficient energy in the dan tien which, frankly, can then be used or not used for a variety of purposes.

I'm not sure that liberation or enlightenment are really relevant to that ernergy build up.

If this build up is just an initial stage toward liberation, then again I ask the question, what do you mean by liberation? (And how is that different, if at all, from what you mean by enlightenment?).

"There are differences between what Robert Peng does and the teaching within the Lei Shan Dao. The main one being that in Lei Shan Dao the goal is liberation and enlightenment (not necessarely the case with other methods)."

Sean, what do you mean by liberation and enlightenment?

My understanding is that Lei Shan Dao electric phenomena occurs because the practitioner has built up sufficient energy in the dan tien which, frankly, can then be used or not used for a variety of purposes.

I'm not sure that liberation or enlightenment are really relevant to that ernergy build up.

If this build up is just an initial stage toward liberation, then again I ask the question, what do you mean by liberation? (And how is that different, if at all, from what you mean by enlightenment?).

To give a proper answer would involve a few more pages of discussion. Best if those interested check out the forum. There are pages of information there as well as practitioners of these methods to answer questions. You might also check out the books Kostas Danaos wrote; they have some basic information about these processes.

David is currently living and training with Wang Liping for the next few months, but stops by as often as he can to answer questions. Anybody is welcome to join and a lot of questions have already been answered in the articles David has posted there: http://foundation73.proboards55.com/

Sorry for the short answer, I'm just getting ready to leave for the holiday.

Best, S

I hear what your saying Max, but the fact that he told me point blank that he can't train people to his level or to do what he can do was pretty clear and honest. It's hard for me to consider persuing training with someone who is that clear at the outset that he is not really able to offer what I'm interested in;

I think developing the electric qi is not part of his training but a separate branch specifically to develop it.

Like he said his system is not Lei Shan Dao and doesn't seem to generate electric qi from training. I can't speculate on what is and isn't but his energy is refined and speaks for itself.

From what I read on David's student forum, there are few good masters left in China. We will see.

Max

"There is a theme here I have seen before.

Does a "Master" deserve to charge what the market will bear to make a living?

Should Robert Peng dress in sackcloth and charge by donation only?

I think not.

On the other hand, is Robert Peng the man who will finally answer all our questions about Chi , the universe and everything?

I think not.

But...

He is accomplished by reputation. And seems to be able to deliver what he promises in the treatment room.

Next question - Is he a good teacher? i.e. can he transmit what he knows?

This is an entirely seperate question.

My hard style MA teacher would often say, "just because you are a good fighter doesn't say at all whether you are or can be a good teacher." I think this applies equally well to this arena as well.

Not all accomplished people are interested in teaching, or are necessarily good at it.

Craig"

I went to pick up some CDs from his office. He is a very nice guy. On the way up to the fourth floor, a rather tall lady came out his office,I stepped aside because I thought that she was going to walk into me, I said "hi" and she didn't respond. I went into the waiting area waited for a while. A lady came in, she was a real sweetheart, she made the trip up to his office worth it:)

After a while, the guy that Master Peng was treating came out. I said "have a nice day", he didn't respond either.

I felt bad for Master Peng because for the people that he was dealing with...I would probably pay $200 an hour just to have them stay away from me. I wouldn't blame him if he ever lost his cool and uses "the force" for "martial" purposes. The guy has the patience of a saint.

I went to pick up some CDs from his office. He is a very nice guy. On the way up to the fourth floor, a rather tall lady came out his office,I stepped aside because I thought that she was going to walk into me, I said "hi" and she didn't respond. I went into the waiting area waited for a while. A lady came in, she was a real sweetheart, she made the trip up to his office worth it:)

After a while, the guy that Master Peng was treating came out. I said "have a nice day", he didn't respond either.

I felt bad for Master Peng because for the people that he was dealing with...I would probably pay $200 an hour just to have them stay away from me. I wouldn't blame him if he ever lost his cool and uses "the force" for "martial" purposes. The guy has the patience of a saint.

You can't really judge someone because they didn't say hi to you..couple things..first, this is new york city, people generally don't say hi..second, if they were just treated, they are probably in all sorts of weird states..some people really need to sleep after a treatment..

T

"second, if they were just treated, they are probably in all sorts of weird states..some people really need to sleep after a treatment."

I didn't know that the treatment was that radical :blink:

Michael,

I actually know a russian bone doctor/chiropracter with amaizing healing abilities who will most likely help you, but he is in NJ. All he uses is his hands.

If you want I can get the info for you, and he is cheaper then $200.

Max

Edited by Smile

Michael,

I actually know a russian bone doctor/chiropracter with amaizing healing abilities who will most likely help you, but he is in NJ. All he uses is his hands.

If you want I can get the info for you, and he is cheaper then $200.

Max

Thanks Max. Please give me his info (here or pm me).

I was treated by him in April. The guy is awesome.

I had issues with what I think was the heart meridian and gallbladder/liver meridian. I was seeing a red and green tinge on everything. From what I saw in Master Nan and Bill Bodri's book, this wasn't a good sign. I remembered about a week ago that this is a sign for an impending heart attack. I think that it was caused by really bad practice on my part.

It has been a month and two weeks since seeing Master Peng. No heart attack and I'm still feeling good :)

When I left his office, I felt like I could breath through my feet :blink:

There is a theme here I have seen before.

Does a "Master" deserve to charge what the market will bear to make a living?

Should Robert Peng dress in sackcloth and charge by donation only?

I think not.

On the other hand, is Robert Peng the man who will finally answer all our questions about Chi , the universe and everything?

I think not.

But...

He is accomplished by reputation. And seems to be able to deliver what he promises in the treatment room.

Next question - Is he a good teacher? i.e. can he transmit what he knows?

This is an entirely seperate question.

My hard style MA teacher would often say, "just because you are a good fighter doesn't say at all whether you are or can be a good teacher." I think this applies equally well to this arena as well.

Not all accomplished people are interested in teaching, or are necessarily good at it.

Craig

For what he charges, it is still a very BIG bargain. Take my situation for instance. I was seeing red and green tinges all over everything <--- this is a sign of an impending heart attack. The bills that I would have run up for a heart attack would have been upwards of 50 times of that $200.

After hearing some of the stories about Robert Peng I managed to attend a seminar of his in June 2007. He did a few interesting demos, but he didn't "zap" anyone at the seminar.

I have seen quite a few teachers over the years, and have even been told fairly interesting info, but I've never had the undeniable, even almost painful experience where I knew I wasn't just dreaming. This was not just my imagination.

After over six months on a waiting list, I got a call from Robert at the last minute that he had an opening in January 2008. The guy was booked solid and he otherwise could not take any new clients. I figured this might be my only chance to see him, so there I was in a 4th floor office on the upper east side of Manhattan on a rainy, dreary day. After filling out the requisite patient questionaire, he led me into a room with a table. Robert is a very unassuming guy, wearing an orange tee and slacks and looks like any other average person, nothing unusual. We chatted for a minute about my possible problem areas, then I lay on my back on the table. After a couple of passes which resembled what you'd see some reiki practitioners do, I was wondering if I would actually feel the electric zapping that others have told me about. He then unobtrusively and lightly put his finger between my eyes. POP! POP! POP! I had the unmistakable sensation of an electrical current going between my eyes and I could "feel" a feathering of electricity covering halfway over my eyes. The "electrical" pulses lasted for 2-3 seconds, and this was good because the sensation was bordering on the painful. No, this was not my imagination. I was awake and it was intense, almost like a jackhammer in my skull. The pulses reminded me of the crackling you hear near a power line or a taser. Pressure waves seemed to coincide with the popping sounds. He put his fingers by my temples. Again, the popping sound was unmistakable and, fortunately, not as intense as the third eye area. When treating some points on the side of my nose, I felt the pulses travel down to the roots of my teeth. This was not painful, but the pressure I felt was again intense. I had my eyes closed during most of the head treatment. I was curious if these pulses might fire off any visually generated symptoms, but I saw no colors or anything other than a general blackness.

He treated a few points in the trapezius and, just like in the Blair video of John Chang, my trapezius as well as neck muscles contracted. The contraction also happened when treating points in my arm. It's interesting that the contraction did not happen in all areas. For example, no facial muscles contracted when treating these areas, nor in the fingers when these were treated, despite the feeling that the pulse was of the same intensity as other areas.

I watched closely as he put one of his middle fingers on my hand to zap through some meridians. He only lightly touched my finger tips as I felt the intense "electrical" pulse travel about halfway down the first phalange. I saw no spark or light that you might associate with a regular electric shock. It did, though, have a similar feeling to sticking your finger into an electric outlet, but without the pain.

While treating points at the top of my head, I could feel pulses at the bottom of my heels, although this was less intense.

He pointed out to me a general protocol that anyone could use to promote good energy flow would be to stimulate Hoku (LI4), zusanli (St36) and Bubbling Well (K1) twice a day. It was interesting to see his optimal way of stimulating St36, which was by chopping at the point with the side of the hand.

Robert told me that he met John Blair a while back and zapped him after Blair requested this. Blair had been treated by Chang and wanted to compare the sensations. Afterwards, he said Blair stated this was the same sensation he had in Indonesia.

While the shocks were pretty dramatic at the time, I left his office with no lingering sensations, no bliss, etc. Of course everyone will have a different experience depending on their individual condition at the time. For me, it was a very eye-opening experience, to say the least.

Edited by rsalazar

Guest sykkelpump

Well even if its garbage, put in the library when your finished reviewing? I like free garbage! Unless its pure shit, but if Winn speaks highly of him, I doubt it is (the again, many talk smack about Winn unfortunetly). Also his website is quite informative.

I have robert pengs dvd.It is not good imo.And If winn speak highly of him I would say that is almost a prove the dvd is bad.Winn thinks very highly of himself,and talks bad about many people like for example bill bodri and nan.I really belive Winn and chia is waste of time.Winn is a clown,earning money on his many many dvds which will get you nowhere

I have robert pengs dvd.It is not good imo.And If winn speak highly of him I would say that is almost a prove the dvd is bad.Winn thinks very highly of himself,and talks bad about many people like for example bill bodri and nan.I really belive Winn and chia is waste of time.Winn is a clown,earning money on his many many dvds which will get you nowhere

I also have the Peng dvd set[and cd's] and I must say I really enjoy the qi gong movements and the sitting meditation.His waterfall cleansing is very similar to Chuny's rainbow meditation.The massaging techniques are great and my skin seems to glow from some of his techniques.Hard to say if it's due to just his techniques though since I'm heavily into nutrition and other qi gung styles.A lot of people expect him to reveal the secret of his yin/yang gong on dvd and are severely disappointed.In his seminars he teaches semi-advnced stuff...light body skill.changing the taste of liquids,ecetera.I know Mo pai doesn't accept him anymore but I think he's genuine.He also reportedly discussed levitation,absorbing the lighting,changing bone structure to become a different person and other skillsduring a break at the seminar.If you just call him and ask him he may plead[play] ignorance.