skydog

What do you dislike about yourself?

What would you say about making positive changes to replace those "demons"?

I guess it depends on a lot of things and the intent behind what you do, but all I know is that most of the ideas which prop up the "self help" industry which go on about changing you and tackling your demons often only make you worse because subconsciously you are just feeding your problem attention and energy, about the only book I rate in that area is the book "Working on yourself doesn't work" which explains this quite well.

edit: got the name of the book wrong

Edited by Jetsun

What would you say about making positive changes to replace those "demons"?

There are schools of thought

EFT Matrix Re-imprinting, feeding your demons- books

That say that those "demons, or hurt inner children/traumatic memories" already exist in a sort of dimension and are attached to every cell in your body, when you love or release the pain of those memories or demons they change.

Quite often trying to get rid of your demons or change your faults just strengthens them and makes them worse because subconsciously all you are doing is focusing on them which feeds them energy.

But ice cream can help

Havent read it yet:

Feeding your demons. Ancient wisdom for resolving inner conflict. Tsultrim Allione.

Hope it will be interesting.

Making demons worse is ok. it isnt a signal to stop. It's just them gulping and moaning loudly in their dissolution.

Havent read it yet:

Feeding your demons. Ancient wisdom for resolving inner conflict. Tsultrim Allione.

Hope it will be interesting.

Making demons worse is ok. it isnt a signal to stop. It's just them gulping and moaning loudly in their dissolution.

Ive read that book but I find that matrix re-imprinting book is more powerful IMO, I will release all the pain from one memory and be shaking, burping, yawning, laughing/crying out tension...

I guess it depends on a lot of things and the intent behind what you do, but all I know is that most of the ideas which prop up the "self help" industry which go on about changing you and tackling your demons often only make you worse because subconsciously you are just feeding your problem attention and energy, about the only book I rate in that area is the book "Working on yourself doesn't work" which explains this quite well.

edit: got the name of the book wrong

Hmm i guess that makes sense in a taoist perspective because in taoism they say that you should just let the problem be and it will solve itself, because in reality there are no problems?

I dislike practically everything about myself.

Well, I like a few things about you. One is that you and I don't get into arguements.

Have I mentioned that I love myself?

• Like 1

Well, I like a few things about you. One is that you and I don't get into arguements.

Have I mentioned that I love myself?

I think you've mentioned that before, yes. :lol:

It IS nice that we don't get into arguments. :)

There were some pretty rough conditions expressed in this thread that I've been thinking about these last few weeks. I invite everyone who's interested to check out my book recommendation of "The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World" in the Book Section, because I think a lot of what we lay on ourselves can be eliminated with some fairly straightforward adjustments to the way we perceive our inner and outer worlds.

Edited by Encephalon

There were some pretty rough conditions expressed in this thread that I've been thinking about these last few weeks. I invite everyone who's interested to check out my book recommendation of "The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World" in the Book Section, because I think a lot of what we lay on ourselves can be eliminated with some fairly straightforward adjustments to the way we perceive our inner and outer worlds.

Indeed it can, and we ought to take this advice to heart.

A friend mentioned how much she liked the book after i had told her that someone i trust with good judgement had recommended it, so cheers! In turn, she had asked that i mention here two books by Sharon Salzberg which, she told me, is similarly themed. One is Real Happiness: The Art of Meditation, and the other, Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness. Both have been highly lauded.

I found one of her quotes to be highly inspiring... "Metta sees truly that our integrity is inviolate, no matter what our life situation may be. We do not need to fear anything. We are whole: our deepest happiness is intrinsic to the nature of our minds, and it is not damaged through uncertainty and change." (from Lovingkindness: The RA of H)

Edited by C T

... integrity ...

Interesting your use of this word because there is a current thread in the other forum I am a member of that is speaking directly to this word/concept.

A very important trait, I think.

I found one of her quotes to be highly inspiring... "Metta sees truly that our integrity is inviolate, no matter what our life situation may be. We do not need to fear anything. We are whole: our deepest happiness is intrinsic to the nature of our minds, and it is not damaged through uncertainty and change." (from Lovingkindness: The RA of H)

When you repress your dark side it is very unhealthy to do metta. I have done metta in the past thinking I had a pure heart. Ha ha!

I think it is much better to embrace your darkness and see the strengths therein than put a false self up that is purely good.

CG Jung "I would rather be whole than good".

Fritz Kunkel "The ego is the devil - not the shadow".

Edited by chris d

Good stuff on the shadow found here on Ken Wilber's blog

http://www.kenwilber.com/blog/show/51

The PDF "Integrating the shadow" can be found here

http://files.meetup.com/91120/Integrating%20the%20Shadow%20-%20by%20Ken%20Wilber.pdf

since the link is down on the blog.

Basically the technique is to not say what you dislike about yourself, but dislike, despise, hate in others. Those are your projections from your shadow which you can then integrate in your being and thus can access a bigger part of yourself.