Lao Tzu

Qi Gong, lots of people are using it to deceive

I see cancer as an external manifestation of energy. No different to any other illness. Its physical manifestation reflects the unexpressed emotional/physical or psychological history and patterns of the patient.

---

This thread perpetuates the myth that cancer is somehow special. That it is the holy grail. Thats rubbish.

---

If the healer does the right thing at the right time, and the patient is open, the cancer will heal.

While I don't have the same depth of background, this is generally the message from those in the Medical Qigong oncology lineage.

The link for PubMed was made and simply stated as "Evidence for Medical Qigong". Simply stated.

Then you lumped into that website into a requirement for cases of it curing cancer...

If you want to research specific cases of Qigong and Cancer, I pointed out that you need to focus your search to places which focus on Qigong and Cancer... Your going to need to look at more than The U.S. National Library of Medicine. I am not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Is it possible for Qigong to cure Cancer?

If your answer is NO, then how do you prove that position?

You can't simply play down every piece of evidence with an opinion alone.

Nice !

Like it ! :D

While I don't have the same depth of background, this is generally the message from those in the Medical Qigong oncology lineage.

All I can say is, I approach healing work with cancer in the same way that I approach it with other illnesses. And so far, after 18 years, I have seen many successes.

Sadly, I can provide many, many case studies, and they mean nothing. Positions are too deeply entrenched.

All that matters is, in many cases, I can achieve, with the help of the patient, the result they were looking for. So I have fulfilled my side of the equation, and everyone is happy.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Those days are gone.

But I do think our approach to how we think about cancer needs to change. Its mythology is greater than the fact.

Those are so limited evidences.

1. Yan xin is known by almost everyone in China as a famous qigong cheater now.

For quite a while, the Chinese don't trust anything in regards to Qigong, Yan Xin or anyone else. Anyone who knows anything about Qigong in China should know this... and the reasons why... for starters, the government made sure of that...

You need to backup your statement with some solid proof that Yan Xin Qigong is fake... else your really just creating false propaganda.

All I can say is, I approach healing work with cancer in the same way that I approach it with other illnesses. And so far, after 18 years, I have seen many successes.

Sadly, I can provide many, many case studies, and they mean nothing. Positions are too deeply entrenched.

I agree and why I don't really care to 'debate' such topics. Just give what info I know, experience, researched, practiced or studied and let others seek their own findings. I am not here to provide the scientific validation for something already validated through it's own historical development.

All that matters is, in many cases, I can achieve, with the help of the patient, the result they were looking for. So I have fulfilled my side of the equation, and everyone is happy.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Those days are gone.

But I do think our approach to how we think about cancer needs to change. Its mythology is greater than the fact.

Yes, and this rightly points out the equation has two sides and each holds some responsibility. Both practitioners and patients need to change how they view it. Once a patient hears 'cancer', they are often self-sealing their coffin. It doesn't have to be that way.

I agree and why I don't really care to 'debate' such topics. Just give what info I know, experience, researched, practiced or studied and let others seek their own findings. I am not here to provide the scientific validation for something already validated through it's own historical development.

Yes, and this rightly points out the equation has two sides and each holds some responsibility. Both practitioners and patients need to change how they view it. Once a patient hears 'cancer', they are often self-sealing their coffin. It doesn't have to be that way.

Agreed. The patient must always be empowered. They have been part of the problem, now they must become part of the solution. No healer can ever 'heal'. All they can do is offer the tools, the energy, and create an environment on many levels, where the patient can heal themselves.

The practitioner needs to understand the real nature of illness, and then loose the fear. See the reality of the situation. Don't buy into the cancer myth. If the practitioner doesn't believe, how can he or she work effectively ?

But proof, when offered, is never enough ! Evidence is considered through past experience and future expectation, based on existing belief systems. Thats why I don't really care what people believe. I just continue on my merry way, getting results. Thats all that matters.

Agreed. The patient must always be empowered. They have been part of the problem, now they must become part of the solution. No healer can ever 'heal'. All they can do is offer the tools, the energy, and create an environment on many levels, where the patient can heal themselves.

The practitioner needs to understand the real nature of illness, and then loose the fear. See the reality of the situation. Don't buy into the cancer myth. If the practitioner doesn't believe, how can he or she work effectively ?

Agreed. Two comments from my Qigong master which has most influenced me are:

1. Don't agree with anything I say. Agree with what you experience.

2. A healer doesn't heal. A patient heals themself.

But proof, when offered, is never enough ! Evidence is considered through past experience and future expectation, based on existing belief systems. Thats why I don't really care what people believe. I just continue on my merry way, getting results. Thats all that matters.

The practitioners who spend 50-60 years healing don't need the evidence. The patients past, present, and future don't need the evidence.

So just who is it that requires this evidence?

Often those who have no interest in the first place but have response for it all.

Edited by dawei

Agreed. Two comments from my Qigong master which has most influenced me are:

1. Don't agree with anything I say. Agree with what you experience.

2. A healer doesn't heal. A patient heals themself.

The practitioners who spend 50-60 years healing don't need the evidence. The patients past, present, and future don't need the evidence.

So just who is it that requires this evidence?

Often those who have no interest in the first place but have response for it all.

Spot on !

Sanity reigns on Tao Bums as the Sun sets on another heated debate.......

But wait ! Is that a Troll hiding under yonder bridge ?

Qigong cancer and the relationship between oxygen

People can not die one week without eating, but hypoxia few minutes into the kingdom of heaven! If the brain hypoxia 3 minutes, brain cells will die, and in a vegetative state! Because oxygen are everywhere, not money and labor, and thus ignored by people. Today the medical profession finally understand the truth: Hypoxia is a source of all diseases. If our internal organs, often oxygen, will produce disease; vascular stenosis or if the hardening of the body's oxygen supply is reduced, at any time will have heart disease and stroke caused by critical illness, even death at any time! One of qigong healing principle is to practice breathing better way to inhale more oxygen, supply the body, the body will not produce disease, or disease organ repair.

In recent years, more and more types of cancer, up to dozens! Although there are some cancers have high cure rate, but most cancer mortality are high, especially for the even terminal cancer. Although there is hope of cancer cure middle period, but Western methods of therapy, is also a great damage to the body. Cancer is often cured, but have many other complications, the results of the patient does not die of cancer, but died of complications! Even in the rehabilitation period, the patient is still suffering the torture! Take a large number of chronic diseases, the treatment with Western medicine, is life-long medication <that is not radical>; and western medicine is also a great harm to the body, the same damage to other equipment, although the patient may be able to prolong life as much as two to three years, but during the tortured, and finally slowly wither like a flower, also died of complications! Cancer in recent years to use more integrative medicine treatment, all living has increased, the patient's body pain also reduced, but still have damage to the body, also to life-long medication, and finally died of complications still!

Qigong cancer since ancient times has been, since the female painter Guo Lin Faming method of cancer, "New Qigong therapy" was published, but also to deepen people's understanding and confidence in qigong cancer. She's in a different footwork exercises with different breathing methods, and only one purpose: to eliminate large amounts of oxygen inhalation cancer cells. Her practice and in recent years coincides with the view of Western medicine: oxygen can kill cancer cells. Since then, other cancer exercises have emerged, such as Hok Cheung pile Qigong, Zhan Zhuang therapy, cinnabar palm exercises, etc. <In fact, there are many, these types of the more popular it>. I think most of the time-tested experience of qigong, the role has cancer, the question is whether to concentrate on practice, time enough, so the exercises can deepen it.

The role of cancer qigong is yes, of course, there are certain limitations. Assuming the patient has a terminal cancer, age, and up to 70 and 80 years, both the number of complications, it is a fairy can not put out! But qigong for cancer patients, there are several points can be done. First, extend the life of cancer patients; the second is to reduce or eliminate adverse side effects of Western medicine; third is to reduce and eliminate a variety of physical pain; Fourth, the body weakening the strong <relatively strong, that is better than before> .

Tai Chi Qigong 48-style ---- Today I want to say is that the relationship between qigong cancer and oxygen. Thick forest on the province's "Tai Chi Qigong 48-style", it's different from tai chi, is that the latter is a natural breathing, qigong and tai chi is take a deep breath, the purpose of absorbing large quantities of oxygen. Had finished a set of Tai Chi Qigong 48-style, in general for about 10 minutes. But 10 minutes of breathing is still too fast, should be 20 minutes, each type of breathing time before enough long enough. In fact, the best 25 minutes, the role of cancer was the largest. However, in general beginners, 48-style sense of practice 10 minutes is too much. Most people feel dizzy, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc.! Why? Because they usually are not used on deep breathing <short Xiongshihuxi, lack of blood oxygen content, when coupled with obesity, eat less move so it will be riddled with problems> caused by a large number of critical illness. There are some women among the students and the infirm, or have serious chronic diseases, early Tai Chi Qigong, or even to breathe naturally, will not cause physical discomfort. If side while practicing deep breathing exercises, time will be quite long, and in practice the process will lead to discomfort or even bias, but also against the practice of faith healing! I have a method of training can be much faster into the deep breathing, without bias.

Deep breathing exercises method: Prepare a pot of water, took a deep breath, exhale head immersed in water, each inhale and exhale should count the time from 5 seconds or 10 seconds to start, 30 to 50 times each practice . If possible, practice daily in meals, three times. Exercises to progressively, such as a sense of chest tightness, shortness of breath or dizziness, they should reduce the number of seconds to breathe. If so infirm, serious chronic diseases, respiratory illnesses, colds easily, should the warm water exercise, frequency and time should be reduced. This practice One or two months, once your breathing, has been able up to 1 minute. Then, you practice Tai Chi Qigong, the 48-style 20 to 25 minutes is more than a maneuver. So every time you practice, can be inhaled a lot of oxygen, can cure physical and remove toxins from the body. However, deep breathing, only to meet the requirements of the half, the other half is thin and static. That is: hear breathing noises, and a fine of feathers on the nose, your breath will not be blowing feathers. Why is it so? Wheezing sound of breathing is breathing, that the body can not relax, the brain has not yet into the quiet, muscle and internal organs, are still caught in a certain tension contraction, fine and quiet breathing is to the contrary, the brain can relax into the quiet. How to reach small and static caused by breathing it? I also provide a simple and effective way.

Small and static methods of breathing exercises: sitting exercises to a paper towel to open, eat the right hand tucked in one corner of the two means, the angle of the tail light affixed to the nose, fine and quiet breathing exercises. When the breath, the tissue was not blowing more than half an inch away; in meeting this requirement further request exhale tissue does not move. Method was simple, but the difficulty is quite high. Because the more deep breath, blowing to the difficulty of tissue is not higher! And this is only the first step. The second step after the success of training. There are four sheets of paper each tissue apart, now changed to removed the piece of paper, and the remaining three sheets of paper to practice. In the second step, the tissue can not move when practicing the third step, and then removed the more than one tissue, a tissue that is the remaining half, the difficulty again increased. The third step is successful, with only a quarter of the last paper towel sheets, thin and a little breath would blow it. Then you can ask for in 1-minute length of breath, nasal tissue can not exceed the posted half-inch distance. Daily practice four or five times, each ten to fifteen minutes. To know this is very time and practice to be very patient, but it is simple and fast <than the traditional practice methods>.

----- Gentle relaxation exercises in the park I often see some people practicing tai chi, they are a lot of people have practiced for many years, even the basic requirements are lower than, like, like in gymnastics! Action that is not soft, it can not relax. This practice is difficult to mobilize and produce the gas, and so how can physical healing? Gentle movements, physical relaxation, mental relaxation, are the basic requirements of dynamic exercise training. Why do so many people practicing for a long day still can not achieve this request? Education is a collective one, the master can not be both. The other is in the park or government organizations to teach, learn dynamic exercise often do not teach only static power. If you want to practice moving in time to achieve the soft power of the relaxing effect, should learn from the static power, static power can be anything. Among the exercises, gradually be able to experience meditation and relaxation. So when you practice, when dynamic exercise, and then thinking and consciousness to pay attention to body relaxation and mental relaxation, can be achieved gradually relaxing effects. Could be so, your actions will be softened.

Sensitivity and gas field ----- a well-established practice, he is a very high sensitivity, can feel a slight sound; feelings of smell, too, such as the smell of the trees. Tai Chi Qigong 48-style is still an example, if you can start practicing, that is surrounded by trees feel the smell, and is different trees have different smells, and you practice and the process, you can also feel the air to the tree , a tree can absorb gas, or gas exchange with the trees for, then prove your skill has reached the middle or above. This physical healing, for the treatment of cancer, there is great effect. Further, Tai Chi Qigong practitioners, practice time in the woods, it can feel a small gas field enveloped the body of <greater the skill the more deep gas field>. On the other hand, there are some who look on the basis of his qigong practice, practitioners also felt the presence of the popular field.

Finally, a Tai Chi Qigong practitioners, if they can meet my requirements above, then when he was in my practice, between one breath, feel air flow throughout the body, or like a waterfall pouring down, very comfortable ; or limbs Lotus are breathing; or if sexual pleasure as addictive! In short, deep, quiet breathing in fine, inhalation is not just a lot of fresh oxygen, including the tree air, the universe of useful material. As cancer, cancer will no longer recurrence, stored in the body of the tumor will disappear. So, how can we achieve this practice requirements? If teacher guidance, exercises a year probably, right?

Ref: www.qigonghk.com/sick/sick19.htm

Translation was done by Translator online

i like that point of view, thats helpful.

I'll suggest why people would like "scientific proof".

It's a special kind of high permission to accept things "to be the case".

The reason people want scientific proof of cancer healing is because they are currently being fed just the opposite, everywhere one looks. So if something works, it has to be seen as working by the same authority as provided the cancer proof in the first place.

I'm not sure that scientists would all be very comfortable with this result. That their work and research is leading to fear and illness and not solutions.

--- opinion alert---

yeah i think what we have is the AMA and the FDA and all the other medical overseers who have a vested interest (a very very very profitable one) in keeping people sick so they can sell them pharmaceuticals and overpriced, low quality health care. Planned obsolescence of the human body! So the last disease that the beast of science actually cured was hahaha probably polio in the 50s, and jonas salk is a hero today. That last statement does not honor stem cell research but then again hoohooohooooo neither does the medical industry. So with very few exceptions, there is a deep interest in keeping people sick so they can sell them drugs. Since the mainstream media is controlled by the corporations and by the pentagon, there isn't evidence available to people that cancer can be cured. You have to look well off the beaten path, and then the blind naysayers like mr tzu can say "oh well thats not a journal of an acCREDitted institution blahblaaahblahahaahah" and so forth.

Its a real conundrum that most people can't see through because they feed at the television like a baby at a nipple, and just like a baby, cry when something that isn't mainstream milk enters the equation. Just like mr tzu's opinions are just regurgitated opinions of the chinese governmental propeganda machine.

But cancers have been cured, tumors go away, the more you look it up the more testimonials you will find of people who said "i just decided to heal, and wow it worked". Some of them use qigong and some don't, but does qigong heal? More than western medicine's approach to cancer does!! HAhaha

So how about mr tzu get worked up about the deception of the mainstream media, the monster corporations, the medical establishment, or the government agencies that are causing so much illness? Instead of this pretentious ire about qigong cheaters that boils down to personal prejudice based on opinions without substantiating evidence?! Or worse, an inability to think outside of what the oppressive chinese government tells you?!?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1767800

Effect of emitted bioenergy on biochemical functions of cells. Chien CH, Tsuei JJ, Lee SC, Huang YC, Wei YH.

Department of Biochemistry, National Yang-Ming Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan.

The 3-5 microns infrared spectra of the external "Qi" generated by a "Qigong" master from his palm was measured using a III-V compound semiconductor InSb detector. It was found that certain Qigong master can emit two opposite kinds of "Qi": the "facilitating" (beneficial) and "inhibiting" (destroying) "Qi". During the facilitating "Qi" emission, large amount of infrared wave were detected by a temperature rise of the air in the vicinity. When the inhibiting "Qi" was emitted, the infrared wave was absorbed from the environment resulting in a cooling of the air.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1353653

Detection of extraordinary large bio-magnetic field strength from human hand during external Qi emission.

Seto A, Kusaka C, Nakazato S, Huang WR, Sato T, Hisamitsu T, Takeshige C.

Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan.

It is generally accepted that more than 10(-6) gauss order magnetism was not detected in normal human condition. However, we detected 10(-3) gauss (mGauss) order bio-magnetic field strength from the palm in special persons who emitted External Qi ("Chi" or "Ki"). This detection was possible by special arranged magnetic field detection system, consisted of a pair of 2 identical coils with 80,000 turns and a high sensitivity amplifier. Each of the coils were rolled 80,000 turns accurately, and were connected in series in opposite direction, actuating as a gradiometer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9051169

Emission of extremely strong magnetic fields from the head and whole body during oriental breathing exercises.

Hisamitsu T, Seto A, Nakazato S, Yamamoto T, Aung SK.

Department of Physiology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.

This article reports the result of an experiment that was designed to measure the biomagnetic field emanating from two individuals who were practising traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing exercises. The biomagnetic field was measured with differential coils wound 80,000 turns, a magnetic needle compass and a digital electromagnetic wave detection device. It was found that an extremely strong magnetic field was emitted from the two individuals. One subject emitted a magnetic field at the level of 200-300 mT (2-3 mGauss) and the other at 0.13 mT (1.3 mGauss). In both cases, moreover, the magnetic needle compass rotated 30 degrees (this was tested 32 times). When the rotation of the needle occurred, a reproducible magnetic field of 800-1500 mT (8-15 mGauss) was indicated on the digital measuring device (this was tested 12 times). It is concluded that traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing appears to stimulate an unusually large biomagnetic field emission.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11474806

Effects of QiGong on brain function.

1: Neurol Res. 2001 Jul;23(5):501-5.

Litscher G, Wenzel G, Niederwieser G, Schwarz G.

Biomedical Engineering Unit, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, A-8036 Graz, Austria. [email protected]

QiGong is an ancient and widely practiced Chinese meditation exercise. We studied the effects of QiGong on brain function with modern neuromonitoring tools in two subjects. In a male QiGong master (extremely trained practitioner), the technique induced reproducible changes in transcranial Doppler sonography, EEG, stimulus-induced 40 Hz oscillations, and near-infrared spectroscopy findings. Similar effects were seen after the application of multimodal stimuli and when the master concentrated on intense imagined stimuli (e.g. 22.2% increase in mean blood flow velocity (vm) in the posterior cerebral artery, and a simultaneous 23.1% decrease of vm in the middle cerebral artery). Similar effects were seen in the female subject. Neuromonitoring during QiGong appears able to objectify accompanied cerebral modulations surrounding this old Chinese meditation exercise.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Arr4C52grQ

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

During visits to remote monasteries in the 1980s, Benson and his team studied monks living in the Himalayan Mountains who could, by g Tum-mo meditation, raise the temperatures of their fingers and toes by as much as 17 degrees. It has yet to be determined how the monks are able to generate such heat.

Tummo meditation is very similar to many forms of meditation used in qigong/neigong. Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

yeah i think what we have is the AMA and the FDA and all the other medical overseers who have a vested interest (a very very very profitable one) in keeping people sick so they can sell them pharmaceuticals and overpriced, low quality health care. Planned obsolescence of the human body! So the last disease that the beast of science actually cured was hahaha probably polio in the 50s, and jonas salk is a hero today. That last statement does not honor stem cell research but then again hoohooohooooo neither does the medical industry. So with very few exceptions, there is a deep interest in keeping people sick so they can sell them drugs. Since the mainstream media is controlled by the corporations and by the pentagon, there isn't evidence available to people that cancer can be cured. You have to look well off the beaten path, and then the blind naysayers like mr tzu can say "oh well thats not a journal of an acCREDitted institution blahblaaahblahahaahah" and so forth.

Its a real conundrum that most people can't see through because they feed at the television like a baby at a nipple, and just like a baby, cry when something that isn't mainstream milk enters the equation. Just like mr tzu's opinions are just regurgitated opinions of the chinese governmental propeganda machine.

But cancers have been cured, tumors go away, the more you look it up the more testimonials you will find of people who said "i just decided to heal, and wow it worked". Some of them use qigong and some don't, but does qigong heal? More than western medicine's approach to cancer does!! HAhaha

So how about mr tzu get worked up about the deception of the mainstream media, the monster corporations, the medical establishment, or the government agencies that are causing so much illness? Instead of this pretentious ire about qigong cheaters that boils down to personal prejudice based on opinions without substantiating evidence?! Or worse, an inability to think outside of what the oppressive chinese government tells you?!?

Great response !

But I think Mr Tzu has already made his mind up !

If I presented him, in person, with a dozen people who came to me with cancer, and having received no conventional medical treatment, their cancer has vanished, would he accept it ?

Not a chance !

I have learnt that, to many intelligent and rational people, evidence is only evidence if it already confirms their existing opinion. Otherwise, its not evidence, its just anecdotal, and worth nothing. Yet they will happily use apparently anecdotal evidence to conform their opinion.

Heres a funny one.....

I have a friend. She is a Homeopath. So straightaway, she is obviously a fraud to some people.

14 years ago, she had brain cancer, as a teenager. She received all the medical treatment available, but it failed. At that time she was a big believer in modern medicine. She was sent home to die, being given perhaps a month to live. She decided, in desperation to try a renowned homeopath. It worked. The cancer vanished and has never returned. The only problems she has now are due to the side effects from the conventional medical treatments, which are still with her, 14 years later.

And now the point of the story.........

She has told her story, honestly and truthfully to various media over the years, hoping to show that, when all else has failed, not to give up hope.

And she has received thousands of death threats !

People are so angry and challenged by her simple story that they are prepared to threaten her life. Not just a handful, but hundreds, and thousands.

All she has done is survived terminal brain cancer, and dared to share her story.

So how on earth can we have a rational debate on these things, when many people, when confronted with living proof, will resort to such madness ?

Mr Tzu is actually quite civilised so far !

Edited by Jeramiah Zeitigeist
  • Like 1

Gamma brainwaves (42Hz) are linked to consciousness itself as they disappear under general anesthesia, and are seen in high amplitude split second bursts during Aha! or Eureka moments. Like when you learn how to work a new type of math problem, or have a sudden realization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_wave

A gamma wave is a pattern of neural oscillation in humans with a frequency between 25 to 100 Hz, though 40 Hz is prototypical.

According to a popular theory, gamma waves may be implicated in creating the unity of conscious perception (the binding problem).

The proposed answer lies in a wave that originating in the thalamus, sweeps the brain from front to back, 40 times per second, drawing different neuronal circuits into synch with the precept, and thereby bringing the precept into the attentional foreground. If the thalamus is damaged even a little bit, this wave stops, conscious awarenesses do not form, and the patient slips into profound coma.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.02/dalai.html

He immediately noticed powerful gamma activity - brain waves oscillating at roughly 40 cycles per second indicating intensely focused thought. Gamma waves are usually weak and difficult to see. Those emanating from Ricard were easily visible, even in the raw EEG output. Moreover, oscillations from various parts of the cortex were synchronized - a phenomenon that sometimes occurs in patients under anesthesia.

The researchers had never seen anything like it. Worried that something might be wrong with their equipment or methods, they brought in more monks, as well as a control group of college students inexperienced in meditation. The monks produced gamma waves that were 30 times as strong as the students'. In addition, larger areas of the meditators' brains were active, particularly in the left prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain responsible for positive emotions.

http://www.pnas.org/content/101/46/16369.long

long-term Buddhist practitioners self-induce sustained electroencephalographic high-amplitude gamma-band oscillations and phase-synchrony during meditation.
  • Like 1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1767800

Effect of emitted bioenergy on biochemical functions of cells. Chien CH, Tsuei JJ, Lee SC, Huang YC, Wei YH.

Department of Biochemistry, National Yang-Ming Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan.

The 3-5 microns infrared spectra of the external "Qi" generated by a "Qigong" master from his palm was measured using a III-V compound semiconductor InSb detector. It was found that certain Qigong master can emit two opposite kinds of "Qi": the "facilitating" (beneficial) and "inhibiting" (destroying) "Qi". During the facilitating "Qi" emission, large amount of infrared wave were detected by a temperature rise of the air in the vicinity. When the inhibiting "Qi" was emitted, the infrared wave was absorbed from the environment resulting in a cooling of the air.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1353653

Detection of extraordinary large bio-magnetic field strength from human hand during external Qi emission.

Seto A, Kusaka C, Nakazato S, Huang WR, Sato T, Hisamitsu T, Takeshige C.

Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan.

It is generally accepted that more than 10(-6) gauss order magnetism was not detected in normal human condition. However, we detected 10(-3) gauss (mGauss) order bio-magnetic field strength from the palm in special persons who emitted External Qi ("Chi" or "Ki"). This detection was possible by special arranged magnetic field detection system, consisted of a pair of 2 identical coils with 80,000 turns and a high sensitivity amplifier. Each of the coils were rolled 80,000 turns accurately, and were connected in series in opposite direction, actuating as a gradiometer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9051169

Emission of extremely strong magnetic fields from the head and whole body during oriental breathing exercises.

Hisamitsu T, Seto A, Nakazato S, Yamamoto T, Aung SK.

Department of Physiology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.

This article reports the result of an experiment that was designed to measure the biomagnetic field emanating from two individuals who were practising traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing exercises. The biomagnetic field was measured with differential coils wound 80,000 turns, a magnetic needle compass and a digital electromagnetic wave detection device. It was found that an extremely strong magnetic field was emitted from the two individuals. One subject emitted a magnetic field at the level of 200-300 mT (2-3 mGauss) and the other at 0.13 mT (1.3 mGauss). In both cases, moreover, the magnetic needle compass rotated 30 degrees (this was tested 32 times). When the rotation of the needle occurred, a reproducible magnetic field of 800-1500 mT (8-15 mGauss) was indicated on the digital measuring device (this was tested 12 times). It is concluded that traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing appears to stimulate an unusually large biomagnetic field emission.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11474806

Effects of QiGong on brain function.

1: Neurol Res. 2001 Jul;23(5):501-5.

Litscher G, Wenzel G, Niederwieser G, Schwarz G.

Biomedical Engineering Unit, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, A-8036 Graz, Austria. [email protected]

QiGong is an ancient and widely practiced Chinese meditation exercise. We studied the effects of QiGong on brain function with modern neuromonitoring tools in two subjects. In a male QiGong master (extremely trained practitioner), the technique induced reproducible changes in transcranial Doppler sonography, EEG, stimulus-induced 40 Hz oscillations, and near-infrared spectroscopy findings. Similar effects were seen after the application of multimodal stimuli and when the master concentrated on intense imagined stimuli (e.g. 22.2% increase in mean blood flow velocity (vm) in the posterior cerebral artery, and a simultaneous 23.1% decrease of vm in the middle cerebral artery). Similar effects were seen in the female subject. Neuromonitoring during QiGong appears able to objectify accompanied cerebral modulations surrounding this old Chinese meditation exercise.

"I'm sorry, these so called "studies" were not done in the USA and can't be monitored by proper scientific authorities so they have no validity."

Me parroting what I have been told by so many idiots when I have presented similar studies to people.

Dr Sanciers Qigong Database (see qigonginstitute.org) presents abstracts from a huge collection of studies as well.

People are going to believe whatever they want to believe no matter what anyone that actually knows says.

But an interesting observation is that I have seen well over a thousand people in medical qigong clinic who outright stated they didn't believe in this "nonsense" and only came because a friend or relative pressured them into it. But the funniest thing (funny to me) was the look on their face when they got up off the table totally pain free. Priceless!

• Like 1

Show them Dr. Herbert Benson's from Harvard medical and his research on tummo. Show them videos of Wim Hof one of the few non monks who have mastered tummo and what he can do like being packed in ice on camera for hours.

I agree most people in this field are frauds and liars, but not all of them are.

"I'm sorry, these so called "studies" were not done in the USA and can't be monitored by proper scientific authorities so they have no validity."

Me parroting what I have been told by so many idiots when I have presented similar studies to people.

Dr Sanciers Qigong Database (see qigonginstitute.org) presents abstracts from a huge collection of studies as well.

People are going to believe whatever they want to believe no matter what anyone that actually knows says.

But an interesting observation is that I have seen well over a thousand people in medical qigong clinic who outright stated they didn't believe in this "nonsense" and only came because a friend or relative pressured them into it. But the funniest thing (funny to me) was the look on their face when they got up off the table totally pain free. Priceless!

Show them Dr. Herbert Benson's from Harvard medical and his research on tummo. Show them videos of Wim Hof one of the few non monks who have mastered tummo and what he can do like being packed in ice on camera for hours.

I agree most people in this field are frauds and liars, but not all of them are.

I can show them in a direct manner and most will say it is only coincidence. I have found over the years that it isn't even worth attempting to convince people; as I said above they are going to believe what they wish to. In fact, I now only deal with those who are seeking it rather than to attempt to convince others. I guess if someone that wished to financially sponsor a study came along I would participate, but I am too old for the nonsense.

• Like 1

I can show them in a direct manner and most will say it is only coincidence. I have found over the years that it isn't even worth attempting to convince people; as I said above they are going to believe what they wish to. In fact, I now only deal with those who are seeking it rather than to attempt to convince others. I guess if someone that wished to financially sponsor a study came along I would participate, but I am too old for the nonsense.

My thoughts exactly.

I used to lobby to take part in research studies, and did everything I could to open up healing to a wider audience. I was overly optimistic !

Now, I just get on with the healing. I've lost interest in what anyone thinks.

I volunteer to be the guy you heal for the study. DIBS!