Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

The Mysterious Pass

For those who have not yet refined vitality into energy; refined energy into spirit; refined spirit into openness and gone through the double pass and subsequently emptied out openness, there may still be doubts as to where to find the mysterious pass.

Vaguely between the space where thought and desire secrete, there is a pass that has been left for all time without having formed itself. This is the the aperture of the Valley Spirit, the abode of the Mysterious Female.

Before a single thought, there is balance; yet afterwards, when one's feelings are not yet aroused, therein is harmony.

An alchemical classic states that the aperture is between the heart and genitals~ this refers to intellectual and emotional consciousness, the matrix and the seat of self-consciousness.

When one has refined vitality into energy, feelings are forgotten. When energy is refined into spirit, thoughts are forgotten. The spirit is the house of fire and water, the medicines. Spirit is the will. Joining the two medicines, the elixir is formed, and the mysterious pass appears out of nothing.

When the elixir is refined in the mysterious pass it turns into the gold pill, forever incorruptible.

After the embryonic immortal is formed, one must seal it and incubate it until the accomplishment is solidified. Then it is possible to set up the cauldron and furnace once again, in order to initiate advanced operation. When one surpasses this, one no longer relies on inner vision.

If one is successful and avoids leaking the refined elixir by maintaining strictness in incubating the embryo, an immortal takes its place. When one can then sublimate oneself physically and spiritually, one then steps over eternity, shatters space and becomes the same as the tao in reality.

Then it is possible to follow in the steps of prior illuminates to develop the Virtue of the Receptive.

The mysterious pass, existing before all time, is the aperture of nonorigination— giving birth to ordinary people and immortals alike. In this regard it is not limited to the absolute, but is the perennial gateway of potential aware energy in the living minds and bodies of all beings individually. Using this mysterious pass unconsciously is the norm for ordinary people. Self-refinement is the task of seeing the Mysterious Pass for oneself.

For those who have refined the elixir of immortality by penetrating the mysterious pass, it is possible to actualize non-doing and develop the response-body. One learns to use this aperture of nonoriginated potential to match reality in everyday ordinary affairs. If one knows this aperture yet cannot use it— it is the same as not knowing. Wu wei is not a state— it is a function of crucial importance in the lives of ignoramuses and potential illuminates alike.

Non-doing is the Great Sameness, unborn and undying. Actualizing potential in response to situations is the work of immortals. If you have experienced the undifferentiated, nonoriginated selfless potential it is imperative that you work on this basis. Don't throw this away!

Where thoughts originate and feelings secrete is close to this immaterial aperture. It is the critical juncture where all the elements combine to form complete real human being.

People mistakenly come to believe that human being is a title, whereas in reality, it is a capacity which is only rarely fulfilled.

(ed note: add word "be" somewhere in the first statement)

Edited by deci belle

I was wondering if you were going to get into this in open forum.

I think this thread could easily have been started in the "Taoist Discussions" forum because you are talking about Alchemic Taoism.

Actually, I have seen similar information to this concept before. Alchemists take the concept much, much deeper than we Philosophical Taoists do. (No judgements here.)

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Marblehead

Thank you for sharing Deci wub.gif.

smile.gif

So a complete human being

shared the same body as the heaven, earth and that of the Dao.

The true nature of Man is Wuwei.

Where Wuwei is the true nature of Man.

Edited by XieJia

I was wondering if you were going to get into this in open forum.

I think this thread could easily have been started in the "Taoist Discussions" forum because you are talking about Alchemic Taoism.

Actually, I have seen similar information to this concept before. Alchemists take the concept much, much deeper than we Philosophical Taoists do. (No judgements here.)

Thanks for sharing!

Ya Marblehead~ I'm not inventing anything, The classics provide a vocabulary from time immemorial and beyond over the duct of unspeakability. I only have fit the talisman of experience and vouch for its authenticity. It is so.❤

I did leave it in the taoist discussion where the "down-under Taoist" had posted his query about it~ but I never heard from him. After two days, I wrote this and posted it here and there.

Sign in to follow this