Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Considerate Christian Women Abort

Mother Teresa said:

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

Just goes to show that even an insane, deluded, theist like Mother Teresa can somehow channel a gem.

• Like 1

I never heard my spiritual friend/mentor slander any religion, and he doesn't belong to any. So you would be better off minding your own business and cooling off. You are in danger of moving so far away from the ideal you are preaching.

Slander = to make a false spoken statement. The only slander I've seen here are from those against the truth of Christianity. With friends/mentors like that, you are in danger of never waking up.

As mentioned above: Eckhart Tolle said "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Slander = to make a false spoken statement. The only slander I've seen here are from those against the truth of Christianity. With friends/mentors like that, you are in danger of never waking up.

As mentioned above: Eckhart Tolle said "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"

Ok, once again:

1.I am not Christian.

2.You are mixing up Christianity as an institution with Christian mystics, thinkers etc. I totally agree with you - no discussion debate on that-that the Christian institution has committed blood crimes, have enslaved women etc.... But by rejecting christianity as a whole you are unfair because if you look into Master Eckhart writings for eg (judged heretic by Christian institution) you would find yourself closer to the Buddha than you think.

Basically what I am saying is that you don't need to denounce institution based religions and especially Christianity. Everyone here already knows that institutions are somewhat violent.

You are not really helping the cause of free thinkers by acting like that. Commenting the kalama sutta in detail and telling us how it relates to your own life would be more helpful and inspiring than filling up your posts with quotations.

Accumulate quotations, using intellectual short-cuts and peremptory sentences does not help anyone- including you in first place.

ex: when you say

"Anyone who gives you a belief system is your enemy".

This is far from being a compassion stemmed sentence.And I am quite sure it hurts you to write things like that.

Anyone who gives you a belief system is your not your enemy but someone who thinks it is good for him/her and that everyone could benefit from it. But if you read the Buddha you already know what He would do in such a situation: you are free to refuse any thing that is not desirable or false for you. But changing this poor person into an enemy is a sign that he/she is just threatening something in you that needs permanent reassurance. This way you are not so far from the fundamentalists Christians you denounce. I am not saying it to heat up again the discussion.

I wish that you will find a peaceful way to embody your ideal of free thinking.I won't teach you that free thinking primary means free from passions and negativity otherwise where is freedom?

edited for spelling as far as I could

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

As such, your concept of peace is merely a concept. No Christian can ever uncover peace. Know God, no Peace; Gnow Peace, no God.

BAM, you are now channeling the worst fundamentalist rhetoric. Militant Atheists are no trade up from Militant Fundamentalists.

'My way or the hell way' is why they're so short sighted and obnoxious and why you tread on the same road.

You must also realize (less your a Sith :P) such absolute statements are wrong. In this reality many Christians are at peace, indeed many people within all traditions are. Its not necessarily because there religion is particularly right, but because there are elements in it that teach the right things, and its those things good people focus on.

I'd add, you quote Eckhart Tolle. I enjoy his works. If you read them you'll know his enemy is the over thinking mind; thoughts that keep us from the present are usually his target. His writings quote Jesus Christ quite a bit. Not because he's Christian, but in this world grab wisdom where you can. It can come from anywhere.

Edited by thelerner

The Jehovah Witnesses do not count as legitimate scholars.

You do not appear to understand the difference between a scholar and someone who deliberates on Christianity solely for display and devotion.

V

Where did I link to anything from Jehovah Witnesses? It sounds like you are grasping at straws here.

Yes, there is debate about the dating of each Gospel, for various reasons. However, the Wiki page clearly demonstrates that a lot of legitimate scholars date the Gospel of Mark, in some form or another, to 60-70 AD.

Seek beneath the underneath

See that never can be seen

Then sing,

not words that can be heard

Then hear,

that we haven't heard before

Then feel,

Like you never felt before

Keep it secret :o

Maybe same at was before

Maybe new as lion's roar

Keep it secret :o

Yes, there is debate about the dating of each Gospel, for various reasons. However, the Wiki page clearly demonstrates that a lot of legitimate scholars date the Gospel of Mark, in some form or another, to 60-70 AD.

Any debate as to whether the Gospel of Mark could have even remotely been written before the Jewish Revolt of 70CE have been over for at least 40 years,...and I'd doubt that a single State University Religious Studies Department has said anything to the contrary since at least the Carter Administration.

Oh! it was a quotation. Great. If you put it in context you will see and hear that Osho's point is not to create antagonism between people (it should be contradictory with his teachings, right?) but to insist on the idea that belief prevents one to find Truth (to be Truth, I would say).

If you trust Osho please read his teachings about the Western mystics.

At the beginning of

Come Follow To You, Vol 1

Reflections on Jesus of Nazareth

Talks given from 21/10/75 am to 30/10/75 am

English Discourse series he says this:

"I WILL SPEAK ON CHRIST, but not on Christianity. Christianity has nothing to

do with Christ. In fact, Christianity is anti-Christ -- just as Buddhism is antiBuddha and Jainism anti-Mahavir. Christ has something in him which cannot be

organized: the very nature of it is rebellion and a rebel]ion cannot be organized.

The moment you organize it, you kill it. Then the dead corpse remains. You can

worship it, but you cannot be transformed by it. You can carry the load for

centuries and centuries, but it will only burden you, it will not liberate you.

That's why, from the beginning, let it be absolutely clear: I am all for Christ, but

not even a small part of me is for Christianity. If you want Christ, you have to go

beyond Christianity. If you cling too much to Christianity, you will not be able to

understand Christ. Christ is beyond all churches.

Christ is the very principle of religion"

So the problem is not religion per se, it is the institution. The problem is not faith because real faith is love, the problem is belief. ( so says Osho in a discourse about your dear Tilopa)

No one can make you believe something if you don't want to. This is your very responsibility. Don't turn anyone into your enemy. Your enemy is your tendancy to be credulous and find consolation in the fictions gurus, priests,money makers are offering to you. No one except you is responsible for your credulity. This is the very core of Buddha's message in the Kalama sutta, right?

You may already know it, you can find some talks here My link

Edited by bubbles

Interesting info about the past knowledge, the Secret Gospel of Mark-

http://www.atlantisrising.com/backissues/issue3/ar3dsscroll.html

Other evidence tells us that Jesus taught the initiatic mysteries, the science of immortality, like the great Eastern mystics. In 1958 at a Greek Orthodox monastery in the Judaean desert, Morton Smith discovered a letter written in A.D. 200 by Clement of Alexandria. The letter speaks of a secret gospel of Mark, a more spiritual gospel, Clement writes ... read only to those who are being initiated into the great mysteries. This intriguing letter, written long before Eusebius, speaks of a secret mystical tradition without nationalistic borders. That Jesus taught and participated in this tradition is more than likely. So doing, he, in all likelihood, was no slave to regional agendas, rising beyond symbols of relative good and evil, Jew and Gentile, while fiercely opposed to spiritual evil embodied in corrupt priests.

Edited by Immortal4life

Sign in to follow this