konchog uma

Bone Marrow

not necessarily, its just that some things are stronger than others, it is wise to be careful and proceed expeditiously :)

in meditation i asked my higher self about it and it said nice and clear, i am not even at a good point of fullness yet, i am just beginning to generate the robust spiritual energy that i need and can handle. it said to keep going and for now to follow my thirst for energy because when i am full i will plateau and not be as thirsty.

my higher self has a nice laugh :)

So far, my higher self is like a Legend of Zelda dungeon; A puzzling maze of doors, switches and secret levers, obsticals, buttons, and puzzle-triggers!

It is indirect and round-about, but i believe that it chooses to present itself in that way from my history of video gaming all day long :lol:

I'm trying to curb myself and in effort, bring about a more straightforward higher-self. :lol:

I'm surprised to see that no one mentioned the importance of a meditation closedown. Like a rubbing, patting of skin/meridians/energy centers. Is this not an important key to condensing chi/jing/shen in the marrow? (I'm no expert.)

My 2 cents worth -- I haven't been taught to do anything like that with condensing breathing. We condense into the marrow and that is by itself "closing" because it's like charging the batteries. Albeit after all chi work we do pump residual chi into the Lower Dan Tian. We never physically touch the skin because touching tends to dissipate the Qi. We're taught to keep an 'as close to the skin as possible without physically touching' distance from the surface for maximum retention of the Chi.

• Like 1

My 2 cents worth -- I haven't been taught to do anything like that with condensing breathing. We condense into the marrow and that is by itself "closing" because it's like charging the batteries. Albeit after all chi work we do pump residual chi into the Lower Dan Tian. We never physically touch the skin because touching tends to dissipate the Qi. We're taught to keep an 'as close to the skin as possible without physically touching' distance from the surface for maximum retention of the Chi.

Thanks! :)

I think it's okay to allow qi to dissipate if you build an overabundance of it, with certain practices. Or maybe it's not, I don't know...just seems like it. Another way of looking at it is that you're clearing stagnation, instead of the negative way of "dissipating your qi".

Personally I sometimes exercise a little while after practice, instead of doing massage. I do massage for specific stagnation and clearing, though, at any time...not necessarily as a closing.

Also wanted to say...upper dantien work is related to the bone marrow (and whole endocrine system). At least personally, I find working with that more effective than imagining my skeleton or trying to pack qi into the marrow.

Whatever works for you.