tulku

How do you do a all-nighter meditation?

Okay, I just have to know your anime recommendations for those seeking enlightenment. :P

Avatar (the series) of course and anything by Director Miyazaki.

The thing about well done anime is it can capture a directors vision completely. Totally unlimited special effects budget. Mood and movements can be manipulated with every color and brush stroke, as well as sound and action.

Okay, I just have to know your anime recommendations for those seeking enlightenment. :P

The thing about well done anime is it can capture a directors vision completely. Totally unlimited special effects budget. Mood and movements can be manipulated with every color and brush stroke, as well as sound and action.

Back on track.

When insomnia gets bad I recommend a good guided meditation followed by some long theta inducing tones. For me it'll work for a few days then I anticipate and it stops working.

Example, free podcast from Meditation Station called Evening Inventory Meditation. Short brain dump, find it on Itunes. Then a piece like Deep Resonance (Theta and Delta) from Kelly Howell I think the album is called Sacred Ground.

If you've never done walking meditation formally, just walk around your room and turn around/trace everything in the perimeter with your steps which makes the trail longer and stretches your heels and ankles. This is mostly to bring circulation back into the legs and maybe to give the back a rest.

This reminded me of something. Just a thought, but too much thinking doesn't always have to be the cause for insomnia, but can be a consequence of it. I've read and could verify to some degree that warm feet are quite crucial for falling asleep. If the feet are cold, it can prevent sleep quite effectively.

Can anybody confirm this?

Keep in mind that the body needs some of the specialized functions your body performs in sleep. Advanced practitioners can be said to mimic these in meditation; but that takes about the same amount of time it takes to sleep. So why not just sleep? But since you have insomnia that makes sense.

Just lay on your back and do body scanning maybe. Try to be completely still.

I just completed my first 8 hour meditation this weekend laying down and managing to still my breathing so much that I was taking a breath once maybe every two minutes.

I disagree with this. Avatar is a decent Anime, but Samurai Champloon and Bugs Bunny are of superior quality. :lol:

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

darkness retreat from sunrise to sunrise -total darkness.

sitting all night or day is very wearing on kidneys and lower organs.

best to move around

I discovered that at night time while lying on my back, with my eyes closed, elbows resting on the bed, discarding completely about how I am breathing, just holding the chi ball above my navel in a very natural hand position start an energy flowing, which feels like a whitish light and transform my state to a very blissful one.

By moving the ball without lifting my elbows, I can feel the corresponding centers under the ball react and energize, especially if I start fom the root and go up to throat very slowly. I cannot go further towards my head without lifting my elbows so I stop at the throat, because I don't want to mess with my upper dan tien with this experimental qi gong. I also experimented with turning my palms into many positions and gently focusing on my individual fingers, and find out many parts of my body can be bathed with this light by these corresponding experiments, some movements are like opening a tap. The trick for me is always to keep very slow relaxed moving,and not completely stopping for more than a minute. After a period of time, I cannot feel the the energy any more (my body's time is around 40 mins),

Then I turn my palms away from my face above my belly and easily project anything on my dream body without falling asleep. (I have really vivid imaginations this way) The palms act like projectors and help me meditating.

When my hands start feeling numb,I put them in the closing position on my lower dt, and go to sleep fast with wild dreams.

I am not forcing any astral travel and did not experienced one yet, but I feel it will come naturaly if I do that pactice long enough.

I am doing this only for a month and will keep you informed about any progress if anyone is interested.

Cihan