Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

In Your Humble Opinion - How Does The World Work?

Hey Way,

I tagged on with my pregnant wife who was there for a 3 day conference. I'm usually not so masochistic, but I'm smart enough not to drag a preggo to such deeply depressing sites. So I went to see them on my day alone. As I said quite a bad trip.

Michael

Hang in there Michael !

one day isn't so bad to delve deep into human tribulations. If you don't have aids were not killed in a war and weren't gased and tortured by nutzis you can count yr blessings and get on with life, and nurturing new life too I assume...

If and when I get down in those levels of contemplating senseless death, corrupt wars, and insane inhumanity to man - I for one wonder is the Universe working? And if this is working maybe we should monkey-wrench the gear-box...

But then I come to my "right mind" realizing we make our own realities & my brain is the only gear-box I need access to... in order to set my world back on its way to live in the light...At least until the next jack-ass sends out those negative waves and manages to piss me off or bum me out with some new inane folly!

So building up yr psychic defences is a good thing. Having spent that day you need not do anything but count your blessings to come back to a balanced view of any problems that come yr way...

Thanks for the kind words. Actually the trip was a few years ago. I am psychically mostly good, sometimes excellent, but it comes and goes like waves in the ocean.

Counting your blessings is good. Giving up on enlightenment is good. That is find a path, walk on it, admire the scenery, enjoy the people you see on the way. Don't keep your eyes too far to a goal, don't be too taken up by any philosophy, sometimes be a glutton, sometimes a ascetic, most of the times find a happy liveable medium.

90% of all unhappeness is the stress of wanting others to think like you do and wanting the world to work the way you think it ought to.

Michael

Well in any case for any of the Hebrew Tribe out there -and anyone else for that matter- have a great and happy New Year!

I just recieved this from a Jewish/Zen/DADAist and will share it with da bums...If all comes to pass it will seem like the world is working pretty sweetly...

Happy New Year!!

May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs, and your stocks not

fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your

white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your cardiologist,

your gastroenterologist, your urologist, your proctologist, your podiatrist,

your psychiatrist, your plumber, and the IRS.

May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere during rush hour in

less than an hour, and when you get there may you find a parking space.

May this Yom Tov, find you seated around the dinner table, together with

your beloved family and cherished friends, ushering in the Jewish New Year

ahead.

May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you

delight them.

May your checkbook and your budget balance, and may they

include generous amounts for charity.

May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your partner,

your child, and your parent(s).

May we live as intended, in a world at peace with the awareness of the

beauty in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile

and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous part of ourselves.

Bless you with every happiness, great health, peace and much love during the

next year and all those that follow.

heck, let me bump this one up too.  How Does the World Work? 

Are we all Schroeder's Human Beings?

• Like 1

Frequency is one way to convey some semblance of an answer.

Even reincarnation is not karmically related to specific actions - it is related to the frequencies built into the patterns of behavior.

You do not go to a "hell" because of Karmic debt - you go to a frequency that is your frequency - if it is deprraved and fearful you will continue in depravity and fear - not punishment - not "doing time for your deeds" - no judgement - simply being in continuity with your patterned frequency until you have time for another spectrum of the universe.

If one is let go in the spaces of the flow - then no pattern has you - you can be with them - you may have fragments of them - but you are essentially all spectrums and none.

Some patterns play and create wonder - some demand and play Chinese finger prison - the entire universe knows nothing of the finger prison players - they don't exist - but they use a lot of water in their tears.

Their is no judge - nothing is in chaos.

When you are in the radiance - it is better than a corn dog on a stick! (with mustard)

Edited by Spotless

Frequency is one way to convey some semblance of an answer.

Even reincarnation is not karmically related to specific actions - it is related to the frequencies built into the patterns of behavior.

You do not go to a "hell" because of Karmic debt - you go to a frequency that is your frequency - if it is deprraved and fearful you will continue in depravity and fear - not punishment - not "doing time for your deeds" - no judgement - simply being in continuity with your patterned frequency until you have time for another spectrum of the universe.

If one is let go in the spaces of the flow - then no pattern has you - you can be with them - you may have fragments of them - but you are essentially all spectrums and none.

Some patterns play and create wonder - some demand and play Chinese finger prison - the entire universe knows nothing of the finger prison players - they don't exist - but they use a lot of water in their tears.

Their is no judge - nothing is in chaos.

When you are in the radiance - it is better than a corn dog on a stick! (with mustard)

You know, I just have to ask you. .

You stated many times that you have been to other planes, dimensions... And that you have helped people through their death experiences.

So I have to ask. Are there any guardians to these other planes? Are there gatekeepers whom assess your condition and then grant or deny entrance based on their assessment?

I've tried to go back to heaven a few times now but Jesus keeps reminding me that it was my choice to come back to earth. Is that not a form of judgement?

When I discovered the world of water and sky with the red sun, Max warned me to stay out until I was ready. He was standing in the astral when he warned me. It took me a week to prepare before I could get into that other plane. Is that not a form of judgement?

My point is that there are other beings who guard other planes and dimensions, who can assess your state and frequency and more, and whom will either allow or deny entrance. So I don't understand why you are freaking out about karma and being judged??

• Like 1

I am not "freaking out" - but it is nice to see you have written an entire post without even one quote - bravo!

I am not "freaking out" - but it is nice to see you have written an entire post without even one quote - bravo!

Just answer the questions.

Were your stories of adventures in the other planes just that, stories? Bullshit?

Or are you afraid that you might have incurred karma by intervening in other people's karma?

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 1

Hi Tibetan Ice,

You are on my "ignore list" - primarily for two reasons:

You generally do not speak but instead cut and paste.

When you do speak you often pick fights and want proofs - and with this you include numerous cut and pastes which you suppose support your positions.

You enjoy immensely the recipe approach - the "what one Must do and have accomplished in order to proceed from A to B"

I wish you all the best but do not wish to derail this thread - and have no interest in your questions.

Edited by Spotless

I am sometimes asked whether the world is deterministic and my answer is, "Yes and no."

BTW, few things are better than a corn dog on a stick (with mustard). A funnel cake would be one of them.

EDIT: Forgot to mention -- it is all about vibrations.

• Like 3

We've been touching on this in the discussion on 32 signs of Buddha and other discussions slip into it. I see the Mystery School on one end. A materialistic mechanical view on the other. Our personal power and outlook lies within the spectrum.

By Mystery School, I'm looking at the strange bedfellows of Fundamental religious and new age beliefs. Where everything is controlled or watched by higher power. Complete control happening, either from God, a universal force or our own godhood. Versus a more modern, nihilistic approach, where there is no controller, watcher or higher force. Only a myriad of influences that we think of as patterns and give names to.

Michael

I think both of these are at play: A certain set of rules exist that ensures that things are pulled in the right direction. A bit like an ecosystem: Atoms come together to form cells, cells eventually form organisms, and organisms eventually evolve into more and more refined entities. 

Those are the general rules that are laid out: The universe moves towards complexity. But within that frame there is vast opportunity for creative chaos - will, decisions, coincidences - all of it so that evolution doesn't become stale or super-controlled like a Soviet economy. Instead it is a creative, evolving and interdependent web of life that never ceases to surprise itself.

Namaste my friends

• Like 1

EDIT: Forgot to mention -- it is all about vibrations.

Vibrations.. I wonder if thats why some see Jesus, others see Buddha or Angels..  So, is Light or Sound the most accurate unfiltered perception of 'knowing' the world? 

I've been rereading 'The Gods Drink Whiskey' and the Buddhist professor who wrote it talks about the 5 levels of reality in Theravada Buddhism.  At its base is nothingness, but after experiencing it, you have to snap out of it and bring the insight and compassion you've gotten from it, into first level, tic toc world of separation.  You can't stay there, not if you want to do any good for others.  

Edited by thelerner

Vibrations.. I wonder if thats why some see Jesus, others see Buddha or Angels..  So, is Light or Sound the most accurate unfiltered perception of 'knowing' the world? 

I've been rereading 'The Gods Drink Whiskey' and the Buddhist professor who wrote it talks about the 5 levels of reality in Theravada Buddhism.  At its base is nothingness, but after experiencing it, you have to snap out of it and bring the insight and compassion you've gotten from it, into first level, tic toc world of separation.  You can't stay there, not if you want to do any good for others.  

Consider, for a moment, the electromagnetic spectrum. Now, electromagnetism is just one aspect of the multi-faceted and all-pervasive "energy" of "that which is" but, like any good model, it can be illustrative to wrap one's head around a highly simplified snippet. The first image below helps to cast the spectrum in contrast to other aspects of existence and the second image helps to cast the familiar "visible light in its place along the spectrum itself:

electromagnetic+spectrum.jpg

1-electromagnetic-spectrum-m.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Tibetan Ice,

You are on my "ignore list" - primarily for two reasons:

You generally do not speak but instead cut and paste.

When you do speak you often pick fights and want proofs - and with this you include numerous cut and pastes which you suppose support your positions.

You enjoy immensely the recipe approach - the "what one Must do and have accomplished in order to proceed from A to B"

I wish you all the best but do not wish to derail this thread - and have no interest in your questions.

First off, this topic concerns "how the world works" so it is not derailing the topic as you suggest.

The world, for the most part works on a system of reward and punishment. We have laws, and police whom enforce them. We have natural laws which function the same way. You put your hand in the fire, it gets burned. It hurts. That is a form of punishment.

Secondly, I see you've judged me. You yourself are a Judge.

In the Buddhist sub forum you stated this:

Whether they hold lineage or not is not the point - many of the translations have been westernized and have lost their intent.

Often the translations were done by Christian monks who have added their bias - (duality).

Much of these teachings are completely misunderstood - as in the quoted pastings I referred to.

This cause and effect karma idea we westerners have and many easterners do as well is incorrect - this is not true as this misunderstanding would have us assess its teaching. This is the same belief system of reward and punishment as our Christian heritage. It has the same heaven and hell type implications - it is childish and incorrect - it is incorrect understanding and or incorrect translation.

In that quote you have called the Christian system of reward and punishment "childish and incorrect"

Why do Reward, Punishment and Judgement stop in the physical plane? Are not the same concepts and practices found in the other planes? Yes they are.

You of all people, who frequent the other planes, should have known that. You should have met beings whom could have explained it to you or demonstrated it to you experientially. That is the part that leads me to thinking that you dwell in an imaginary dream world and have no practical experience of the other planes.

The other planes have their laws too, don't they?

It is a wonderful opportunity to discuss this aspect of reality, isn't it?

Instead, you cast a few aspersions (cut and paste, a to b ), refuse to discus the topic at hand and run away.

Never mind, there was another member in this forum whom had experience in the other planes. His name is Dawg. He would just explain it as he saw it, not run away and hide.

For example, this is what he said:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/30012-a-path-to-enlightenment/

nobody judges you when you die... it is all just simple “cause and effect”… it is not a contradiction to say that atheists can go to heaven… if you are good, you go to a good place… if you are bad, you go to a bad place… imagine that you have a television set, and all of the television channels are the many spirit realms… what you, watching the television set will see when you die, is the channel that your mind is set on… in other words, the voice (thoughts) in your mind (which is your karma talking) determines where you go, and sends you there… then when you use up your good and/or bad karma (accumulated “credit” or “debit”) you reincarnate

Answer to question…2)… all the people who you knew, who have died, should still be somewhere in the spirit world… so you should be able to talk to them… everyone goes to the ghost realm first… then their thoughts (karma) sends most of them on, to a heavenly realm or a hell realm… the ones who don’t have enough good or bad karma to go to a heavenly realm or hell realm… remain in the ghost realm… they look and act exactly the same as they did when they were alive in the physical world, even the same clothes… you may well have seen ghosts walking about on the streets, before they went to the ghost realm, without realizing it, because they look just like everyone else… the ghost realm is a strange place that is very bland and ordinary, without the beauty and powers of the heavenly realms… where ghosts, for lack of knowing what else to do, try to live a life like they lived before they died… they live in “ghost cities”, have houses and possessions and live with other family members, have jobs, and even have restaurants and clubs… (I was once offered a job in a ghost city… because I was walking around talking to the street people, asking them a lot of questions… so they thought that I was dead, and had just arrived… they were very friendly)… they can see and hear, but cannot smell, taste or touch, which makes them yearn to reincarnate in a physical body again so that they can experience “physical pleasure” again… some of the people who are about to reincarnate, are in the ghost realm preparing for their next life… The other consideration is the relative speed of time… from my own experience, it seems that time in the spirit world can move faster or slower than time in the physical world… but I have not been able to see any consistent pattern to it… nor have I heard anyone else give a reasonable description of time in the spirit world, compared to time in the physical world…

But still, I have to say... There are gatekeepers whom will judge you. You seem to think you can fly between the cracks.. Edited by Tibetan_Ice

I like Robert Anton Wilson's explanation: we live in reality tunnels that are mostly based on how our brains interpret and respnod to reality. I like to think genes and neurotransmitters and nerves are little encoders/decoders. Serotonin, aside from being a mere molecule, also contains the experience, or even the soul of happiness. When it courses through the brain the experience blooms out of the chemical seed.

I am a materialist, maybe even a reductionist in some people's eyes, but I've spent a ton of time on the other end of the pendulum as well. I do not see myself as a reductionist. I see complex consequences of complex systems. Anything can happen. And consciousness has expanded the possibility of complexity.

I share some beliefs with the Buddhist folks - there's no self, soul, or any other kind of static psychic character to the human being. I think ego is better described as "behaviors," "patterns," and "processes." Explaining the material in terms of the immaterial is usually called "metaphysics," and I have a fairly strong opposition to it. Rather, I think that with the instruments and knowledge we have available to us today, we can look closely and deeply at the material and suddenly, without philosophical speculation or metaphysical dogma, the immaterial can open up to us in a very personal way. 

I'm an oddcase because I have no particular talent for logic, but thinking in metaphors and metaphysics makes me mentally sick. So I root myself in observable phenomena and let their complexities and interactions awe me. That's about all I really need to know - reality is awe-some. I'll get glimmers of how the damn thing works, but I don't push for it these days.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this