spiraltao

Standing Quan Yin chi kung from Sheng Zhen

I had been doing the seated "awakening of the soul" movements for six months and kept myself at a high level of happiness and overall feeling good. I ceased these to make more time for baguazhang stepping.

I started practicing the Quan Yin Standing meditation from the you tube video of the same name here:http://youtu.be/4cCD0l7COqk, PART TWO is here:http://youtu.be/ANSNaN4x-80

All I can say is HOLY DAN TIAN TAO MAN! No joke, I felt my third eye point like never before, my middle dan tian was the same!

The lower dan tian I am used to, but all three activated together is a feeling like no other. I am still flying from doing this set at seven thirty this morning and it is two fifteen right now.

I was wondering if anyone could provide any extra information on what's going internally when the movements are done correctly, the narration is good though. Maybe the narration is all I need to know.

Also was wondering if there were any down sides to this qigong because of 11 dislikes on the clip, but I too realize that is not very reliable.

Thanks in advance for any help or extrapolation on the subject.

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone could provide any extra information on what's going internally when the movements are done correctly, the narration is good though. Maybe the narration is all I need to know.

Also was wondering if there were any down sides to this qigong because of 11 dislikes on the clip, but I too realize that is not very reliable.

Thanks in advance for any help or extrapolation on the subject.

This is only my understanding to myself and speaking aloud in my thinking.

I have have been noticed all forms of Chi Kung are movements and breathing. How one wants to describe it was strictly up to the individual. What's taken place inside the body will not change. There are thousands of movements in different styles of Chi Kung, who are we to say which is correct or incorrect. If you do them and felt the efficacy, then you are correct for carrying out your intention rather than the active movements. The narration was only the author of the movements wants to believe what they might do to the health of the body. However, what has been taken place inside the body is really the natural biological events regardless what one might say otherwise externally.

Throwing a tantrum on the floor is also movement and breath :lol: What movement, what breath, what does the practitioner need? Some formulas are more efficacious than others :)

Jay, this is complementing your previous work - opening stuff up is in some regards like a multidimensional combination lock. Tried any 3dantiens breathing? If not just yin & yang 'em gently and get the feel of it, that will compliment what this is doing for you here.

Thanks joe blast! I guess you picked right up on my point, these particular movements have helped me feel the energy moving like no other stand alone qigong that I have tried.

I have not tried the three dan tian breathing, but I will! Your advice has helped!

I got my Sheng Zhen Qigong DVD last week, I'm really digging this simple practice!

you don't have any special tips for this particular set do you? Obviously it is the Kuan Yin Qigong, it is from their youtube channel, ShengZhen.

I know this set amazes me every time I do it, maybe the simplicity is the key? At least for me. Simple to get the movement down, ya know? So maybe that is why I am getting good results, because I am getting the movements correct.

These sets are lovely.

Edited by jaysahnztao

I don't have the DVD with this particular set. I have the DVD with the seated movements.

But yes I agree, simplicity and naturalness is the key. This allows the chi to move freely whereever it is needed the most.

you don't have any special tips for this particular set do you? Obviously it is the Kuan Yin Qigong, it is from their youtube channel, ShengZhen.

I know this set amazes me every time I do it, maybe the simplicity is the key? At least for me. Simple to get the movement down, ya know? So maybe that is why I am getting good results, because I am getting the movements correct.

These sets are lovely.

I don't have the DVD with this particular set. I have the DVD with the seated movements.

But yes I agree, simplicity and naturalness is the key. This allows the chi to move freely whereever it is needed the most.

Just curious as to the title of the DVD you have. There are 3 dvd's and I think all 3 have seated movements.

i have 'Awakening the Soul' DVD. The routine the TS practices is from 'Returning to Oneness' DVD.

Just curious as to the title of the DVD you have. There are 3 dvd's and I think all 3 have seated movements.