Everything

Any recomended concentration meditation?

Seth,

Why would Sunya lie, and make the first strike, claiming I can't comprehend Buddhism...when we simply disagreed? There's also your answer as to why I said I schooled him. I didn't just start talking about this private debate out of the blue. He came in here and defamed me, and said no one should listen to my opinion. I clarified and said that his view of the private discussions is way off, by saying I 'schooled' him. From my perspective, I did. From his (and yours without seeing it), I didn't...and he did. Whatever. It's just perspectives. I'm over it.

He did not lie. You do not understand Buddhism.

By the way, he took great offense to this whole thing and called me a BUNCH of shit...and now we are not friends. And by my own choice resulting from the way he responded to me privately, we won't ever be again. I view this as very unfortunate. So thanks, Seth, for perpetuating the hatred. We could just drop it at any time. Perspectives are never the full picture, especially when it comes to individuals who disagree. I know I played a huge role in Sunya defriending me...but we ALL played a big part in making this mess, and it has been unskillful and shameful for each of us...in my opinion, equally.

That's fair.

...I do see who you are. Someone who thinks they are loyal, yet is violently reactionary. Someone who will bend the truth to fit their fight (an example of this is your list of questions, which don't portray me in an honest light, but are completely slanted towards the point of view you're trying to build of who I supposedly am). So that's what that meant. It was also an attempt at letting you know I lack the patience to continue and am essentially done with any discussion.

I am Loyal, but I do not bend the truth.

Yoy did not say "Sunya and I have debated this, and I feel like I won the argument with my valid points, but he obviously still disagrees with me."

Instead you Insinuated that you won the argument, {as in he somehow agreed that you did} but that he was to cowardly to admit it publicly with:

...and also because in our private discussions I schooled you on it and you choose to continue to be dishonest with yourself and everyone else, and ignore that fact.

No bending the truth here, your words.

Whatever. Everything I say is suspect...cool. Fine with me.

you said it...

Yeah, I'm enlightened in the Buddhist sense. You aren't?

Nope I am not. and you sir most definitely are not even close.

After spending many years on the spiritual path, researching and practicing many traditions, you'd think a person could make some sort of claim.

Sure, I have attained certain realisations myself, but I am not Enlightened.

You think it's a lie?

Yep. You are lying to your self about your own level of achievement, and then to us in claiming Enlightenment. lol

I admit that I can seem like a super douche bag or whatever. It's not my wish to make myself appear any certain way to those who wish to perpetuate however I'm appearing.

My views remain unchanged regarding everything I've said in this thread. I'm continually over it and willing to stop this inanity at any point. You must learn to deal with my point of view on Buddhism, which simply differs from your own. Buddhist enlightenment is the first step in Taoist alchemy. Taoism is superior to Buddhism. I stand by those statements, having experienced it for myself. I feel no need to justify them or clarify my points to those who won't listen. I'm not defaming Buddhism by saying it. I'm not incapable of understanding Buddhism, or a lower level practitioner or anything, because I hold that point of view.

You have not experienced Buddhist enlightenment, so no you are not talking from your experience. You may have experienced something that you mistakenly believe is Buddhist enlightenment, and about that state, who knows? It may be the first step of Taoist Alchemy.

But if Buddhist Enlightenment is the first step in Taoist Alchemy, then you have not even taken the first step in Taoist alchemy...

Hey, anyone can recommend some good meditation or training for concentration / focus?

I'm determined more then ever now to train my concentration / focus again. I somehow lost it along the way and get distracted by even the tiniest of thoughts at the moment. It is extremely annoying.

I hope someone can share with me what worked for them?

Sit relaxed and observe your breath...going in, coming out. No guilt, no pressure....just you and your breath....

Sit relaxed and observe your breath...going in, coming out. No guilt, no pressure....just you and your breath....

Always a good path, no matter what your belief structure.

:) :) :)