Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Moderators Stay Out of The Pit !

If you had said that to *me*, oh boy would I yell about it,

and with good reason.

In that case, from this point forward I am going to only send you posts gushing full of love. That's a threat!

:wub:

You don't know me, Tyler. You don't know how far I'm willing to take the posts gushing full of love! :wub::lol:

Where's that bit of Love for me?

WE can bury the hatchet any time you feel like it....

Just not in each others Head. :o

Stigweard, to add my two cents in to this, it seems to me

that the threat Center made was legally actionable!

So when the forum rules say "anything goes," well....

the laws of the land still apply don't they ?

For example:

If somebody was openly trying to conduct a drug deal

in the pit, and then went "oops" do you think the

moderators should then be lenient about it?

But that action can only be taken by authorities if the recipient chooses to press charges. Now I don't know why everyone is getting up in arms about what he said to Strawdog65 here's what he said to me:

I'm taking it that serious. Stig needs to shape the fuck up. If he acted the way he has in this topic to me in person, his wannabe taiji playing ass would be beaten to a pulp. Literally. That's how serious I take someone being personally insulting for no good reason.

So those who think "oh it's just in the pit" keep that in mind. Be respectful towards others as individuals.

Now for me personally that actually is a fair comment. Even though center/Scotty was being a little too precious about own sense of self-importance and if he reacts so easily to someone pressing his buttons then he seriously needs to get the hell over himself. And if he is going to shape up like that then he's got to be prepared for this "wannabe taiji player" to most certainly shape the f**k up and oblige him to his request.

:D

But you are right Tyler that there is certainly a limit of what is acceptable in The Pit, your example is perfect. However center/Scotty's little rant in my view is no where near your extreme.

Perhaps my time doing security at night-clubs has desensitized me that sort of talk. I understand that sort of chest-beating is not appropriate in the open forum, but The Pit is THE PIT and it was set up so gorillas like me and Scotty could go and pound on each other's skulls.

AND it does clearly say "Unmoderated" which means no moderator should assume any mandate for action in there unless it very clearly has become illegal content. I personally don't think that is the case in this circumstance as it was just a couple of goons sharing some chest sweat, at least in my view. And seeing that the threat of violence was made at me I think I have a right to say what the "authorities" do about it.

Stig needs to shape the fuck up. If he acted the way he has in this topic to me in person, his wannabe taiji playing ass would be beaten to a pulp. Literally. That's how serious I take someone being personally insulting for no good reason.

To be clear, this isn't a threat of violence or injury. I'm not saying that I'm going to do that to Stig.

The threat was when I told strawdog essentially, "you don't know who you're talking to, or how far I'm willing to take this: that's a threat."

Once again, that's not a threat of violence or injury.

Besides...everyone has already made up as far as I can tell...so why is this legal action bullshit still being discussed?

Much love to the beautiful woman, Tyler. I'm still waiting for her to yell at me. Soooooo cuuuutttteee! :wub::wub:

But that action can only be taken by authorities if the recipient chooses to press charges. Now I don't know why everyone is getting up in arms about what he said to Strawdog65 here's what he said to me:

Now for me personally that actually is a fair comment. Even though center/Scotty was being a little too precious about own sense of self-importance and if he reacts so easily to someone pressing his buttons then he seriously needs to get the hell over himself. And if he is going to shape up like that then he's got to be prepared for this "wannabe taiji player" to most certainly shape the f**k up and oblige him to his request.

But you are right Tyler that there is certainly a limit of what is acceptable in The Pit, your example is perfect. However center/Scotty's little rant in my view is no where near your extreme.

Perhaps my time doing security at night-clubs has desensitized me that sort of talk. I understand that sort of chest-beating is not appropriate in the open forum, but The Pit is THE PIT and it was set up so gorillas like me and Scotty could go and pound on each other's skulls.

AND it does clearly say "Unmoderated" which means no moderator should assume any mandate for action in there unless it very clearly has become illegal content. I personally don't think that is the case in this circumstance as it was just a couple of goons sharing some chest sweat, at least in my view. And seeing that the threat of violence was made at me I think I have a right to say what the "authorities" do about it.

hi stigweard,

saying something like:

If he acted the way he has in this topic to me in person, his wannabe taiji playing ass would be beaten to a pulp.

is a little different than

No, you're first on my list.Consider that you don't actually know who you're talking to here...you're only assuming you know how far I'm willing to take this.That's a threat.

What's the difference? the first one says:

If he acted this way, THEN yada yada there would be violence.

The second one says:

You are on my list, you don't know who you're talking to OR how far I'll go, and that is a threat (from the speaker).

That is more direct, and it's not talking about a hypothetical situation.

So when you worked at these night clubs I presume you overhead men saying such

things to each other in these clubs, yes?

If you encountered such a situation in these clubs, what was it your

job to do, about the men doing this?

I thought we were talking about center/scotty's threat to strawdog65,

in post #122 of the "gender differences" thread, not the inconsequential

stuff that happened between you and center on page 4 of that thread.

I think it's clear that center was suspended because of his comment to

strawdog65, not anything Center said to you. Therefore, it's not about

you, and apparently you can still have your "fun" with him as "scotty."

Just a thought.

• Like 2

Right...which was nonspecific. I said "you don't know me, or how far I'm willing to go, that's a threat".

I could have been referring to anything. To answer you specifically about what I was referring to: it was posting personal insults about him after every post he made. That was my intention.

Or my intention could have been tickling him...

"You don't know how much of a tickler I am, or how far I'm willing to take this tickling...that's a threat!"

Essentially: stop trying to keep me suspended. It's not going to happen, even if the moderators decide to suspend this screenname. I will simply come back with a new one and a new IP address. I will always love you regardless of what you do, Tyler. :wub:

in post #122 of the "gender differences" thread, not the inconsequential

stuff that happened between you and center on page 4 of that thread.

I think it's clear that center was suspended because of his comment to

strawdog65, not anything Center said to you. Therefore, it's not about

you, and apparently you can still have your "fun" with him as "scotty."

Just a thought.

Roger that, I shall wait and see what the next step from mods are then ;)

Right...which was nonspecific. I said "you don't know me, or how far I'm willing to go, that's a threat".

I could have been referring to anything. To answer you specifically about what I was referring to: it was posting personal insults about him after every post he made. That was my intention.

Or my intention could have been tickling him...

"You don't know how much of a tickler I am, or how far I'm willing to take this tickling...that's a threat!"

Essentially: stop trying to keep me suspended. It's not going to happen, even if the moderators decide to suspend this screenname. I will simply come back with a new one and a new IP address. I will always love you regardless of what you do, Tyler. :wub:

Ah yes, you can always come back with another screen name;

you already have, but there is now a public record on this

forum of your own bad behavior. And it can be made use of

in the future.

And my intention was to stop the support brigade, with

a little calm thinking. Looks to be achieved!

but there is now a public record on this

forum of your own bad behavior. And it can be made use of

in the future.

And there is also public record on this forum of your cute behavior, and it can be made use of in the future!

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Essentially: stop trying to keep me suspended. It's not going to happen, even if the moderators decide to suspend this screenname. I will simply come back with a new one and a new IP address.

Well that's really disappointing, especially as we are still deciding what to do.

In my opinion, there is nothing to decide. I agreed to the rules, and shouldn't have been suspended at all.

If I end up being suspended (with this account too), of course I will come back under a new name and IP address. I like to use this forum. No harm in that.

LOL if I was still a moderator I would vote to ban your ass just for saying this :lol:

Well, I would disagree with such a decision.

As would be your right ;)

Now are we going to shake hands or spend some more time on the matts??

TO THE PIT WITH YOU! :angry::wub:

I'll shake hands when you make a decent argument, or give in.

Bahahah ... I will do better Sensei Cobra :P

Scotty,

Mate I'm seriously confused. "No harm in that" What the fuck is going on with you?

You are the REASON I'm a moderator. Years ago you TOLD me how much you love this place.

Do you truly think you have behaved well recently?

(off to sleep on it)

Mal,

I don't get why you think something is going on with me, if I say "no harm" in my returning to use the forum that I love? That makes no sense...

How I've behaved isn't an issue at all. A lot of people were behaving poorly in the pit. If all of the forum rules applied there (and they SHOULD in my opinion) then quite a few more people would be suspended right now.

However, the issue is: did I agree with following the rules, once we knew there were rules in the pit? That is the ONLY issue here. And I did. So we shouldn't even be having this conversation.

If a decision is made to suspend me, then of course I will have no respect whatsoever for it, and will continue to use the forum under a new screenname. I will also take it personally, since the decision will have been made on personal bias...and that will reflect on my relationships with each moderator after the fact.

If all of the forum rules applied there (and they SHOULD in my opinion) then quite a few more people would be suspended right now.

You kidding?

I love the pit! It makes me think of the good old days, before the mods got involved!

I've thought about starting more threads down there, just to see what peoples' uncensored opinions are. :P

That said, I hear every once in a while that an internet conversation results in one party tracking down the other and attacking/shooting/killing their internet enemy. Soooooooo it is a pretty sticky situation, because some people do make good on their internet threats in a very serious way.

Sloppy,

I've never personally heard of it happening (since it involves high level hacking ability which is very rare, and illegal)...but now that you mention it, if people have been known to track down others based on internet conversations then that's a good reason to enforce other rules such as: no harassing, no hateful messages, no defamatory messages, etc.

Those actions are pointless in discussion, and could drive a violent person with hacking knowledge to act out. Such actions are more likely to cause real violence, than someone saying "that's a threat". In my case, those actions are what drove me to say "that's a threat".

So yes, I do think if there are going to be rules, then enforce them all and make it clearly known that the pit will be moderated.

And besides...as has been repeated multiple times...my non-specific threat took place before we knew there was moderation in the pit. Once we found out, I agreed and said no further threats would take place...at which point I was suspended? So the situation isn't sticky at all.

And besides...as has been repeated multiple times...my non-specific threat took place before we knew there was moderation in the pit. Once we found out, I agreed and said no further threats would take place...at which point I was suspended? So the situation isn't sticky at all.

Well with this I agree.

If rules ARE going to be enforced, then I think we should know ahead of time. You weren't told until after the fact, and agreed when you found out after the fact.

But the reason I think it is a sticky situation is that, since there have been people who have physically tracked down their internet enemies and enacted violent, physical revenge, well, it would be understandable that they would want to remove anybody from a conversation if it seems like they are going that way (even if it is in an unmoderated section).

And, I mean, honestly.... you have mentioned that you are taking things personally, that you are going to hold a grudge, you've mentioned your military experience (as a medic, but stiiiiiiill) sooooooooo I think it's understandable that more than someone's eyebrow would get raised when they hear someone like that saying "you don't know how far I'm willing to go"....

Be that tickling or.... murder...

Sign in to follow this