Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Moderators Stay Out of The Pit !

So if a person is taking a conversation personally...holding a grudge about it...and has been in the military at some point...that makes them prone to murdering!?!? :lol:

It's ridiculous, but I know that's how the minds of many actually work here.

Oh well.

So if a person is taking a conversation personally...holding a grudge about it...and has been in the military at some point...that makes them prone to murdering!?!? :lol:

And they say something that may reflect a desire to commit an act of violent physical assault. Mix it all together aaaaaannnd....

It's ridiculous, but I know that's how the minds of many actually work here.

Oh well.

Yeah, pretty much.

Mal,

You were suspended by the moderators for threatening other members (as if 10 min counts as a suspension) not for your 1/2 smart response to my message.

Since you seem to like timelines I'm forced to point out it was only AFTER you couldn't post that you logged back on as "Scotty" and sort of apologised and tried to clarify what you said.

Mal, I sent you a PM and waited for a few hours for a response. I saw that you read it, and had ignored it. That's when I came on as Scotty, and stated my case publicly.

I made one non-specific threat, in an area of the forum which no one thought was moderated. Upon learning, I immediately agreed to follow the rules.

So what's the issue? I truly don't get it. I don't get why the decision is so challenging, or why you're making yourself into an opponent against me.

It really seems like it's because I made "the nature of men" thread. In my view, that's what all of this boils down to. :mellow:

The reason threats are not allowed here is because of how the conversation goes after a threat. People talk about, the law, police, legal action etc All these things follow after a conversation devolves into threats.

Nobody here needs to deal with that just because Scotty thinks he can carry on however he pleases like

Mal. I agreed to the rules, which no one previously knew were applicable in the pit. That is not me carrying on however I please.

So on one hand you say that you agree to the rules

on the other hand you say you will do whatever you like.

Yup. But 'whatever I like' doesn't include breaking forum rules and wreaking havoc here. I simply said I'd come back regardless of being suspended for some bullshit reason. Why should I honor such a personally biased decision against me? Why would I show any respect to a moderation team who made such a decision?

Put yourself in my shoes for a second.

Perhaps you should indeed return as a new name. You have damaged your reputation with a large number of people quite badly with your actions.

Well it makes me feel great to know how forgiving these cultivators are. I do ONE thing wrong, ONE non-specific "threat" (which I took back, made up with strawdog for, and agreed not to ever say again), and everyone jumps all over my case?

I could give a FUCK about the opinions of such people!

Thankfully, I know there are others here who aren't so ridiculous, and who are capable of realizing it was just a mistake. Who are capable of seeing how things went down, without bias, and just let it go (unless it happened again).

If you aren't such a reasonable person then what more do I have to say? If that's the case, then just go ahead and decide to keep me suspended, and burn that bridge between us. That's on you.

Mal, I sent you a PM and waited for a few hours for a response. I saw that you read it, and had ignored it.

Incorrect. I passed your PM onto the other moderators for their opinion. I'm sory that I did not immediatly tell you that and caused your confusion.

Put yourself in my shoes for a second.

Why do you think I'm trying to clear this up? It takes 5 seconds to delete your account. Frankly I have more than enough support and reasons to do that right now. Understand that, don't think that I am your enemy. I want to help you.

But 'whatever I like' doesn't include breaking forum rules and wreaking havoc here.

Good, thank you.

Mal,

Why do you think I'm trying to clear this up?

So then how shall it be cleared up? I'd like to make it easier on you, and quicker for you. I don't think spending time on this is fruitful for anyone...it's not making the relationship between us, or between myself and the other mods, any better. It's making things worse.

So here is clarity:

1) I agreed to follow the rules.

2) I've made up with the person, and taken back my statements.

3) I offered in PM to go back and edit those other posts.

So what isn't clear? I really don't get it.

It takes 5 seconds to delete your account. Frankly I have more than enough support and reasons to do that right now.

What reasons do you have, really? Please spell them out for me here, because I am not getting it whatsoever.

In my view there isn't a SINGLE legitimate reason to keep me suspended. Not one...for the reasons I've stated multiple times over in this thread.

Understand that, don't think that I am your enemy. I want to help you.

Okay, if you want to be my friend and help, then just lift the suspension and say it was a warning. If I break the rules again (because it will be knowingly..since no one had a clue that the pit was moderated), then you'll have a good reason to suspend me.

If the mods can't see my point of view, then I can't agree with their ability to make decisions, and will show no respect whatsoever towards them.

It takes 5 minutes to get a new IP address and make a fresh account. See how much power you have here? About the same as myself. Remember that we are all just taobums...the playing field is level despite what some may think....so try to see things from the perspective of someone being shunned from a place they love for an extremely poor reason.

Okay, if you want to be my friend and help, then just lift the suspension and say it was a warning

I can't do that by myself. Ok well I can also do whatever I feel like so I really am saying I won't do that because I've promised not to act by myself anymore.

It isn't all about Mal's opinion or Scotty's opinion. The last response I've heard from other moderators was yesterday afternoon.

So you will have to wait.

o.k Scotty, Thanks for your patience. These have really been unprecedented events in regards to moderation and as such they do take quite a bit of discussion.

So here is clarity:

1) I agreed to follow the rules.

2) I've made up with the person, and taken back my statements.

3) I offered in PM to go back and edit those other posts.

Thank you. Please chose what account and name you would like to use and I will merge them together.

Why?

•  
  • Technically it's easier on resources to merge them but that's not really that important (well except for the guy hosting us :lol: sorry boss)
  • Multiple accounts (sock puppets) are generally not cool on discussion boards (but as I pointed out Scotty had NEVER used both his accounts at the same time and is NOT a sock puppet)
  • HOWEVER We have had, THIS year, people on this web site posting from multiple accounts to give the impression that there is more support for their argument - That's not on.

Changing a username for whatever reason - cool

vs

I'll just re-join and continue as I want - totally not cool

So I'm glad we cleared that up.

People may think this is all a song and dance over nothing so I'd just like to finish with this.

We have had members who are mentally unstable.

We have had members who have threatened to hurt themselves and/or others

Sometimes this is just anger, but unfortunately some people really do mean it.

Moderators have had to go to the police to report threats of violence.

Threatening others makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion.

And to have meaningful discussions and learn from each other IS why we are Tao Bums.

o.k Scotty, Thanks for your patience. These have really been unprecedented events in regards to moderation and as such they do take quite a bit of discussion.

I understand, and thank all mods (especially you, Mal) for their patience with my antics, as well as understanding my point of view. That means a lot to me.

Thank you. Please chose what account and name you would like to use and I will merge them together.

I'll keep "Scotty".

Totally understandable, and it will not happen again from me.

And to have meaningful discussions and learn from each other IS why we are Tao Bums.

In that case, I still question whether harassing, and hateful/defamatory messages should still be allowed in "the pit", since threatening isn't. Personal insults are one thing, but those actions are another entirely. Those actions will lead a mentally unstable/violent person towards acting out, and they don't serve anything useful in any discussion.

The rule "in extremis" could be a bit more clear in that section of the forum.

Anyway, thanks again and peace.

3835686433_3006b735ab.jpg

Why?

•  
  • Technically it's easier on resources to merge them but that's not really that important (well except for the guy hosting us :lol: sorry boss)
  • Multiple accounts (sock puppets) are generally not cool on discussion boards (but as I pointed out Scotty had NEVER used both his accounts at the same time and is NOT a sock puppet)
  • HOWEVER We have had, THIS year, people on this web site posting from multiple accounts to give the impression that there is more support for their argument - That's not on.

Changing a username for whatever reason - cool

vs

I'll just re-join and continue as I want - totally not cool

So I'm glad we cleared that up.

People may think this is all a song and dance over nothing so I'd just like to finish with this.

Mal,

Why is it painfully apparent that in all your deliberations you have avoided the obvious that it clearly says "Unmoderated" for The Pit thus meaning you had zero mandate to intercede in the first place. Please address this.

45.gif

Please see forum rules pin and moderation policy thread.

The Pit status is causing confusion, that being worked on (got any ideas?)

It's current roll of "I don't know how to moderate this without suspending a lot of people so I'll put the entire conversation there" helps us moderate. But I never thought I'd be asked to intervene in something in there. So yes it's really confusing.

Sign in to follow this