Aaron

I accidentally shaved off my eyebrow...

I can imagine.:)

So I thought you know some esoteric truth about twins specifically being prone to eyebrow-shaving accidents... His brother, by the way, never has these accidents...

You are really making me chuckle now. Yes, there was a study of 4,000 twins and 2,000 of them shaved off half of one eyebrow. You're really on to something there...

:lol:

I can imagine.:)

The name, huh? I'm definitely no Sherlock Holmes material... missing the obvious.:lol: That, but also my pondering a curious fact -- my husband, who is a twin, and whose eyebrows are rather bushy and might beg for trimming this or that hair from time to time, has had these shaving-off accidents, not to the extent that the eyebrows are gone completely but quite to the extent that might cause someone who knows what they really look like to raise an eyebrow... So I thought you know some esoteric truth about twins specifically being prone to eyebrow-shaving accidents... His brother, by the way, never has these accidents...

now, Twinner, help me zero in on the esoteric something or other that may or may not be there... Are you the first twin or the second? and by the way, I hope your cats live long and prosper, I didn't mean to make them paranoid... I didn't know you had cats to begin with, may they meow on. :)

Hello Taomeow,

My birth certificate says I'm the first twin, but my mother says I was the second, so apparently I'm not Aaron at all, but really Eric, so far as the filed certificates go. My cats are happy and spoiled. I am reluctant to talk to them about the Ancient Egyptians and their love for cats, because they already have tremendous egos.

Aaron

Hi Twinner

I looked into this and I believe the doctor was correct.

Here is a training doc from Coloumbia medical university on the treatment of cuts on a childs face and it says "Do not shave the eyebrows, they may not grow back" From what the doctor told me it is due to the age / development of the child.

Here is the link http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FmG9OPVhQigJ:www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/dental/d7710/client_edit/syllabus/faciallacerations.html+shaved+eyebrow+not+grow+back+child&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

from google with the terms highlighted

here is the direct link http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/dental/d7710/client_edit/syllabus/faciallacerations.html

All I was saying is please be aware if this involves a child

Thanks

Shawn

Hello Taomeow,

My birth certificate says I'm the first twin, but my mother says I was the second, so apparently I'm not Aaron at all, but really Eric,

Thanks for making things easier for me. :lol:

I don't tell my cats about Ancient Egypt either -- not the worship part anyway, I do tell them about how they used to make themselves useful catching mice. In my family, "he/she doesn't catch any mice" is occasionally said about humans, and means "he/she is like a spoiled cat -- minus the looks."

Now this is odd and I don't expect anyone to believe me.

Last night I was mentioning this thread to Joe because of its unusual nature (and kind of funny too). When I spoke to Joe of Aaron's twin I referred to him as Eric. That was before I knew Aaron's twin's name was Eric.

Things hang around the ethers, I'm telling you.... :unsure:

• Like 1

Hi Twinner

I looked into this and I believe the doctor was correct.

Here is a training doc from Coloumbia medical university on the treatment of cuts on a childs face and it says "Do not shave the eyebrows, they may not grow back" From what the doctor told me it is due to the age / development of the child.

Here is the link http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FmG9OPVhQigJ:www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/dental/d7710/client_edit/syllabus/faciallacerations.html+shaved+eyebrow+not+grow+back+child&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

from google with the terms highlighted

here is the direct link http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/dental/d7710/client_edit/syllabus/faciallacerations.html

All I was saying is please be aware if this involves a child

Thanks

Shawn

Hello Shawn,

It may be true, but it's not something I've ever heard before. Again I think it has to do with the scarring preventing the hair from growing back, rather than the fact a child's eyebrows may not grow back. With that said, I will make a note not to shave any children's eyebrows off.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Now this is odd and I don't expect anyone to believe me.

Last night I was mentioning this thread to Joe because of its unusual nature (and kind of funny too). When I spoke to Joe of Aaron's twin I referred to him as Eric. That was before I knew Aaron's twin's name was Eric.

Things hang around the ethers, I'm telling you.... :unsure:

People who don't even know I have a twin call me Eric a lot. Then again, people call me Eric a lot because I do have a twin too.

Aaron

Thanks for making things easier for me. :lol:

I don't tell my cats about Ancient Egypt either -- not the worship part anyway, I do tell them about how they used to make themselves useful catching mice. In my family, "he/she doesn't catch any mice" is occasionally said about humans, and means "he/she is like a spoiled cat -- minus the looks."

See? If I were a monkey overlord I wouldn't go telling them anything good about themselves either :ninja::lol::ninja:

I should add, I'm not a monkey overlord, nor do I agree with monkey overlording. And I should add that Taoist practice and TTC might be a good idea to apply if you believe you have ever been subjected to monkey overlordship. And you think I'm joking. Only ever half the time :)

See? If I were a monkey overlord I wouldn't go telling them anything good about themselves either :ninja::lol::ninja:

I should add, I'm not a monkey overlord, nor do I agree with monkey overlording. And I should add that Taoist practice and TTC might be a good idea to apply if you believe you have ever been subjected to monkey overlordship. And you think I'm joking. Only ever half the time :)

Yup. TTC, to know what they're up to. Sun Tzu, to know what to do about it. I Ching, to know when to do it.

If there was no monkey overlordship, I would be like that Roger Waters character in a song:

You wake up in the morning,

Get something for the pot,

Wonder why the sun

Makes the stones feel hot,

Draw on the wall,

Eat, get laid...

Back in the good old days...

And with the overlords came the second stanza:

Then the goddamn fool

Invents the wheel,

You spend the day listening

To the whiteboard squeal,

You spend the day looking

For a parking spot,

Nothing for the heart,

Nothing for the pot...

(quoting from memory... hope I got it right.)

People who don't even know I have a twin call me Eric a lot. Then again, people call me Eric a lot because I do have a twin too.

Aaron

It's probably to do with the fact that both names sound very Nordic. I think the two sort of naturally go together.

It's probably to do with the fact that both names sound very Nordic. I think the two sort of naturally go together.

Well my first recommendation for anyone that is having twins is not to name them similar names. Nothing is more annoying than being referred to as "Aaron and Eric". It's like we are a set, rather than individuals.

Aaron

Well my first recommendation for anyone that is having twins is not to name them similar names. Nothing is more annoying than being referred to as "Aaron and Eric". It's like we are a set, rather than individuals.

Aaron

I can only imagine the identity entanglement that must happen from the womb on. I'll bet you've had to some serious Bill W. work on that.

Hello Manitou,

I don't want to mislead you, so to be completely honest, I stopped visiting Bill's friends over a year ago. I still appreciate them, but after years of knowing them, I've learned that they could only take me so far, at some point I had to go beyond them to see what was on the other side.

I'm still very clean and clear of conscience, so no worries. I have no desire to return to my old ways.

Aaron

Aaron

LOL!

Hello Manitou,

I don't want to mislead you, so to be completely honest, I stopped visiting Bill's friends over a year ago. I still appreciate them, but after years of knowing them, I've learned that they could only take me so far, at some point I had to go beyond them to see what was on the other side.

I'm still very clean and clear of conscience, so no worries. I have no desire to return to my old ways.

Aaron

Doesn't matter. You understand the template. I stopped going to meetings 5 years ago when I moved to Ohio. My only point, I guess, is that I can't even imagine the identity issues involved with someone you grew with in the womb, even if you have gone your separate ways in life. There must be such good stuff there for examination and amend. If you've done this (which you no doubt have because of your long-term comfort level and continual abstinance), I'll bet the identity liberation was exhilirating. I guess I'd never thought about the twin thing before, so I found myself thinking about it a little. I really didn't intend to ride you, lol.....sorry!

Doesn't matter. You understand the template. I stopped going to meetings 5 years ago when I moved to Ohio. My only point, I guess, is that I can't even imagine the identity issues involved with someone you grew with in the womb, even if you have gone your separate ways in life. There must be such good stuff there for examination and amend. If you've done this (which you no doubt have because of your long-term comfort level and continual abstinance), I'll bet the identity liberation was exhilirating. I guess I'd never thought about the twin thing before, so I found myself thinking about it a little. I really didn't intend to ride you, lol.....sorry!

Hello Manitou,

Ahh... the template. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have some of that template here? The notion that you can have whatever higher power you want and no one should try to convince you otherwise? The idea that through self inquiry we can understand the true nature of our actions? That in the end it is the action that is most important. We can talk about doing what is right until we're blue in the face, but until the rubber hits the road, we wont get very far. Even more important to me is the idea that so long as I turn my will over to my higher power, then I will be guided on the right path, it is only when I start to take control again that it seems like life becomes a mess.

I haven't had work in over three weeks and I am not absolutely sure if I will be able to pay my rent next month. (It looks highly unlikely). When I look at the actions I've taken, I understand that I should've gotten off my butt and found another job, rather than wait for more work to come. A firm life lesson. No worries though, I have a laptop, so if I do end up on the street, I'm sure I can still use wifi to get on the net and visit Taobums. It really is eye opening. I've started to take it one day at a time again. To do otherwise is just way too overwhelming.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner