imonous

Help me rationalize this...yes its alien stuff

I'm completely on board here. We continue seeing what we want to see :unsure:

No need to fear though, we have tools such as spirituality & meditation that allow us to become masters of ourselves and afford us the ability to examine and choose our beliefs. :) Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

I'm completely on board here. We continue seeing what we want to see :unsure:

Intriguing this part. I was wondering about multiple lines of reality the other day. And how wanting also includes not wanting. I mean there are many things of which I am not aware (both good and bad). Doesn't mean they don't exist. Just that they don't exist "for me". But, hopefully, practice reveals just how narrow that perspective is. So what effect, what consequences would this alien activity have on someone who is not "in that space" in their thoughts, their beliefs, their actions etc? None at all? What if everyone around you was living in that space? Manitou, you might have some experience with this with the local fundies?

Edited to add this Rationalizing Not my preferred definition, but I couldn't find that neat post/citation about rationalization as a maybe useful but not true kind of thing to do.

Edited by -K-

Manitou, you might have some experience with this with the local fundies?

I've never heard much discussion at all from the local fundamentalists about the possibility of any type of life, other than an afterlife, and the rapture. (Which to my way of thinking is more likely a UFO event of some nature and tickles me to no end.) But for every fundie in this area, there's a bubba living down a canyon by a stream with tin foil on his windows and a bunch of antennas - I just haven't been real motivated to walk up to Bubba's door and explore his mindset yet. But it's probably more in line with what we're talking about, lol.

The idea of separate realities, zillions of them, is certainly echoed within the Castaneda tradition as well. Even in quantum physics, the Schroedinger cat experiment showed that the decision the cat made couldn't be recorded without an observer, and therefore the results were indecisive as to whether the cat lived or died. It's my hunch that during pivotal times in our lives, perhaps our realities branch off; perhaps there is another reality with another Me in it, except this time I married someone different or zigged this way when I zagged that way in this stream of consciousness.

It would be less creepy without the background music.

I'd like to see these reports on tv in the broad daylight as I'm eating my cereal, maybe I'd get less sucked in :lol:

Will think on it some more, though.

yep, i have been watching the news too and seen these reports.

Hi bums, so today a close friend of mines showed me this video which has me feeling, well rather wtf'ish right now.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhVYIAW66j0ci9k3D7

Try to tune out the Armageddon vibe its quite ridiculous. And before any of you say it, i know, nothing exists. During one portion there's a guy giving a "warning", my first thought was "oh he's faking it". But ive served 9 years as a military interrogator and i am well trained in psychological/vocal profiling, this guy definitely sounds authentic. Im sitting here trying not to even rationalize this but the monkey is running. I don't subscribe to the alien stuff but i can't help but give it second thought. There was once a time when i didn't even believe chi/body energy existed. Now, being the enlightened people you guys are, i'd like to hear your opinions on this. In the meantime im trying to catch this monkey of mines. :unsure:

Having been a nurse since dirt was invented and having circulated through my fair share of ERs, ICUs, and crazy people I can say with exacting certainty a few things about that guy. He is honestly terrified. Is what he saying true? He believes it.

s

• Like 2

If it is objectively so what are you going to do about it? what can you do about it? Is it within your sphere of influence?

If it is objectively false what are you going to do about it? what can you do about it? Is it within your sphere of influence?

It the meantime only you can control your response to external influences. Are you going to panic and shoot yourself because the end is near? Maybe? Or are you going to let yourself be amazed, amused, and respond with detachment? It could happen.

Its your choice.

• Like 2

If it is objectively so what are you going to do about it? what can you do about it? Is it within your sphere of influence?

If it is objectively false what are you going to do about it? what can you do about it? Is it within your sphere of influence?

It the meantime only you can control your response to external influences. Are you going to panic and shoot yourself because the end is near? Maybe? Or are you going to let yourself be amazed, amused, and respond with detachment? It could happen.

Its your choice.

My favorite mental thought-bubble is to be sitting on a corral fence watching the rodeo go by.