Sundragon

Celestial Neigong - Practices, Insights, Comments, etc.

Perhaps light eating is OK. I wouldn't eat a huge meal right before or after. But other than that, there is no serious requirement.

A curious question about this particular style, a lot of Qigong styles say not to eat within 30 minutes to an hour of practicing a Qigong form... Does your Celestial Nei Kung have a similar requirement?

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Thank you very much Shifu Mike, I've been working on the free meditation as of late and plan to get the level 1 DVD sometime this month to extend that training further... This should be quite an experience if nothing else... ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Edited by Shen555

Hi Cian,

Yes, As I said, I'm aware you weren't referring to using power plants, but it was a good opportunity to explore traditional shamanism. Thanks for your clarification...

I wasn't trying to dissuade you from journeying. But rather trying to encourage you to make a deeper commitment by seeking out instruction from a live teacher.

I don't know where you live but perhaps you could seek out instruction from practicing shamans who focus on journeying. Michael Harner's group focuses on this. Perhaps they could help you

http://www.shamanism...shops/index.php

Connecting with others in person I find is very encouraging whereas being a solitary seeker can be sometimes discouraging...

In any case, good luck with your practices. Keep it up and let us know about your progress. you can also join the thunderwizard discussion group.

Blessings,

Mike

Dear Mike,

I've been following your site and sometimes browsing your discussion group already, and your sharing of your knowledge clarified my intellectual understanding of spirit, energy and matter in the framework of complete spiritual systems,and especially on shamanism.

Shamanism as a complete unbroken authentic tradition in Anatolia is already very dead, or hiding very successfully in the deepest waters but its folkloric traditions and rituals are still very alive, in bits and pieces all scattered and never recognised as shamanic IMO. It is a region where you can find many ethnic groups trying to live together, and in all of their very rich folkloric culture I see people dancing by taking forms of flying birds and predator animals, carrying fire with their hands and water on their shoulders,accompanied by a solo big drum and also with a clarinet, now all got watered down, emptied of their meaning and preserved as a touristic attraction.

There are breath-healers and oracles with spirit friends who advise you (illegal of course) and on special days, all folks do certain rituals all of which was once apparently a complete shamanic system like the Teutonic.

In short, I don't have a chance to meet with a live teacher around me, but all throughout my life I was provided with what I really needed when its time came, so I know I will be initiated if I am meant to be or when I am ready. Right now, it is internet and people like you through it. I am really grateful.

Thank you very much for your time, link and the invitation, will keep in touch,

Cihan

Cihan, My brother,

Please forgive my misunderstanding. I remember you now. My previous suggestions were under the assumption that you were in the US or Europe. There are many teachers in those places. People in the US have no real excuse for not finding a teacher. Your situation is different.

However, I will share with you a shamanic truth as I understand it:

Your greatest weakness is your greatest strength

Your greatest strength is your greatest weakness

You are in a very auspicious circumstance because you can study the "tourist" versions of these dances and then ask the gods to help you reconstruct them. Perhaps you can find someone to teach you the dance even if they do not completely understand it themselves. I wish that Teutonic Shamanic dances and songs still existed. They do not. So, you do have a tremendous opportunity!

So, instead of seeing yourself as someone without local teachers, may I suggest that you see yourself as someone who can reconstruct the internal meaning behind these customs you have access to.

Now that I have a better remembrance of your situation, I take back some of what I said. The fact that you had an injury from a spirit snake, that indicates that you ARE called to be a shaman. The average person would not have had that kind of reaction. So, that means that for you it is real. Since it is not feesible for you to find a local shamn to learn from. I suggest that you keep trying. But, yes, please do rituals and prayers first.

Perhaps do some fasting and prayer. Light a candle and ask your ancestors, (Those from your past who practiced shamanism before the current religion outlawed it) ask them to teach you directly and if it is your destiny, they will. If you read my book, you know that I had many doors close on me until I asked my ancestors to teach me directly and they did.

Perhaps your situation is similar. Perhaps you are called to reconstruct your ancestral shamanic path as I am doing with my ancestral Teutonic path.

If you are from Anatolia, you must have some Indo-European ancestral connections either through blood or culture/language. I am about to begin sharing some of my understandings from an Indo-European perspective. Keep an eye out for it. Maybe it will connect some things for you or kick start some understandings.

In any case, I support you in your solo efforts. Study these remaining practices in your country and meditate on them and ask your ancestors to teach you...

Please keep in touch and let me know how it goes,

Mike

• Like 1

Dear Mike,

All clear & well understood.

Was'nt aware of your books, getting them now.

Thank you for your support again,

Cihan

Dear Mike,

All clear & well understood.

Was'nt aware of your books, getting them now.

Thank you for your support again,

Cihan

Dear Mike,

A very quick update & Gratitude :

I got both of your books, and from the first little booklet, I really resonated with all you have written.

While browsing your suggested exercise, I also realized that I had created a huge landscape as my sacred space which demanded a LOT of energy to keep, and created a small space instead like you suggested in a very mild altered mind state. Almost immediately, a dark. sad transparent form with red eyes arrived as well as a lively little blue bird who constantly flapped its wings very fast and remain fixed in the air. My attention of course turned to the unfriendly being, and could not communicate with of both of them, as I was with my family in a crowded street cafe as well as I don't have any accumulated experience of coming across the forms. the first one had talked to me by biting my left leg before :) . The bird remained with me throughout the day all the time except when I went to sleep. (I have not mastered any dreamwork so far).The dark figure faded away, but the bird is still with me today. I tend to forget and dismiss it as I cannot communicate with it, and could not figure out whether it is my spirit animal or protective spirit or just a nice fragment of my fantasy getting stronger by QiGong every day.

Then, an hour ago I came across the info that hummingbird is the messenger spirit from the celestial world in Native American Shamanism.

Well it is an Hummingbird indeed :) (And I am in Anatolia, on the opposite end of the globe) I did not know anything about the hummingbirds' relation with Shamanism before, so this is not any of my conscious fantasy. I will figure out to communicate with it if it stays with me.

I sense that your spiritual support and interest played a major role in this incidence.

With many Thanks and Gratitude,

Cihan

Been doing the free meditation awhile and I must say that the power I'm getting out of it is more in just a few days than any other Qigong style I've practiced for several months to a year. I believe I've found the holy grail of Qigong so to speak in your style. I will be ordering the DVD to further this effect in just a few days, I hope to reach even greater heights as time goes by in my training.

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Been doing the free meditation awhile and I must say that the power I'm getting out of it is more in just a few days than any other Qigong style I've practiced for several months to a year. I believe I've found the holy grail of Qigong so to speak in your style. I will be ordering the DVD to further this effect in just a few days, I hope to reach even greater heights as time goes by in my training.

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Wow! Thanks for the great review! Feel free to contact me with any other questions...

Mike

I have numerous free meditations on the web,

Here are two variations of one of them:

Edited by fiveelementtao

^_^ this is very very useful and great wisdom.

Reconstruction with help of the ancestors and gods

+1

Q

it is indeed

Shifu Mike, I have an important question to ask you if it's alright. I found in a lot of Qigong styles that the tongue had to be on the roof of the mouth, is that so with your style as well? I ask because my tongue rests there on its own and I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. Thanks in advance! ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Edited by Shen555

Good Question!

Yes, tongue on the roof of the mouth is the preferred default position unless breathing out of the mouth like in the Earth Breath.

good eye!

Thanks,

Mike

Shifu Mike, I have an important question to ask you if it's alright. I found in a lot of Qigong styles that the tongue had to be on the roof of the mouth, is that so with your style as well? I ask because my tongue rests there on its own and I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. Thanks in advance! ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Received your Level 1 DVD as of yesterday, watched once so far and looks very simple to learn, this should be fun... I think it'll only take me two weeks to learn the contents thoroughly but I'm sure like all things much more time will be needed to master it. Hope everyones training is going well... ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Update on my training in level 1, finally got around to doing some full on training a couple days ago and I must say this energy has helped me immensely on getting through my day and I have a question, is it normal for this practice to shave hours off of ones sleep? :huh:

Warmest Regards, ^_^

Shen

Hi Shen,

It is not uncommon for people to need less sleep as the energy levels increase. In My experience, this indicates a shift in energy. But, it is also my experience that as your body adjusts to the energy, it will normalize.

But, it is a good sign that you are raising your vibrational level. As always, if it is too intense, you can back off on training. I have also found that a regular routine, will also balance things out as your body gets used to the new routine.

Thanks for the update,

Mike

Update on my training in level 1, finally got around to doing some full on training a couple days ago and I must say this energy has helped me immensely on getting through my day and I have a question, is it normal for this practice to shave hours off of ones sleep? :huh:

Warmest Regards, ^_^

Shen

Good to know Shifu Mike and I plan to keep updating as my training advances, I don't feel like I need to hold back on training yet so I guess my spirit needs this for whatever reason. On another note it seems to be helping my sinuses, they are only about a 25%-30% as bad as they were two days ago, not truly certain if it's the practice but I'll keep going and see if the situation gets to be a non issue or not, heres hoping. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

It's been years since this thread has been updated. Is anybody still practicing Celestial Qigong/Nei kung? Any updated experiences or insights? Thx

I was thinking about going back and doing Celestial Qigong which I tried briefly several years ago. But first I had it tested today by my medical clairvoyant. The results showed it would do very little for me other than cleansing of the meridians in the abdominal area, and even that would not be very strong. He gave it a 2.5 rating on a scale of 1-5. I had him compare it to Fragrant Qigong which came out to be 4.5 out of possible 5. I have been doing Fragrant Qigong for the past 6 months and not ready to learn level 2 of Fragrant Qigong so I asked him to see what level one does for me, and what level two would do for me. Level one showed to be for opening the first chakra and getting the energy to go upward via the spinal centers. It is mainly for the purpose of cleansing so the energy can then move upward. 

He saw level 2 as sending Kundalini up the spine to reach and expand the upper chakras. So level one is seen as a preparation and level 2 is for consciousness expansion. That was an interesting test result because the clairvoyant knows nothing about Fragrant Qigong, yet he was correct in what he described because I have read that level 2 is more for consciousness/spiritual. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tao stillness said:

I was thinking about going back and doing Celestial Qigong which I tried briefly several years ago. But first I had it tested today by my medical clairvoyant. The results showed it would do very little for me other than cleansing of the meridians in the abdominal area, and even that would not be very strong. He gave it a 2.5 rating on a scale of 1-5. I had him compare it to Fragrant Qigong which came out to be 4.5 out of possible 5. I have been doing Fragrant Qigong for the past 6 months and not ready to learn level 2 of Fragrant Qigong so I asked him to see what level one does for me, and what level two would do for me. Level one showed to be for opening the first chakra and getting the energy to go upward via the spinal centers. It is mainly for the purpose of cleansing so the energy can then move upward. 

He saw level 2 as sending Kundalini up the spine to reach and expand the upper chakras. So level one is seen as a preparation and level 2 is for consciousness expansion. That was an interesting test result because the clairvoyant knows nothing about Fragrant Qigong, yet he was correct in what he described because I have read that level 2 is more for consciousness/spiritual. 

I tried Fragrant Qigong a few years ago (for more than a year) and I didn't get any benefit, rather I got chest pain, ie harm. At night sometimes my arms would burn slightly but it was momentary.

I checked my energy system with an acupuncturist and he pointed out that there was excess yang in the pericardium meridian.

I went to the allopathic doctor and they did a general check-up to rule out heart disease.

I could not recommend Fragrant Qigong, I think it generates a certain yang heat in the chest area.

Finally, through Master Tung's acupuncture, I was able to balance the meridian.

On 22/06/2022 at 10:29 PM, tao stillness said:

Thanks! Very interesting. 

I tried fragrant qigong for about 6 months (twice a day) and it didn't do much for me. But I know some people have had good results with it. I hope you will too.

Eduardo, that info about Fragrant Qigong and pericardium, and too much yang Qi is interesting. 

I usually have blood pressure readings in the normal range all my life. Age 74 but have had recent BP at 97, 103, etc. But at times it goes much higher, and I was suspecting that this could be due to Fragrant Qigong. I have not noticed anything significant from Fragrant Qigong, so lately I have been thinking it is time to drop it and pick up a different qigong form. So am glad to read your post about it.