Trunk

Sifu Chris Matsuo

Thanks for posting Trunk. I bought one of Chris's DVD's several years ago (Silk Reeling) and it was excellent.

I just went to ebay and made on offer on the Harai Family Mudras DVD. If it works out that I get it, I will come back and provide a quick review.

Fu_dog can you provide review of the DVD, in case you got it?

Trunk, Zerostao,

i found this review (from xtrememind.com see below). of the 3-in-1 DVD set. They seem to suggest that only the magnetic qigong is useful. Can i only buy magnetic qigong DVD - i went to ebay site but did not see any options for it.

link to review

Frankly, I didn't find the set worthy.

- Magnetic Qigong is really good, there are some usable things there. This one's good.

- Hirai Family mudras, well most of these are Jinshin jyutsu mudras. You can buy Alice Burmeister's book for less than 10 bucks on Amazon. Also there is one additional mudra which you can find on ustream if you search for a video on mudras by the Matsuo

- The thunder palm one, I doubt if you can learn this complex form from the DVD. I just saw it and then found nothing practicable as I don't know the form already.

I found it too expensive, and only the first DVD useful.

turkish,

my focus with DGS is on baguazhang, internal iron palm especially bamboo palm and vibrating palm.

as far as the reiki , mudras, etc i am not qualified to speak.

Hmmm, I must vehemently disagree that martial arts are NOT effective in a street fight. However, one most have the techniques down so well that they are reflex, this is the reptile brain, no? Have u all not been training correctly in regards to the combat elements of baguazhang or wing chun for that matter. I know a wing chun guy that has it mastered and is a couple of years younger than me. He made a guy KO thru a bullet proof vest, with thrusting finger strike. I have seen him end fights with one strike to ST 5.

I have even fought an amatuer boxer myself, when I was in high school, the guy was 30! ...and he was the real deal. ...however I used my head and grabbed his waist and slammed him on the pavement until concussion stopped the fight.

In my opinion if one can't use the martial arts to fight, then they need to open there eyes.

No system is perfect. It's about the person and how hard they train. Remember it takes one thousand kicks in the kwoon to equal one good one on the streets. Our art has and always will be street tested and proven.

I feel sorry for those of you who are missing out on the awesome combat side of martial arts. I assume this could have alot to do with the teacher not knowing the fighting applications.

Can i only buy magnetic qigong DVD ..

I assume so but I am not %100 sure. unsure.gif

Inquire by e-mail: [email protected]

~ later edit ~

Yes. See ordering info at the bottom of my DGS page.

Edited by Trunk

Trunk, Zerostao,

i found this review (from xtrememind.com see below). of the 3-in-1 DVD set. They seem to suggest that only the magnetic qigong is useful. Can i only buy magnetic qigong DVD - i went to ebay site but did not see any options for it.

link to review

He might sell the DVD separately, check the email Trunk mentioned.

As for the review, I researched about jin shin jyutsu and I didn't find a mention of Hirai Family. Furthermore, I saw this sample video http://jinshininstitute.com/flash/quickies.html and it looks somewhat different from Sifu Matsuo's method. So there are variations that might only be available in the Hirai Family version. However, there are 2 more dvds continuing about the hirai family fatigue flows and mudras so you might want to buy those too from their ebay page.

I prefer a video over a book for easier learning and energy transmission. The Kuan Yin is great. I thought the vibrating form was too advanced for me at the time, and it is also

. But there is also a lecture on the DVD. The price is subjective and I think it is worth it because of the rarity of this information, it saves a lot of further searching and costs.

Thanks for the book tip, also that thread has good leads about grounding. Here are more videos about jsj.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Sorry for the late reply. I had a recent e-mail conversation w/ Sifu Matsuo re: this.

Can i only buy magnetic qigong DVD - i went to ebay site but did not see any options for it.

The Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong dvd is available for separate purchase for $108 via paypal to [email protected].

Sorry for the late reply. I had a recent e-mail conversation w/ Sifu Matsuo re: this.

The Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong dvd is available for separate purchase for $108 via paypal to [email protected].

you have that one , right Trunk?

you have that one , right Trunk?

laugh.gif Yes, I have that one! biggrin.gif

On my DGS Reviews page I say that based on three decades of looking and practicing, if someone were to buy just one qigong product, I'd recommend that one. So, yes, I have the Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong dvd. laugh.gif I've even practiced it!!! laugh.gif

Edited by Trunk

laugh.gif Yes, I have that one! biggrin.gif

On my DGS Reviews page I say that based on three decades of looking and practicing, if someone were to buy just one qigong product, I'd recommend that one. So, yes, I have the Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong dvd. laugh.gif I've even practiced it!!! laugh.gif

great! i knew that actually.

lao xie had recommended i get one of these about a year agoblush.gif

well i will have one on the way soon.

plus some kick ass dragon baguazhang, oh yeah

I just saw the DVD listed on E-Bay. With such high praise from Trunk, I may check it out too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuan-yin-boddhisattva-meditation-qigong-Dvd-/260466968497

There is also a very interesting teacher down here in Florida, Sunyata Saraswati, who teaches this form. He will be teaching it in New York City next month:

Shen Tao Innergy Arts (scroll down)

He also wrote a popular book about tantra, "The Jewel in the Lotus".

I just saw the DVD listed on E-Bay. With such high praise from Trunk, I may check it out too:

http://www.ebay.com/...d-/260466968497

There is also a very interesting teacher down here in Florida, Sunyata Saraswati, who teaches this form. He will be teaching it in New York City next month:

Shen Tao Innergy Arts (scroll down)

He also wrote a popular book about tantra, "The Jewel in the Lotus".

inneresting link dainin, have you studied under this teacher?

inneresting link dainin, have you studied under this teacher?

Hi zerostao, so far I have only been to a half day qigong (not Kuan Yin Magnetic) workshop with him, which was very good. I do hope to learn more from him in the future, but my schedule hasn't meshed with the dates of his courses so far. He is very knowledgable and has studied with many notable teachers. He even met Yogananda when he was a kid.

Deja Vu?

:excl:

Perhaps a separate study thread?

There's a 3-in-1 special.

DgsDvd_3in1.jpg

Sifu Matsuo puts out stunningly effective material. I think that once a few bums catch onto his stuff, could become all the rave here. :lol::D

(not to lessen any of the fine teachers in & around already :) )

~ (much) later edit ~

You may order the 3-in-1 for $200 directly from DGS via paypal to the e-mail address [email protected]. Just include in the paypal message area which item you are ordering and make sure that your mailing address is correct. (Thank you! to Sifu Matsuo.)

I suggest getting Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong". Max is one of S.Matsuo's teachers and KYMQ is his presentation of "Kunlun". I've been to Max's seminar, I've seen Jenny's dvd, and I've seen the KYMQ dvd. imo, KYMQ is far and away the better presentation. It includes a whole series of simple movements, of which "Kunlun" is one, all of which are critical and presented with clear mechanics and principles. Read the review and ordering instructions at the link.

This is just my point of view, and is not meant to disparage the pts of view of those devoted to Max or Jenny or any other. Everyone has their path. Just my 2 cents.

kind regards,

Trunk

Feeling a need to take a hard look at this

The last I heard of Eric Yudelove he was here waxing poetic regarding Kwan Yin.

And Doc Morris ? Any one know if he was on this path ? :ninja:

Hi zerostao, so far I have only been to a half day qigong (not Kuan Yin Magnetic) workshop with him, which was very good. I do hope to learn more from him in the future, but my schedule hasn't meshed with the dates of his courses so far. He is very knowledgable and has studied with many notable teachers. He even met Yogananda when he was a kid.

Wonder where he learned the Kuan Yin Magnetic Qi Gong.

Hmm...

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

I assume so but I am not %100 sure. :unsure:

Inquire by e-mail: [email protected]

~ later edit ~

Yes. See ordering info at the bottom of my DGS page.

Trunk, zerostao,

Thanks for your guidance. I did end up coughing the money to buy the set as your advised and i was not disappointed. Thanks for sharing this gift with me - i deeply thank both of you.

sincrely

• Like 3

re-posted from the fb Dragon Gate Sanctuary page with permission:

Water Dragon 2012 Dvd is Available now

Celebrate the year of the Water dragon

$108.00 paypal to [email protected]. Order now and the original Water dragon dvd is included.

27 flowing movements originate from wuji counterclockwise vortexes, developing slick explosive fajing, fa chi and fa shen. Renews the central nervous system.

Full articulate lecture, form broken down into detailed drills, then the form explained.

:o

• Like 1

Does this mean we get two dvds for the price of one? The old water dragon DVD and the 2012 one?post-63620-133566938277_thumb.jpg

Notice Sifu Matsuo throws in the red lightning on both sides and the single palm change toward the end of the form. Is this part of the normal water dragon form?

When I read the desccription it piqued my interest even more, the fa chi and fa shen mainly.;) ;)

Edited by jaysahnztao

Does this mean we get two dvds for the price of one? The old water dragon DVD and the 2012 one?
That's my understanding, based on the phrases Lao Xie wrote (requoted below). Certainly the 2012 is not the original dvd, so must be 2-for-1.
Water Dragon 2012 Dvd is Available now

... Order now and the original Water dragon dvd is included.

Notice Sifu Matsuo throws in the red lightning on both sides and the single palm change toward the end of the form. Is this part of the normal water dragon form?
I've not a clue.

I don't have the water dragon dvds, yet. I just ordered today. :D

I chose the yt video to go along with the post and I don't know if that yt water dragon form is strictly only water dragon or with some variances, additions. So (just as far as I know) the water dragon form on the dvd might not exactly match what is in the yt vid.

- Trunk

from the facebook Dragon Gate Sanctuary page

DVD Release Special for a limited time

Hirai family Jin shin Healing methods (hirai shiki jinshin ho)

[the last students of Mikao Usui in japan]

The hirai family practices mikkyo, japanese reiki, and Jishin jyutsu

called hirai shiki jinshin ho all learned from Usui

Fatigue / Trinity flow. 3 part workshop on dvd

3hrs+

part 1 the psychology and metaphor of the heart manifesting through the hands. The lessons of the point meanings as it pertains to this challenge of doing with the heart rather than leaving it out of the equation. This covers the points and arm psychology.

part II the body point names and psychology. emotional and spiritual aspects of the organs and how they relate to the frustrations of not being able to deal with being or feeling compromised, frustration, resentment,anger, not feeling the power of being able to make decisions and plans about your own life and choices.

part III the core/heart. covers the balance and strength needed to create a strong identity,character,charisma, etc or suffer the fatigue of having your decisions and plans about your life compromised, covers the centerline points, their psychology and meaning. also the lessons they bring. Wisdom and skill.

The Retail price of 200.00 will go into effect as soon as my baby can say 'daddy') for now......

Children's day special 108.00 (paypay to [email protected])

shipping is free