Everything

How to keep warm/cool

Hey, peepol. ;)

Another cold day, freezing hands and ears. I always try and keep my body warm but fail alot at that.

After seeing Wim Hoff/the ice man in ice and stuff like that I've been wanting to do that aswell. He can sit in a hot summer day without sweating and run miles naked in north pole. He has been doing those stuff since a young age, so that might be one thing. Secondly, he mastered the Tummo meditation. I have no clue how he does it. He says it is because of the veins trough which his blood flows, extracting/subtracting bla bla something like that. The muscles in all of his blood veins grow and become smaller on his will? Well... How can we do that?! All I know is that it already happens automaticly, and that you can't achieve this trough meditation. Taking cold showers the veins become small, hot bath or sauna it become big. You can then see the veins pop out on your hands or arms.

I've been checking topics here but have not found satisfying answers. The way I do it now is visualizing warmth trough my body and flames... Doesn't work all the time. I've had one time on a bike, on the coldest day of the year, my right hand being warm and left hand completely frozen. No idea how I managed that trough visualization but I did something good. If I could do that with my entire body it would be awesome. Mainly my hands though... I always run and stuff like that to keep me warm. But my hands stay frozen, no matter how many gloves I wear, lol.

So, I want your help, if anyone got any information about this. My goals are very low! I just want to stay warm with all my clothes on! Not naked, like wim hoff.

One time I got so confident, I thought that I could just ignore the cold and ignore the shaking of my muscles. I would just ignore the cold and move along as if it was a hot summer day, relaxing my muscles. Lol this was hilarious... So easy to do that, but then the next day you wake up with a flue. So now I'm scared to do it again, but yeah thats one way. I can easilly withstand the pain of cold, that is no problem. Having my core body temperature stay high is the problem. Oh, and my hands ofcourse. I don't want to want to get permanent injuries. Already had a minor injury on my toes for weeks just because of one cold day with the wrong shoes on.

Edited by Everything

Hey, peepol. ;)

Another cold day, freezing hands and ears. I always try and keep my body warm but fail alot at that.

After seeing Wim Hoff/the ice man in ice and stuff like that I've been wanting to do that aswell. He can sit in a hot summer day without sweating and run miles naked in north pole. He has been doing those stuff since a young age, so that might be one thing. Secondly, he mastered the Tummo meditation. I have no clue how he does it. He says it is because of the veins trough which his blood flows, extracting/subtracting bla bla something like that. The muscles in all of his blood veins grow and become smaller on his will? Well... How can we do that?! All I know is that it already happens automaticly, and that you can't achieve this trough meditation. Taking cold showers the veins become small, hot bath or sauna it become big. You can then see the veins pop out on your hands or arms.

I've been checking topics here but have not found satisfying answers. The way I do it now is visualizing warmth trough my body and flames... Doesn't work all the time. I've had one time on a bike, on the coldest day of the year, my right hand being warm and left hand completely frozen. No idea how I managed that trough visualization but I did something good. If I could do that with my entire body it would be awesome. Mainly my hands though... I always run and stuff like that to keep me warm. But my hands stay frozen, no matter how many gloves I wear, lol.

So, I want your help, if anyone got any information about this. My goals are very low! I just want to stay warm with all my clothes on! Not naked, like wim hoff.

one way to lessen cold is to relax and not tense up.

Well I'm not ure how actual Tummo is done but if you're looking to increase body heat I would suggest breath control. Try to breath in for 10-15 seconds and out for 10-15 seconds. Sitting cross-legged seems to help, and reverse breathing also seems to help. Try focusing on your dantien and imagining a small fire or hot coal and everytime you breath in the air goes to your stomach then when you breath out through your nose imagine the air going down into your dantien and feeding the fire/making the coal brighter.

Hope that helps for now. LEARN TUMMO!, lol, then come teach me how to do it :P

-Astral

Dear Everything,

If you want to get warm, practice bhastrika pranayama for 15 minutes. The more you do the warmer.

However one must do it correctly

exhale strongly by contracting the abdomen and drawing it in then relax it and let the air come back in.

Do this in rapid succession of around 2 expulsions per second and keep up for at least one whole minute.

Then inhale and hold breath for a while (not much needed).

Then rest and do another round.

It takes practice but if you do it well you'll get warm.

Kap1, teaches a version of tummo using a long breath pattern and visualizations, see Santiago's and/or posts on Kap. Herbs that increase blood flow tend to make you feel warmer ie gingko, pycogenol, vitamin E etc. There was a winter I was taking pycogenol and E, I remember being able to make snow balls empty handed without getting cold, it really impressed some students I was teaching from the Philippines. Getting used to cold showers as Center mentioned works.

I'll end my showers with cold water and do some reverse breathing w/ holds as it gets cold. Strangely when you get out you feel warm.

Michael

A reputable TCM doctor I know favors clothes... :) ...and asserts that Westerners don't know how to dress for cold weather. The trick is to dress the lower part of your body very warmly. The Chinese have invented padded pants! The Japanese have invented a pillow to wear over the kidneys! Keep your feet and your kidneys warm. Keep your head warm too -- you accumulate cold in the lower body and lose heat through the top of the head. So what you wear on your feet, legs, over your kidneys, and on your head matters the most. The Western way is to pay most attention to the upper body clothes -- which are nowhere near as important.

Another item of common TCM knowledge: if most of your food comes from the refrigerator, you accumulate too much cold in the body. And if you drink anything ice cold, you extinguish your Digestive Fire, so the food you eat doesn't warm you up properly. In China, they always serve water or tea with meals -- HOT. I would be so happy if I never saw another ice cube floating in my drink... no such luck here in the US when dining out. And I have friends with refrigerators equipped to dispense ice cubes into their drinks, what a marvel of technological health-sabotage!..

Everything! :-)

I'll share what I do. I take cold showers very early in the morning, say 4.30AM.

Wear white cotton clothes and cover my head with a soft cotton cloth. Keep my feet and lower body wrapped in a shawl on colder days. And sit down to meditate.

I do simple rhythmic breathing.

Followed by Vipassana meditation.

I don't feel any less colder during the day, but I sure do feel alive.

Try it for 41 days.

God bless

Adishakti