John Zen

Best book on Tantra?

Given your claim to absolute truth, why do you even care what others believe? Why the insecurity of belief?

Buddhism has no absolute truth as the fact of dependent origination reveals how any view can manifest itself as truth, thus the "absolute truth" of other traditions become valid for those that hold that view, simply due to dependent origination. In Buddhism, there is no absolute truth, and that is it's absolute truth. It really is a different view.

You might get it one day. I am because you are, we are inter-dependent. Because of ones view, ones reality manifests dependent upon it.

This includes your view of me, which conditions the reality you perceive when I appear in front of you. You are the god of your own reality, and at the same time, you only exist because of all other beings, so you owe us all, as I owe you all.

Those traditions that posit an absolute Self, or supreme self existing origin... do not see this insight clearly, thus they do not attain liberation from ignorant recycling.

Vaj used to to talk and talk and talk about the superiority of budhism in every damn thread. Eventually he found that this was not entirely wholesome and started retaining his budhist superiority belief energy. But like most people practicing retention he finds that once or twice a month a realse feels natural and then he ejaculates a ton of budhist superiority writings such as now. On the whole this situation is OK and balanced as for the most part neither he nor we loose energy in endless dogma debates and we get the benefit of his vast knowledge without the religious fervour but once or twice a month release is necesarry as otherwise Vaj would eventually explode and the energy drain in is very little on the rest of us. Actually just like seminal retention when one ejaculates only once every now and then ejaculations can actually be energizing. Especially if it is done with love.

:lol:

Oh man... that was funny.

Thanks for that markern. Sorry to be seen by you as so, domineering. I can always take myself less seriously.

I wish you all the best! Good day.

Buddhism has no absolute truth as the fact of dependent origination reveals how any view can manifest itself as truth, thus the "absolute truth" of other traditions become valid for those that hold that view, simply due to dependent origination. In Buddhism, there is no absolute truth, and that is it's absolute truth. It really is a different view.

You might get it one day. I am because you are, we are inter-dependent. Because of ones view, ones reality manifests dependent upon it.

This includes your view of me, which conditions the reality you perceive when I appear in front of you. You are the god of your own reality, and at the same time, you only exist because of all other beings, so you owe us all, as I owe you all.

Those traditions that posit an absolute Self, or supreme self existing origin... do not see this insight clearly, thus they do not attain liberation from ignorant recycling.

I have already understood cause and effect and have moved on from discussing it. However, you have some deep desire to preach about it. Why is that?

Dependent origination is your absolute truth whether you like it or not.

Edited by ralis

I have already understood cause and effect and have moved on from discussing it. However, you have some deep desire to preach about it. Why is that?

Dependent origination is your absolute truth whether you like it or not.

Dependent origination is not merely cause and effect.

You don't understand how flawed and merely intellectual your interpretation is. It doesn't seem to me that you have a good internal understanding of luminous emptiness in reference to dependent origination.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Edit: refs removed

This manifestation has returned to the void :)

Edited by rex

Vaj does not represent buddhism in any way He is not even knowledgeable about it honestly.

But he is right that DO is the ultimate teaching, especially lhun grub

Edited by alwayson

Vaj does not represent buddhism in any way He is not even knowledgeable about it honestly.

Alwayson, I have read most all the suttas and sutras, and plenty of tantras, as well as Dzogchen texts.

But, nice try in diminishing me.

Alwayson, I have read most all the suttas and sutras, and plenty of tantras, as well as Dzogchen texts.

But, nice try in diminishing me.

My point is that one should look to actual teachers instead of unknown people on the internet. That includes me.

And I don't think that you are very knowledgeable about buddhism. That is my personal opinion. That doesn't mean you are a bad guy.

Edited by alwayson

My point is that one should look to actual teachers instead of unknown people on the internet. That includes me.

And I don't think that you are very knowledgeable about buddhism. That is my personal opinion. That doesn't mean you are a bad guy.

I could name in succession the hundreds of buddhist texts I've read and poetic pros by historical buddhas from all the buddhist traditions that I've read if that helps you understand that you don't know what I know about Buddhism. Actually I probably couldn't remember them all, but I've read hundreds (in the plural) of Buddhist texts, commentaries, scriptures and poems by Buddhas. I'm not all that ignorant on the subject.

I also have inner experience of the concepts presented in Buddhism.