mewtwo

siddhis do you believe in them?

But the idea of groups of people having a hive mind or the ability to communicate telepathically with each other may have some merit.

Well I should hope that it has some merit because they are all over the place. I now label them as mystic masters. Many of them spend more time on the other side of the veil, communicating with each other and all the myriad types of spirits, than they do talking with people. I mean, if they could talk to no one but Moguls all day they would die of boredom.

I believe some Australian Aboriginal tribes were known for this ability as well. Rupert Sheldrake has done a lot of research into telepathy and argues that groups of animals or humans have a 'morphic' field connection. Basically saying it has an evolutionary basis.

Well I should hope that it has some merit because they are all over the place.

Well not so many now :) There were many more BC (before church) and since then the numbers have been dwindling fast.

Now it's a race to see who will make it to the slaughterhouse first, the mystics or the Moguls.

Anyone willing to bet?

IMO and IME, Siddhis are, at best, nothing more than an entertaining distraction.

I disagree with this appraisal. While psychic powers do not equal wisdom, nonetheless wise people have psychic powers.

Psychic powers are not any more entertaining distractions than other skills like carpentry, plumbing, car repair, and programming. In fact, they are useful skills that make life easier. The most easily useful psychic power is the ability to heal quickly. The ability to withstand the elements is also useful.

I don't recommend worshipping anyone based on psychic powers. At the same time, everyone should try to develop at least some psychic powers, especially those that easily improve the quality of life, such as say healing. A simple thing like being able to concentrate on one topic without getting lost in tangential thoughts is a good and easy to attain psychic power for pretty much everyone. The ability to control pain is another one.

So psychic powers are not anything I worship, but nor do I scoff at them. Oh, and I also think that the danger of getting caught up in them is real but often exaggerated. You must be pretty damn stupid to mixup a skill like carpentry with enlightenment. So even a half-intelligent person is safe from such a mixup.

Edited by goldisheavy

Apparently we can, we just don't have the instructions to change the frequency of the whole body. It would take a hell of a lot of energy work, be easier to bulldoze.

When I used to practice psi wheel in my younger days, I came across an article on a related psi site where a guy had a problem of waking up partly inside his bed. I think it happened to him twice, he described it as very painful and frightening. He called it phasing.

TF

so you guys believe in them. But what if they were some sort of metaphor not to be taken literaly?

Then those who believe in them would be wrong.