sunshine

gallstones: flush or operation ?

Hi fellow taobums...

finally I am free without gallbladder and the therein included stones... and the inflammation and the pain... and the breathing problems, the vessel palpitations as well as the stagnation in all of the belly...

a week ago it got taken out by laparoscopic surgery. In the 2nd attached file you can see where they placed the tubes to work through...

The reason I am writing this here is because gallstone-flushes got discussed in the past and I hope to add a different „flavor“ to all that... one flavor is: I really belong to the 4F-category of people being prone to gallstones:

FAT, FEMALE, FOURTY, FERTILE

(slim, male, 20 as it started... and the rest is history)

:lol:

If I remember right I had my very first most severe attack of colic around 20... its a kind of „death pain“ hard to describe... usually in Germany they take the gallbladder out in such cases (as long as the stones make no troubles they don't worry... but as soon as it does there is the danger of a stone getting into the ductus – only about 3mm wide! - leading to the intestinal were it has to pass a sphincter first. If a concrement - „stone“ - traps there it can lead to pancreatitis which is a pretty severe complication!

At that time I did not want an operation for whatever reasons... but over the following 15 years I tended to have subchronic to chronic inflammations of the gallbladder...

4 monthes working in surgery myself really did not help me to go for that... after cutting of the gallbladder they have to „burn“ the wounds in order for the bleeding to stop... still remember the smell... and I knew that any operation has its risks (about a week before my operation we buried a wonderful colleague who died after a laparoscopic surgery – 5 days later – likely due to perforation of the intestines... as my ma got hers out 2 other women that stayed in her hospital room died as well)...

meanwhile I made use of a chinese herbal combination called „stone tea“... and it helped to calm the inflammation down up to the point were I did not „feel the stones“ any longer...

back at the beginning of last year things got worse again... my belly got close to the point of being „hard as stone“... which usually should be taken as a most severe sign and needs immediate surgery.

Again I ordered the herbal formula... it helped with the inflammation but I got a substance induced psychosis... as it started I thought it had to do with the kundalini meditation (KAP I was starting at that time...) and all the symptoms I experienced over a period of 3 monthes actually came pretty close to what is described on „kundalini syndrome“... the reason I did not atribute it to the herbs was due to the „psychotic effect“ starting several days (about a week) after first ingestion. One could say it was close to what people report who had a bad trip on LSD.

[Why I reacted that time that severely to the herbs might have been due to my „TCM pattern“ at that time not having been fitting the herbs (actually the other way round), the herbs having been contaminated (a possibility) or whatever... - one of THE experts on herbal medicine in Germany recently had a look at that formula and said that exactly that one currently is under observation in China due to it having become known as possibly leading to hepatitis.]

Three monthes later (my condition mental and healthwise got worse and worse) the herbal supply vanished and three days after that in a sudden instant ALL my symptoms vanished!!! -

THAT was the moment I finally decided to go for the operation!

I had thought about the flush and even tried it (just twice without anything happening: people report of up to 10 and more flushes before they take effect) for the following reasons:

I had this deep sitting fear, knowing that one tube during the laparoscopy has to go through the belly button (one can see that nicely on the picture), that this will virtually DESTROY ANY CHANCE of me developing a Dan Tian or do deep damage to my internal energy (although this is still just a concept I read about it was so real to me as a possibility that I had that fear!)– I had that fear even though Stephen Birch, one of the teachers on Japanese acupuncture, said that year that the damage due to the inflammation might be equally problematic (we were not speaking about the energetic centres though but about internal scar tissues possibly letting the flow of energy run bad).

Michael Lomax & Terry Dunn took that fear having been kind to reflect on their view on energy and their practices developing it.

THOUGHTS ON THE FLUSH:

If you now look at the pictures (1st attached file : stone size in relation to hand/finger size) and then you look here:

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/71/Gallstones.jpg

(which my own gallbladder likely has looked like full of stones)

I do not think that these stones safely can be flushed without any risk! The stones are indeed HARD like stones and while I know that babies make it to the world through a channel you never thought could widen that wide... I would consider the risk of a finger tip size stone (one of the stones of my room mate at hospital was 3 times as big in dimensions as my general ones - his are actually those on the upper left of the pictures in attachment number 1) to get stuck in a 2-5mm wide ductus to be fairly high!

I want to add that the other guy being at the room with me had a perforation of his gallbladder during operation... had this happened outside he might have not made it safely to hospital even.

My conclusion is: a flush might be great for helping the liver to cleanse but should better not be undertaken if indeed there are stones!

Ahhhh and: if you look at the 3rd of the attached files: there you can see that my gallbladder was already like a moth in a cocoon surround by fibrous scar tissues... which beautifuly makes clear why I had so many troubles performing belly breathing exercises! (see a „healthy“ one here:

http://www.lotusimprints.com/new/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/gall_bladder4.jpg )

so much from me on that issue. Hope it was interesting to some...

with smiles

Harry

Untitled(BD673948).tiff

Untitled(0D8355C9).tiff

Untitled(5E8FFA4E).tiff

Edited by sunshine
  • Like 1

That was really interesting Sunshine.

I had some issues with my liver and gall bladder, I did a few simple cleanses / flushes and got some pretty amazing benefits from them. But it seems your problems were a lot more serious than mine, you most certainly took the right decision (I'm no expert..:)).

Thanks a lot for sharing your story and all my best wishes for a full recovery.

Holy Cow! I never realized how bad that was for you, glad you got that taken care of - unfortunate that surgery was required but sometimes it is necessary - I had similar reservations about my back but then again...form is inherently empty, equal to supreme ungraspability...if you are sincere in your cultivation then ultimately this speed bump will have brought greater understanding and deeper conviction - scar tissue can be transcended. :)

Hey sweetpea.

I aint gonna look at no photo's of such things, domtmakeme.

Thanks for posting about it for everyone.

So glad you are better.

xxx

lots love.

A tiny little update... not to complain but to share for those that might

have similar troubles like me...

had to get back to hospital last Thursday...

seems like I just have to try out every possible consequence of what

I do just for the pure learning experience :rolleyes:

Seems like a tiny little stone still was trapped and produced a colic...

somebody recently asked: how much pain can you endure...

I'd say: if you manage colic pain you can manage ANY pain...

but then I get told that those of kidney stones is even worse...

I assume there is always the possibility of things to be worse than they are

so I won't complain :blush: and I am fine again... :D

but it shows the dangers of it all. Today they wanted to perform an endosonoscopy AFTER already having been through Sonography & MRT of the pathways and ducti...

luckily the doc in the internal department himself said he wouldn't do it... and the risks to perform the method while not that high any longer are still high enough to outweigh better waiting for another colic and going from there...

Best to you sunshine.

:wub:

I aint gonna look at no photo's of such things, domtmakeme.

I'll show them to you when we meet in January ;)

Thanks for sharing sunshine - hope you are feeling much better now.

Thank you, I indeed do... experiences like that really DO teach you how lucky

one is if things are fine... we tend to forget too often...

Holy Cow! I never realized how bad that was for you, glad you got that taken care of - unfortunate that surgery was required but sometimes it is necessary - I had similar reservations about my back but then again...form is inherently empty, equal to supreme ungraspability...if you are sincere in your cultivation then ultimately this speed bump will have brought greater understanding and deeper conviction - scar tissue can be transcended

Oh boy... what about your state today? back quite okay?

You are right about the "greater understanding and deeper conviction": I DO take ANY experience as lessons to learn... if you don't than you feel bad about things just happening to you... if you do one can make the best of any situation! I have thought about the "transcendence of scar tissue"... a lot: yor positivity - as pointed out by "Reinbow_Vein" - is a highlight... still we often are like souls "trapped" in a body that does not want as the soul does. Necessary learning experience and still some

do not manage to transcend anything cause of their physical limitations... am I glad

that indeed it just is scar tissue :)

Thanks a lot for sharing your story and all my best wishes for a full recovery. .....- I had some issues with my liver and gall bladder, I did a few simple cleanses / flushes and got some pretty amazing benefits from them.

Thank you :) Actually I intend to do some flushes in the future... just in case... and the really big stones are out now... so it will be a kind of "maintenance cleansing"... each method at its appropriate time I assume.

all enjoy a great day

with smiles

Harry

Hi there sunshine,

hope your health troubles will soon be over and you will feel good as new.

I am of the opinion that flushes are a bit harsh on the system and there's slower, surer methods to prevent and remove gallstones, of which the simplest and pretty efficient one is to take beet juice on a regular basis, 50 ml daily (you can take up to 300 ml but only in divided doses, one single dose shouldn't be more than 50 ml). Unlike other juices, it mustn't be consumed fresh (this is important to remember -- if you start drinking it fresh you develop intolerance, there's some substances in it that you don't want to consume, that however degenerate rapidly and do not pose a problem an hour or two after you make the juice). Let it stand for at least an hour in an open container before drinking. The oxalic acid in it dissolves the stones slowly but surely (and prevents cancer too while at it), while its blood-building properties support general health and stamina.

Also, I would compensate for the missing galbladder by including bitter herbs in your daily regimen to aid digestion. The simplest thing (unless you are like me and store dozens of herbs in the pantry and like to concoct your own formulas) is so use a tincture known as the Swedish Bitters, available at HFS. I would also add digestive enzymes to your every meal -- look for a formula that includes ox bile. Good luck!

Hi Harry!

nice to see you're on top of things.

don't worry about doing what's needed to be done.

many of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for the 'depraved' modern medicine, hehe.

we owe it alot...

keep up the good work

and follow lady Miao's advice!

speedy recovery

L1

Hey Sunshine good to hear you're doing just fine.

I just had a colonic irrigation, you might want to consider this procedure has a step toward ultimate health.

I realized this morning that it made me lose two kilos in three days !!!!!!!

I feel much lighter and flexible it really helps with deep belly breathing and full lotus.

All the best to you.

many of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for the 'depraved' modern medicine, hehe.

we owe it alot...

Better than that. Avoid getting there in the first place. That's called prevention.

Gallbladder is a nasty Yang organ capable of intense Fire and chronic health issues of left at the mercy of modern lifestyle. Nourish the critter and it won't cause pain otherwise you will find out soon what is capable of. Main reasons of screwing badly the GB:

1. Stress

2. Eating past 6pm

3. Going to bed past 10pm

4. Alcohol and drug consumption

5. Lack of physical activity

6. Poor diet

7. Karma

Edited: Typos

Edited by Gerard