Badogue

How many ejaculations per week I can have?

agreed with all that has been said before,

but if you wish to to retain you should be able to do it without having a wet dream every 4 days.

Consider going to a chinese doctor to see if your yin is a bit weak.

You might strengthen it with diet (fish, for example).

Just little tweaks, no need to worry.

Beside at your age is better not to take herbs,

as this would take away their strengthen when you are older and really need them.

How many that have had problems with Sexual Kung Fu as taughty by Chia in his books actually ever attempted to contact a Healing Tao Instructor as directed to do so in the books? How many have not had problems and never came to a forum to discuss not having problems?

Researchers are finding more and more evidence that premature ejaculation is mostly psychological and that it's caused by stress and intimacy issues. If you are really worried about this, then perhaps you should try to reduce the stress in your life and examine whether or not you have issues with intimacy. Personally all I can say is that nearly every man in their life will experience premature ejaculation. It's not the end of the world and it does pass. I told you not to worry before and I'll tell you again, don't worry.

Also if you're only prematurely ejaculating during masturbation, that doesn't count, because the way they identify whether you are actually prematurely ejaculating is whether or not you are ejaculating before your partner.

The exercises that they prescribe in most cases have to do with stopping prior to ejaculation in an attempt to lengthen the period before orgasm. This has mixed results and doesn't always work. I am not a doctor so don't take this as medical advice, I'm only stating what I know, not recommending anything.

If I did recommend something to you, it would be to chill out and relax, let it go and don't worry. Life is too short to worry about something like this. Enjoy life. Have fun. If you have a partner, explain to them that you're prematurely ejaculating and I'm sure they'll understand. Just keep in mind there are other ways to ensure your partner experiences an orgasm prior to your ejaculation, so really premature ejaculation for me is just impatience.

Aaron

Thanks. I really like your advices. For me, now, relaxing and hearing usual advices its been more helpful than learning lots of theory and practices from books. Thanks.

This is the problem. Getting sexual energy techniques from books...

Both Mantak Chia and Michael Winn have publicly reversed themselves on sexual kung fu as a result of many people who have severely injured themselves from their books.

one of many recent casualties of Mantak Chia here on TTB's is here

This is just one of many. Some Medical Qigon practitioners here on TTB's can also tell you of the many patients they have treated who have severely screwed themselves up practicing this stuff from books. Some people now cannot get erections and much worse.

Yes. I agreed. And I really dont understand why there is so much people defending the practices so blindly. Seems like there is some too young dudes here who are too blind by his own egos, and so fascinated with the practices, that they cant even recongize that there is risks.

By the way, I have premature ejaculation both in sex and masturbation.

But there is a interesting point. If I masturbate without thoughts, nothing happens. But if some lust tought comes to my mind, then imediately I ejaculate.

Its simple

If you are having two wet dreams a week then your vitality is already overflowing

You now need to find a partner with good chi and empty your cup.

For premature ejaculation try relaxing your muscles before and during sex.

also work on stillness meditation. When your mind is still and truely open sexual energy can flow freely throughout your body and aura.

You have to realize that your abundance of sexual desire is one of the greatest strengths. Once you have learned to be in harmony with this great energy inside of you then your sex life will prosper and you will rapidly progress on the journey to enlightenment and vitality.

You are not suited for the practice of semen retention. You will find that you will benefit more from dual cultivation.

Edited by phore
  • Like 1

You seem to make the claim that Winn and Chia have not publicly reversed themselves on their Sexual Kung Fu techniques.

Here is Michael Winn Himself admitting on his forum that he has reversed himself on numerous sexual techniques

Just to be clear, Winn does still advocate balanced retention and other sexual practices.

Of course, he would say a live instructor is preferable, but that it is not totally necessary to safely get many of the benefits from the sexual practices (going to a higher level does require a teacher). He offers audio courses because he thinks these provide more of a 'transmission' than books. His study plan has competence with the Inner Smile, Six Healing Sounds, and Microcosmic Orbit as a prereq for learning the sexual techniques.

Also, responding to Twinner's comment on the first page, appreciating the energy loss of ejaculation is not the same thing as thinking sex is bad. On the contrary, many begin learning the Healing Tao techniques to enhance their sexual pleasure. And they work, if done properly.

But I do agree that moderation and having a healthy perspective are most important.

How many that have had problems with Sexual Kung Fu as taughty by Chia in his books actually ever attempted to contact a Healing Tao Instructor as directed to do so in the books? How many have not had problems and never came to a forum to discuss not having problems?

Hi Walker... I don't know... I think you have the priorities backwards. Let's assume that it's only 2%... That's still a big number. Assuming that they have chosen not to contact a healing Tao instructor. Let's ask why? For those I have heard about, the physical symptoms are so severe that contacting HT instructor is really not the issue anymore. They just want their health back and I don't think the average HT instructor is qualified to treat people with severe physical illness or symptoms. The fact remains that it is a very risky practice even under the supervision of a master. HT instructors are not masters. And just because Winn and Chia are familiar with these techniques and teach them does not make them masters either. I know some methods too, but that does not make me a master in regards to sexual kung fu. Winn has had to go back and "update" many of his practices as a direct result of a large number of people who have become seriously ill. (and those are only the ones we know about.) So, just because others have not had problems does not mean that those who have had problems are somehow at fault. That is why these practices are traditionally only taught in person.

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 2

Well I tried to make a difference here, sharing my own experience.

I have made a thread in the article section, that seems to be quite popular - if we look at the hit count. It rested there, I didn't make much fuss out of it, yet people read it and I like to think that they got their second opinion there.

In time, the opinions modified towards some kind of balance.

They start to understand that they have their share of responsability also.

And now it's known that Universal Healing Tao is not just about sex - that's what others want you to believe... UTS means a whole, integrated system, that has tens of thousands of practicioners... and instructors themselves, by the hundreds.

It developed into many branches, with many good teachers that have their own talent of putting things into certain perspectives..

Unfortunately some practicioners cannot get over their negative experience, and project their feelings into general assumptions.

If anyone is silly enough to trust other peoples' ideas before having their own (having your own experience with sexual gongfu means practicing in a rational, educated, non-compulsive manner, which, I must say, is quite rare).... well, I think I'll stop here ^_^

L1

Edited by Little1

Hi Walker... I don't know... I think you have the priorities backwards. Let's assume that it's only 2%... That's still a big number. Assuming that they have chosen not to contact a healing Tao instructor. Let's ask why? For those I have heard about, the physical symptoms are so severe that contacting HT instructor is really not the issue anymore. They just want their health back and I don't think the average HT instructor is qualified to treat people with severe physical illness or symptoms.

If I buy a product and have problems with it, I would first contact their customer service help line for the company for that product. Who would know more about the problem I am having with the product than those trained to know about the product.

If one is having problems with a particular practice, such as this, why not contact someone that has been trained in the practice? They would most likely know the most about the problem and how to help. Why should someone trust an anonymous person on a forum over someone who is trained and certified in the practice? That is not to discredit anyone here on the forums. I have read much and know that there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

Don't take it that I am not compassionate towards their dilemma. I want them to get the help that is needed to correct their problem. I just think the best way to do that would be to get in touch with someone that has experience with it. No one has to continue the practice if it is not right for them, but they need to correct their problem first.

If I buy a product and have problems with it, I would first contact their customer service help line for the company for that product. Who would know more about the problem I am having with the product than those trained to know about the product.

If one is having problems with a particular practice, such as this, why not contact someone that has been trained in the practice? They would most likely know the most about the problem and how to help. Why should someone trust an anonymous person on a forum over someone who is trained and certified in the practice? That is not to discredit anyone here on the forums. I have read much and know that there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

Don't take it that I am not compassionate towards their dilemma. I want them to get the help that is needed to correct their problem. I just think the best way to do that would be to get in touch with someone that has experience with it. No one has to continue the practice if it is not right for them, but they need to correct their problem first.

Hi Walker,

I think the best way to correct the problem is not create the unnecessary scenario that creates the problem in the first place.

Perhaps you have been one of the majority without problems. perhaps you are a certified instructor. But, why does that preclude you from stepping back to at least consider the possibility that the practice as it is taught now through books may be hazardous even if to a small minority? this is already a given trend that many people are continuing to have serious problems and they are not calling facilitators... that possibility should have been considered ( and would have been considered by traditional teachers) before simply putting it in books for any yahoo to read... This is reflective (IMO) of the lack of foresight by those who put such techniques into books. We're not talking about any product like a radio that if it doesn't work properly is not going to cause major health issues. We are talking about what is traditionally considered a high level energy practice that has always been transmitted from teacher to pupil by a master who has the ability to monitor the student and make any necessary changes BEFORE any symptoms arise. Usually if these kinds of symptoms become noticeable to the practitioner, the imbalance has been there for a while and by the time symptoms arise, It is not a minor problem anymore and it may be necessary for an energy healer to come in and fix it. Sometimes, without a knowledgeable healer, these problems will persist or get worse...

And I believe your approach puts the responsibility on the uneducated practitioner, when it should be the responsibility of the teacher to evaluate the student before hand.

I'm not trying to ruin the party for those who have enjoyed the practice. and there is no danger of these practices going back into obscurity. They are out there in print for everyone to see. But, I do think it is only prudent to let others know who may be considering these techniques to really think about the possible risks and if they choose to take those risks, to make sure that they have the resources necessary to fix any problems. But, the problem is that those who usually have these problems, probably would not have been given permission, because the master would have seen the potential for abuse or misuse before teaching that person. That is why they were always taught in secret to only those who had proved themselves capable of practicing them properly.

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 2

Im not trying retention.

I just have a wet dream of twice every week. Thats my total ejaculation count every week. (No sex).

Im 23.

What is the count for having a health sexual life until I get very old?

Sorry to add confusion to the post by being the second "Walker" in here... Might need to change my name some day or other.

Anyway... Having been in China for some time now I have to say that, "as much as you want," has never been an answer to this question that I have come across from those involved in Daoist or Buddhist cultivation, nor TCM. As I also grew up in the West I am well aware that many people will think that there is a guilt issue implied by your question, but my observation in China is that this topic is a normal part of discussions about health and does not carry the baggage (or at least the same baggage) that it does in the West.

For men in their twenties, I have heard figures ranging from once a week to Starjumpers once a day. As he pointed out, the state of your health (plus diet, mental and emotional habits, sleep habits, stress levels, exercise routine, energy practices etc.) mean this figure is different for everybody. I have heard doctors recommend tapering things off as one ages, while others say one can keep going at once a week until sixty. In terms of wet dreams, these seem to generally be viewed in TCM as a sign of ill health in all but adolescent males if they happen more than once a month and if they are accompanied by sexual dreams. Yes, the accompanyment of a nocturnal emission with a sexual dream is indeed considered pathological in my standard, latest-edition Chinese government-issue TCM textbook, and I have heard the same thing strongly emphasized by a qigong doctor I knew when I was living in Beijing. For her part, she believed a healthy man in his twenties should lose a small amount of his semen in sleep once every two months or so, dreamlessly. She does not represent the Chinese Ministry of Education line and learned her qigong from a Buddhist master in Northeast China.

Other docs and cultivators I know have more or less echoed her thoughts, but the thing about TCM and cultivation is that nothing is written in stone, disagreement abounds, and everything is flexible (因人而异). Some people once a month? Okay. Some people once every three months? Okay. Some people dream about sex and then ejaculate? I'm sure you'll be able to find talented doctors who say that's perfectly normal. TCM is simply this way. However, I don't think that you'll find a TCM doc who will tell you that two wet dreams a week is healthy. I offer one caveat though, which is that I have heard that if you are a practicing cultivator who lacks the ability to circulate jing, then some methods can cause your sexual energy to increase and thus your wet dreams to become more frequent, even as your health is generally improving due to practice. This means that a cultivator passing through a stage of frequent wet dreams is not in the same boat as a sickly fellow whose qi lacks the strength to hold the bodily fluids within. To determine what is the cause of your condition, you will likely need to find a talented, experienced, old-school TCM doc. He or she will look at the entire state of your body and mind in addition to your symptoms in order to obtain a diagnosis and, if necessary initiate a treatment regimen (辨证论治). Offering this kind of diagnosis cannot be done over the internet except for by the most truly exceptional of healers, and I add that I have never heard it said in China that young people should not use herbal medicine. Your age and your body are two different things. If you are sick then you do what you need to do to heal. Let a doctor with experience helping people decide what is the best route for you.

Since this is a forum whose name refers to Daoism, it is worth stating that it is a mainstream perspective here that practicing real moderation both in terms of your desire and your ejaculation is a normal part of the advice given to those who wish to be conscious about their health. For example, in a book recently-printed book entitled Wudang Internal Alchemy Daoism and the Study of Health Maintenance, the author quotes China's legendary Daoist doctor Sun Simiao's take. He gives a short list of advice for those who aspire to live in to their hundreds, and practicing sexual moderation is right up there. If you are interested and I have the time I could translate this brief passage. It presents a perspective that is not at all unusual. The author himself is a teacher of meditation, martial arts, and health maintenance (养生) methods he learned on Wudang to heal his own body of illness. He still teaches and maintains close contact with monk-doctors. When I met him he struck me as both a healthy and a learned individual. So it is not just Sun Simiao talking this way hundreds of years ago, but the modern-day inheritors of this tradition as well. The doctors and teachers I know out here, in Daoism, Buddhism, and TCM, would probably all balk at, "as much as you want, dude," "twice a day," etc (but they'd tell you not to be neurotic, either!). Does that mean that the other people who posted here are wrong? I don't know. But I think it's fair to give you this perspective.

My observations on the topic. I devoted a huge amount of energy to learning Chinese in a short period of time, and am now studying TCM at an even higher level of rigor. This means I have lived a relatively regimented life over the last three years with a simple pattern of behavior. Doing more or less the same thing most days while also keeping up regular sitting and moving practice has given me the chance to observe how ejaculation affects my mind and body. I have noticed that following ejaculation for as long as three days it is indeed harder to focus my mind, and that I am slightly more prone to moodiness and lethargy. As to reducing ejaculation, other than keeping "once a week" loosely in mind, especially when single, I never concerned myself too much with it. Cultivation slowly diminished my desire to have sex without being in love, and also when my sitting meditation made a level of progress about eight months ago my desire to masturbate evaporated. So, while this is a worthwhile issue to ask about, it seems not to be necessary to try and constrain yourself with great strictness. Focusing on other aspects of cultivation with sincerity, doing your best, observing your body and mind, and having a light heart are probably enough. Changes will take place in their due time. It was put to me when I first started learning Daoist qigong and meditation that when the body gets a taste of health, it likes the taste, and naturally moves you in that direction. I have found this to be true, meaning that I have shed great numbers of very unhealthy habits in recent years and rarely with the outright intent to do so.

I believe that in Western medicine it is currently held by many doctors that if you ejaculate both in masturbation and sex, then the cause is more likely physiological than psychological. Only prematurely ejaculating with a partner is then attributed to pure psychological causes. Western docs would likely give you an SSRI to treat this problem, but be careful of that route. There is now a syndrome called something like "post-SSRI sexual dysfunction syndrome" or the like, which can be found on Wikipedia and elsewhere. The drugs may make your problem worse, or create new trouble.

Last thing: I have heard it from multiple sources that lovemaking (when there is true love) and regular old sex have very different effects on the qi. The former can be tonifying. The latter is always treated as depleting.

Good luck with your health, and especially with finding a good TCM doc. There are a lot of poorly trained ones out there now. Don't be afraid to ask around and shop around. Checking for recommendations from local taiji teachers, Chinese herbal pharmacies, Chinese community centers (especially if they've got old folks, the elderly Chinese pay great attention to their health!) and so forth can help you find out who's got a good rep.

• Like 2

Im not trying retention.

I just have a wet dream of twice every week. Thats my total ejaculation count every week. (No sex).

Im 23.

What is the count for having a health sexual life until I get very old?

You bring a new light to the old:

Do wacky Do wacky Do

Anything, has the potential to be dangerous if done improperly.

Since this particular thread is about ejaculation, I will focus on that. Long term retention is not at all something someone inexperienced and young should be practicing. However I think that is part of where the problem lies for some that pick up this practice. Part of the blame is on the tone of Multi-Orgasmic Man.

Guidelines are given about how often to ejaculate, briefly, in the book while talking highly of not ejaculating. Some take this as ejaculation is bad and try to avoid it as much as possible. Instead of following the actual practice, they take this new found idea of orgasm without ejaculation to an unbalanced and unhealthy level.

If someone is completely new and totally out of touch with their bodies, Mult-Orgasmic Man may not be the best place to start. That does not make the practice invalid.

Walker, no need to change your name unless you just really want to do so. :)

I am not a certified instructor. I have been practicing Chia's Sexual Kung Fu, or my own variation of it, for over ten years. It has been a very helpful practice in my life. So I know that while the practice may not be for everyone it can be a very beneficial practice. It is also why I think it is very important for someone having problems with the practice to seek out someone trained in the Healing Tao, or at the very least TCM or Qigong. If they got into this problem while trying to practice on their own, they really need someone else there to help them get out of it.