Sign in to follow this  
Santyr

Dispelling the Fog

"Mom" is related to the wind/wood element.

Hi Scotty,

Could you explain this?

I was also thinking of the recapitulation technique - the list of all the people you ever met and your energy exchange with them ... I never thought about my mother ... I suppose I met her first and met her the longest.

Well, during my practices which develop those aspects, the relationship with my mother improved on a spiritual level. This is a dramatic way to put it, and it's not how it went down exactly, but it's similar to a demonic/tormenting being turning into an angelic/helpful one. She started to help me with my spiritual path in my dreams. In waking life, I was more agitated, but she was more willing to accept me for who I am and be there for me (when it wasn't exactly deserved).

Also, Baolin Wu says that the index finger is related most to your mother. This finger corresponds to the wind element in vedic traditions (which I consider an accurate framework).

I've noticed that the TCM wood element is the same as the wind element. Some say the metal element is related to wind (because the lungs are involved in breathing), but I think that's not the right correlation.

Guest paul walter

I believe I'm in this definition of Fog and I have been for most of my life as I can remember it. I would like to know what would be the best way to deal with this? I'm aware that Bruce uses the Water method to dissolve it in his book but I was wondering if that's actually the best way to go about it or is there a form of practice that works primarily on this kind of thing?.

Hi Santyr --the "best" way to go about this is through the modality of homeopathy. See a good homeopath if you want your life to change quicker. It does all the same things as qigong etc in terms of clearing the fog, except it works all on its own, 'you' don't get in the way of its healing ability. Paul

Edited by paul walter

Well, during my practices which develop those aspects, the relationship with my mother improved on a spiritual level. This is a dramatic way to put it, and it's not how it went down exactly, but it's similar to a demonic/tormenting being turning into an angelic/helpful one. She started to help me with my spiritual path in my dreams. In waking life, I was more agitated, but she was more willing to accept me for who I am and be there for me (when it wasn't exactly deserved).

Also, Baolin Wu says that the index finger is related most to your mother. This finger corresponds to the wind element in vedic traditions (which I consider an accurate framework).

I've noticed that the TCM wood element is the same as the wind element. Some say the metal element is related to wind (because the lungs are involved in breathing), but I think that's not the right correlation.

I recall that when I practiced Buddhism the teaching was that every sentient being has been at one time your mother and that you can practice loving kindness and gratefulness by thinking on this and treating everyone as your mother. Having a wicked sense of humor I used to think maybe I should phone them all on their birthday and visit them at Christmas ... but that's me. Also everyone I know has quite a fraught relationship with their mother (particularly women ... its a love/hate thing). Maybe this is because we get so much from our mothers that its hard to be an individual without rebelling a little (or a lot).

I have wood/wind element as being about growth + spring while metal is autumnal so they are opposites (in a way). Metal takes up the shape into which it is formed while wood wants to grow freely into a new form ... so maybe we have a kind of tension here.

"everyone I know has quite a fraught relationship with their mother (particularly women ... its a love/hate thing)"

Um, it was actually just a "hate" thing for me, but we prefer the convention of "love/hate" IMO and small experience.

I'm not allowed to admit that in polite society. So I'll admit it here.

Why is so much of practice about the expression of "love" in all it's forms if we didn't start off somewhat handicapped in this capacity in some way? :ph34r:

These days I have her down as an accepted (if difficult) part of my life. I don't let her run me but I don't go out of my way to be a bitch to her either. She will still try to jump all over my boundaries. She has no idea who I am and I'm not going to bring her up to speed to justify myself (when "myself" is such a tenuous thing ;)) We're on a "need to know" basis :lol:

These days I have her down as an accepted (if difficult) part of my life. I don't let her run me but I don't go out of my way to be a bitch to her either. She will still try to jump all over my boundaries. She has no idea who I am and I'm not going to bring her up to speed to justify myself (when "myself" is such a tenuous thing ;)) We're on a "need to know" basis :lol:

I don't think you are alone in this. My girlfriend's relationship with her mum is similar. She says she feels a duty towards her mum but that she doesn't like her (I think I've said enough).

Someone once said to me that your mother is your doorway into the world. But like the automatic doors at an airport, while you might be grateful to the doors for opening you don't ask them which plane to get on.

?

Having a wicked sense of humor I used to think maybe I should phone them all on their birthday and visit them at Christmas ... but that's me.

:D

I have wood/wind element as being about growth + spring while metal is autumnal so they are opposites (in a way). Metal takes up the shape into which it is formed while wood wants to grow freely into a new form ... so maybe we have a kind of tension here.

Nice. Mom just wants us to grow.

Thanks, apepch7.

Eric Yudelove had some interesting tehories about the correspondance between different aspects of the air element in the western tradition and wood and metal in the chineese system. Something about dry and humid air or something similar. I think it is in the long thread about his teachings.

Hi Santyr --the "best" way to go about this is through the modality of homeopathy. See a good homeopath if you want your life to change quicker. It does all the same things as qigong etc in terms of clearing the fog, except it works all on its own, 'you' don't get in the way of its healing ability. Paul

This is a really good point. You can 'kickstart' your proccess this way. However homeopathy will bring up issues, whether physically or emotionally, and they will be part of the process of fog dispelling. While in the process of unravelling the issues, it's useful to have tools. Taoist 'turning stress into vitality' tools are great, and there are others you can learn on youtube, like EFT.

EFT is a tool you can easily learn which will readily help shift the stuff that homeopathy brings to the surface. it is a great tool for anyone, and especially profound for a seeker who can get fast evidence of how much 'reality' is unconscious conditioned, it will give you proof that so many of our physical symptoms and emotional complexes are reflexes of conditioning. Even the most basic 'physical' pain can be profoundly disapeared with EFT, if you google it you will find he endless amount of proof from people who were amazed to discover that their suffering was a reflex of what Tolle calls their 'pain body'... we expect pain and condition ourselves to perpetuate it, EFT blows the lid off this literal way of viewing the body, and the 'work ethic' point of view that assumes much hard work is needed to shift stuff.

I read a book recently that has become a best seller for those with chronic pain, it's called The Mind/Body Prescription by John Sarno. "the author reveals how the emotions act on the brain to produce physical ailments and offers a therapeutic program focusing on reducing negative feelings."

The lack of division between mind/body is becoming more recognised, in a more sophisticated way than "oh, that must be psychosomatic, take a valium" type thing.

EFT is a tool which can easily help dispel, for example, negative feelings toward a parent..because any feeling which gets backed up in your emotional body can be shifted through this method. This isnt to say that it is process free.. it's likely that a lot of grief and anger - or whatever- will fall out when you begin tapping.

Just depends if you can bear to have it fall out, witness it, feel the pain, and then discover the next layer underneath. Ouchy!

"Just depends if you can bear to have it fall out, witness it, feel the pain, and then discover the next layer underneath. Ouchy!"

Which is why spend all that time learning "techniques" so that when it does come up, you understand what's going on and you can navigate yourself through it. :)

Thanks alot I Appreciate all your replies I'm currently practicing a few that have been mentioned and I'm looking into the other recommendations to see what resonates the best with me.

Sign in to follow this